It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Prices Drop (Election time)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Isn't it remarkable how gas prices drop with elections around the corner. Is this on purpose or just a coincidence? It seems a little funny to me, but the big question now is, "will American's fall for it or will Republicans fall for it?"
Are the gas prices controlled for personal gain or is it just me?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Isn't remarkable how many people fail to grasp even the most fundamental principles of free markets?

Oil prices when up when demand increased (China & India( and ME tensions (Iran) raised concerns about future supplies. BUT rising prices encourage production and discourage consumption. This has resulted in increasing oil and gas inventories. Sprinkle in lower ME tensions and you get lower prices.

apc

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Summer's over. Driving has reduced. Demand wanes. Prices drop.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Gas prices dropped sharply right before Labor Day which is a high consumption weekend. Historically, gas prices rise slightly before big travel weekends. i.e. Memorial Day, Labor Day, Independence Day, and the winter holidays. Yet this Labor Day they dropped all weekend. Big oil run by largely Republicans know that people will remember that gas prices dropped on a big travel weekend.

CNN ran a story that gas prices will average around $2.00 a gallon by November. Right at election time. Keep a look out for Republicans claiming some sort of part in reducing the gas prices. Especially incumbants at risk of losing their seat.

Also, regardless of high gas prices, every month their has been record world consumption so there goes the free market rule right out the window.

[edit on 5-9-2006 by GTWill]

apc

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Please explain how Republicans have control over the global oil market.

And as CNN is a fairly liberally biased news agency, why would it be in their interests to imply that the price of gas will fall around election time? Fact is, Summer demand coupled with ethanol limitations and Middle Eastern tensions drove prices up in the US (minus the ethanol limitations re. world). With Iran becoming more of an "eh" instead of a blazing fury of oil embargoes, most of the market nervousness is subsiding. Most...

Of particular interest is our lack of devasting hurricanes threatening the gulf.

And please show the statistics you reference. Record consumption does not equal record demand vs supply, so I suspect you are talking out of fantasy land.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yah with the end of the summer season oil prices drop.

Not toooooo complicated

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I was just saying this to my wife. How does the price of gas drop so quickly all of a sudden and no one questions the reason. We are just so excited to be paying less that we don't question it.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
an intersting topic.

The futures market has a lot to do with it as im sure you will find if you look at other posts here on ats.

there is another thread with interesting similair slant on ats other current events forum.

Oil down ATS

Keep watching not the oil guys the following

Gold
Property
Inflation
Rates
Employment
Trade Deficit

regards

Elf

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I just finished posting on the other oil prices dropped thread here. I don't buy it either. Even OPEC seems perplexed. The timing is very suspicious so near a critical election. And coincidentally despite alot of negative press for Mr. Bush (Geneva Convention fight, cancellation of troop draw-down, continued bickering over Iran with fewer countries backing the US position, IAEC calling the US liars, etc.) his approval bumps as gas prices decline. Does the Republican party control oil prices? Not directly but their friends sure as hell do.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Oil prices are set by the following factors

The futures market

Current oil companies estimates of reserves (a joke !)

The share markets (e.g. 25% of all the wealth in the FTSE 100 in london is shares in oil comanies!)

OPEC

Saudi Arabia

Demand

Environmental/Political/Geographical factors.

Now the powers that be in washington have control even if not obviosuly of all of these factors except three. Environmental political and Demand.

Therefore they lie about the true environmental costs aka bush and global warming, and will not admit it when another hurricane destroys some wells this year.

Political they invade countries for it ie Iraq

Geographical do as above to create pipelines.

This drop is also for the reasons that I postualte in my above post. Nice Christmass for all and a won election before Bush gets back to running the country like the Hugarian president recently admitted!

Regards Elf

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
About time!!

I don't care about election time, I want $1.50 gas. It could happen.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
gas in my area has dropped $21 cents since august .i think it started as an election ploy but the regulatory board just instituted a freeze of 5 cents over 3 months if the companies (need)to raise it now.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
A little too suspicious to me also.
Ok we did not have a herd of storms in the gulf so it should be down some.
BP lost a large supply from Alaska.
The other gulf is teetering on the brink of civil war and war mongering pressure from the US.
Demand is about where it was last year maybe higher globally.

These factors say we should be in the 260-285 range.
Something is wrong with the math.
*Polynomial: Math Problem/equation more than one unknown.
*Midterm election: Political Problem/Voters where we have 1/3 unknowns (1/3 = number of congress-persons up for election/reelection.

Gas Prices = (DOE + US Oil Cortel + War + Hurricanes + ) - (MidtermElections)
MidtermElections = Voters - (Energy Dollars + Diebold + NetworkTV)
USA = People - (Lobbyest + Big Pharma + Big Oil + Network TV ... ) = pwned

"Line up for your biometric ID card and chip implant in 2008"!

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BartIV
Isn't it remarkable how gas prices drop with elections around the corner. Is this on purpose or just a coincidence? It seems a little funny to me, but the big question now is, "will American's fall for it or will Republicans fall for it?"
Are the gas prices controlled for personal gain or is it just me?

You are a smart cookie Bart! And I hope we throw all the incumbents out onto the street - with the exception of may be a few Congressman. We need to focuss on their voting records - not on which House.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Those who believe in a possible conspiracy aren't exactly in an insignifcant minority...

A recent USA Today/Gallup Poll asked voters "do you think the Bush administration has deliberately manipulated the price of gasoline so that it would decrease before this fall's elections?" Forty two percent said "yes".

Are Lower Gas-Prices a GOP Ploy?

[edit on 26-9-2006 by firebat]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is all manipulation- lets all enjoy it while we can.

It wont last.

apc

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Take that same poll to a room full of stoners and you'll get 100% yes.

Take it to a WWF fight and you'll get 100% no.

All this poll shows is that they are more than capable of finding all the morons wandering the streets who have zero understanding of global economics.

Oil is almost $60. I would love for someone to try and explain how Bush is responsible for that.

AlabamaCajun
Ok we did not have a herd of storms in the gulf so it should be down some.
BP lost a large supply from Alaska.
The other gulf is teetering on the brink of civil war and war mongering pressure from the US.
Demand is about where it was last year maybe higher globally.

Yes. Storms bad. No storms good.
BP's pipeline is back up.
Apparently the market does not see civil war and war mongering from the US.
And where were the prices last year pre-Katrina?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think we may have now seen the gas price hit bottom folks at 60-65$, or so. Let's see if I'm right! For those of you plungers out there who shorted oil and gas and for those of you who like to make a quick buck, it will be going back up after the November elections to where it was at about 85$.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Take that same poll to a room full of stoners and you'll get 100% yes.

Take it to a WWF fight and you'll get 100% no.

All this poll shows is that they are more than capable of finding all the morons wandering the streets who have zero understanding of global economics.

The Gallup Poll is one of the most reliable polls out there with a high reputation for accuracy and integrity. They use random number-dialing for their polling... so that pretty much shoots down the argument that they "picked morons wandering the streets" in order to skew their polls.

But this is a common tactic of people like you.... even when all facts go against your way of thinking, just deny the credibility of those facts, even in the face of overwhelming credibility. Deny, deny, deny.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Oil is almost $60. I would love for someone to try and explain how Bush is responsible for that.

Wow! Do you give Mr. Bush that much credit? I'd say Bush did not do it but the FED shareholders using their various institutions, banks and firms did.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join