It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osmanagic's expert now says Bosnian "pyramids" are just hills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Since the original thread has scrolled off the top page, I'm going to link and then bring up the latest on the site.

QUICK RECAP:
In October 2005, Mr. Semir Osmanagić, (who is in the USA under the name "Sam Osmanagic) put out a sensationalized press release saying that the hills around Visochica in Bosnia were actually pyramids that dated to 12,000 BC or even earlier. He claimed they were built by an ancient super-civilization.

Shortly after his announcement and release of pictures, critics popped up saying that his technique was bad and what he was excavating was natural stone formations and not pyramids. As experts began showing up and saying, "no... that's just a hill", a war of experts began.

The town of Visochica began to get lots of tourists. A theme park was planned.

Osmanagic claimed Hawass sent an Egyptologist... Hawass and the Egyptian embassy said they sent no such person and that the person working for Osmanagic has no such credentials. Two archaeologists who had answered Osmanagic's original employment opportunity posting suddenly found Osmanagic bandying about their names as his experts.

More furor followed.

More visits by academics and professionals ensued. The verdict was "it's a hill." The mayor of the town of Visochica demanded that the scoffers' academic titles be stripped and their diplomas ripped up.

Osmanagic invites Dr. Colette M. Dowel and Dr. Robert Schoch (very sympathetic professionals with real degrees who research "anomalies") to spend a month there. He makes quite a big fuss over this.

Colette wrote first -- obviously disappointed and disillusioned and it was clear from her writing that she had found some fraud and other problems and she now no longer believed the structures were pyramids: www.dailygrail.com...

Osmanagic's response was vitrolic and he seemed to be trying to turn it into a political issue ("They're doing it because they don't want to see the wonderful nation of Bosnia elevated to world importance" is the sum of his rant in that aspect) :
www.dailygrail.com...

Schloch has now released part of HIS response. His verdict? "No pyramids."
www.dailygrail.com...

I don't know when his final report will be offered, but I expect another shriek from Osmanagic any day now.

Our original discussion:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-8-2006 by Byrd]

[edit on 28-8-2006 by Byrd]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
for Sam Osmaganic translate as Con man
for Colette m Dowd translate as Collette M Dowell
for Robert Schloch translate as Dr Robert Schoch
for the real details about Osmaganics ability read
www.archaeology.org...
for a real laugh actually see what Osmaganic replies to his personal mail with:-

Sam Semir Osmanagich M.Sc., B.Sc.Ecc., B.Sc. P.Sc.
Chairman, Board of Directors
Archeological Park: Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun Foundation
e-mail: [email protected]
www.piramidasunca.ba
mob. USA: 1-281-450-3868
mob. Bosnia: 387-61-488-600
fax: 1-281-807-1813
10102 Lakeside Gables Dr.
Houston, Texas 77065 USA

maybe if anyone talks to him they can ask him why he is using a range of credentials in disciplines that he has never studied nor passed any exams for
I guess in this case they mean
msc - master of scientific crap
bsc - bronze swimming certificate
Ecc - economic contractual conman
psc - pseudo scientist commandant

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well that was an interesting read of sorts, I have seen the thread kicking around here about the Bosnian pyramids but never gave it much thought nor did I bother to read it. Looks like I read the last part of the Bosnian pyramid story first, guess I have to go read the first part now.
I wouldn't want to be thought of as imbalanced.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I loved you in lord of the rings

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
for Colette m Dowd translate as Collette M Dowell
for Robert Schloch translate as Dr Robert Schoch

Ooops! I was SO tired when I typed that. Thanks! Went back and fixed it.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Thanks for the information, Byrd. I was trying to find this thread a few days ago to inquire about it, kinda funny you posted about it today

I figured something like this had happened since the thread was active, they had found tunnels and such, then... Nothing.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Soooo,

As a poster in the other thread put it (paraphrasing,)
"So should we start another thread now where all the true believers can say how wrong they were?" (That particular poster said "debunkers" instead of "true believers," as I recall.)

I'm not the kind to gloat. Well, not too much anyway. Because if I was, I would go back to my post in that thread where I said something like "There is no pyramid under that dirt," and I would copy it and paste it here as a quote with a link so everyone that thinks I'm not psychic could go to that thread and note the date!

Told you so everybody! But do they listen? No, never. Will they ever listen? Probably not.

Harte

PhD (Proud hardline Debunker.)

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EcidemonI figured something like this had happened since the thread was active, they had found tunnels and such, then... Nothing.

The tunnels are another odd and interesting side bit that seems to go in and out of focus. First we're told that there's tunnels. Then we hear that they are mining tunnels. Next we hear that there are tunnels connecting each of the hills ("pyramids.")

Then Colette makes reference to "crawling" through them and indicates great disappointment -- it seemed as though this was one of the big points where she felt there was a huge fraud, but no details are given.

I'm curious.

top topics

join