It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you found out the Mason's weren't evil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It seems that the biggest gripe with the Mason's is the Pike (mis)quote/Leo Taxil hoax. So if we took that away what would be your biggest fear of them.

It seems that without that the Anti's don't have very much fuel to add to the fire. The truth that I have found is that the extreme Christian fundalmentist are the biggest campaigners for the Anti-Masonic movement and no other group dislikes them as much.

As a Mason I would really like to hear from you what you think. I am not looking to argue but more of a fact finding mission.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
A very odd question for all people are unique and even bad people can turn those forces to work for good. But I never thought of Mason's being evil to begin with, unless what many refer to as being evil is the organization. Even then there is good and evil present in very the best of organizations.

If you're a member then just comtinue to be a good Mason.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by Cinosamitna]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
what level are you?

Its obvious that the lower degrees arent evil, and have no idea what the organizations is all about, and who controls it...its the highest degrees who are evil and use the organization to launder money, and scope out potential prospects for their diabolical order. Loyalty is the main key. How loyal are you?

The organization is run by the top degrees. 33 and up....they arent even known. They are called the Illuminati degress, and go up to 46 degrees (13 extra). Knowledge is power. But unfortunately, so is money and control.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The writings of Foster Bailey, Manly P. Hall, C.W. Leadbeater and J.D. Buck confirm and elaborate on the writings of Albert Pike.

The higher degrees aren't necessarily the most informed. Many 33d degree Masons are for show. Celebrities put on display, as a respectable front.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AscendedMaster
what level are you?

Its obvious that the lower degrees arent evil, and have no idea what the organizations is all about, and who controls it...its the highest degrees who are evil and use the organization to launder money, and scope out potential prospects for their diabolical order. Loyalty is the main key. How loyal are you?

The organization is run by the top degrees. 33 and up....they arent even known. They are called the Illuminati degress, and go up to 46 degrees (13 extra). Knowledge is power. But unfortunately, so is money and control.

It is not necessarily "obvious" just because you happen to think it. What seems apparent, though, is that you don't understand the structure of worldwide Freemasonry to begin with. You are concerned with "level", even though there are various offshoots within the broader Masonic family of Orders, and the Scottish Rite is the only major, regular body in which candidates can progress to the 33rd degree. Even so, they do not "rule" the rest of Freemasonry. In truth, they have no authority over my lodge whatsoever, and their membership is actually a distinct minority here in Australia. Most Australian Freemasons instead opt to progress through the York Rite.

Some of you guys really have to get over the linear, raw numbers of the degrees. It doesn't work the same way as Dungeons & Dragons, for crying out loud.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Gosh, wow etc etc. I hadn't heard this before - where did you get this information?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
Some of you guys really have to get over the linear, raw numbers of the degrees. It doesn't work the same way as Dungeons & Dragons, for crying out loud.

Too funny man, it reminds me of Al Gore's cameo on the animated series Futurama "I'm a 10th lvl Vice President!"

But your right.. more then half the world works on the York rite, which doesnt go to 33rd degree, some go further.. some are very staunch supporters of the original 3 degrees, and while masons of all rites often gather together.. each country and often regions within a country govern themselves.

Now as to the question that brought this thread to us, "What would you do f you found out the mason's weren't (WERE NOT) evil"

Well.. the first thing i would do.. is log in to ATS (

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by corsig
What would you do if you found out the Mason's weren't evil

... I would really like to hear from you what you think.

Wanna play cosmic chess?

The objective to is to get the other players king.

[edit on 28-8-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Its obvious that the lower degrees arent evil, and have no idea what the organizations is all about, and who controls it...its the highest degrees who are evil and use the organization to launder money, and scope out potential prospects for their diabolical order. Loyalty is the main key.

Obviously, there's a fallacy in that argument. You claim that Masons "have no idea what the organization is all about" even though it's the Masons who compose tyhe organization. Yet somehow you are supposed to know all about it.

And, by the way, who exactly is laundering money through Freemasonry? If what you say is true, certainly you should be able to give us a couple of examples. I know I'd be interested, as it would be quite a trick to launder money through a non-profit organization.

Actually, the Illuminati only had 10 degrees. I'd strongly suggest you back up and rethink what you say before actually write it. Otherwise, folks around here'll think you're just making it up.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenu brings order
The writings of Foster Bailey, Manly P. Hall, C.W. Leadbeater and J.D. Buck confirm and elaborate on the writings of Albert Pike.

How so? Hall and Buck followed many lines of Pike's thought, but I don't really see much similarity between Pike, Bailey, and Leadbetter. Leadbetter, by the way, was never a regular Mason. Bailey was a Mason, but most of his books were actually ghostwritten by his wife.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Here's a better question - what would you do if you knew full well after 5 years of constant harrassment and persecution by this same large organisation of thieves, vandals, liars and cowards backed with studying the 300 year old history of the cult?
The Freemasons are the most underhanded and despicable organisation I have come upon by a long shot.
If anything underhanded is going on these guys will want a piece of it even if they didn't start it off in the first place.

Take it from me first hand - this is a mind control cult and a large criminal syndicate, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
Here's a better question - what would you do if you knew full well after 5 years of constant harrassment and persecution by this same large organisation of thieves, vandals, liars and cowards backed with studying the 300 year old history of the cult?
The Freemasons are the most underhanded and despicable organisation I have come upon by a long shot.
If anything underhanded is going on these guys will want a piece of it even if they didn't start it off in the first place.

Take it from me first hand - this is a mind control cult and a large criminal syndicate, nothing more, nothing less.

Please back this up with some facts and I will lend you my ear.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Please back this up with some facts and I will lend you my ear.

Good luck with that one. It's always been Necros' contention that he was "drugged" so that he would he become a Mason. When he refused, the Masons blew up his toilet, and sent the little old ladies from the Eastern Star to harass him on the streets of Bangkok, where he believes he's becoming a Bodhisattva or something.

In reality, for anyone to join Masonry, they first are required to request admission of their own free will and accord, be elected at a regular Lodge meeting, pay an initiation fee, then drive to the Lodge, get out of the car, and go into the building for the initation ceremony.

Necros' story is, to put it charitably, a bald-faced lie.

[edit on 28-8-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

As a Mason I would really like to hear from you what you think. I am not looking to argue but more of a fact finding mission.

My personal opinion? People who fear modern-day masons are ignorant and buying into a bait and switch against whatever real NWO/Illuminati exists if any. My gramps was a mason, many of our closest family and friends are masons, our next door neighbor (now dead) received the first Golden Trowell awarded in Texas, or so he said.

Masons are about as threatening and world dominating as the Rotary Club or Toastmasters International, which is to say, not at all. It's another "Old Boys Network" that affords its members certain priviledges like any other organization. Most of the members are old-school engineers.

I think, at some point in the past, Masons had considerable power to sway governments and organizations alike.

Heck, if anything, if people need to fear an organization of Engineers, then let them fear the IEEE, which has considerably more power and influence over the tech sector and weapons development.

But, like I said, some people are just ignorant and go with what fictional movies, TV shows, books, etc have told them to fear, and then happened to catch a couple of snippets from history books (the same ones that the fictions were based on) to back up their stories about how Masons are oh so evil...

Bah...

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I had an interest in joining at one point. Then I came here and did some 'research'. Now, I don't really know what to think anymore.

My dad's best friend was a mason (no idea what rank, but has been one for 20 years or so) but suddenly quit last year. I really would like to know why. So I asked my dad to ask him why he quit but his friend says he "absolutely will not discuss it". Wierd... I have to wonder why?

I guess as of right now, I won't attempt to join becuase for me, there are too many lingering questions about the group's true intentions and I guess I probably wouldn't get an answer I that I can trust from either 'side' (just look at the forums here) and I don't want to be a part of the group for decades to come and then find out in the end that they are 'evil'.

So to answer your question... If I find out that they aren't evil - I'd be disappointed that I didn't try to join.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng

My dad's best friend was a mason (no idea what rank, but has been one for 20 years or so) but suddenly quit last year. I really would like to know why. So I asked my dad to ask him why he quit but his friend says he "absolutely will not discuss it". Wierd... I have to wonder why?

It could be a number of things. If your dad's friend has converted to some particular religious denomination that forbids Masonic membership, that would be an answer. Or it could be something like a dispute with a fellow member, or disagreement with something his Lodge voted to do. If the guy found something evil, it's probably unlikely that he would refuse to talk about it, so more than likely, it's something much more mundane.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Possibly, but then why is he so adamant about not wanting to discuss it? Know what I mean? If it was something as simple as religion or a dispute I would think he wouldn't mind discussing it.

The thing that stinks is that I'm an engineer and some of the things related to masonry really interest me. But the whole 'secretive' aspect of it turns me off. I need to know what I'm getting into. Being so secretive, I never really would.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Possibly, but then why is he so adamant about not wanting to discuss it? Know what I mean? If it was something as simple as religion or a dispute I would think he wouldn't mind discussing it.

Maybe, but I would think if it was something really important, he would discuss it. I've seen several drop out here and there for various reasons. It almost always boils down to either a religious issue or someone, for whatever reason, just got mad and quit.

The thing that stinks is that I'm an engineer and some of the things related to masonry really interest me. But the whole 'secretive' aspect of it turns me off. I need to know what I'm getting into. Being so secretive, I never really would.

Well, if it makes any difference, Masonry isn't any more secret than any other fraternity. Actually, it's less so, as its members are always writing books about it, whereas other fraternities generally do not publish much about themselves.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Thanks ML.
But don't they kill you (or something like that) if you reveal their secrets? Maybe he simply doesn't want to die.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Personally, I don't think freemasonry is any more or less secretive than any other private organization. I think the trouble you are having is deciding who or what to believe.

Good luck.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join