It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel continues to terrorise Lebanese civilians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

While the guns have gone silent over southern Lebanon amid a tense ceasefire between Israel and Hezbollah guerrillas, civilians continue to die from cluster bombs.

Israel dropped cluster bombs -- anti-personnel weapons that spray bomblets over a wide area - on at least 170 villages in their 34-day offensive, according to Tekimiti Gilbert, operations chief of the UN Mine Action Coordination Centre in Lebanon.

The bomblets that failed to explode are now proving to be dangerous weapons against the civilians who never fled during the conflict, or who are starting to return home.

The UN group is attempting to map the 285 unexploded cluster bomb sites that have so far been identified in southern Lebanon, said Dalya Farran, a spokesperson for the group.

Source.

It seems not even a ceasefire can stop the killing. How does the deployment of such weapons do anything to stop Hezbollah? These weapons kill civilians indiscriminately, and to my mind, such tactics will only strengthen the resolve of those who believe that Israel is an evil country, and deserves to be removed from the map. These are straight up weapons of terror, and as you can see, it is the innocent civilians who pay the price for the actions of a minority.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
See, most sheeple dont think of that, and ignore your post. They dont want to think about it. Because in their minds, Israel is right, and Lebanon is wrong.

How people who are able to think for themselves can come up with such a ridiculous conclusion is beyond me. Its OBVIOUS, painfully obvious, who is the evil one here.

People are so brainwashed, they are actually talking about whether we should have a pre-emptive strike on Iran. It doesnt matter to them that Iran did absolutely nothing wrong. All they did was threaten to fight back if Israel ever attacked them. OOOO how evil!

Of course, the managed, lying media does a fine job programming the minds of the goyen. Like the Elite say, give the goyen bread and circus, and they will be happy.

They will be too busy eating at Mcdonalds, or watching sitcoms....they wont notice at all.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AscendedMaster
See, most sheeple dont think of that, and ignore your post. They dont want to think about it. Because in their minds, Israel is right, and Lebanon is wrong.

How people who are able to think for themselves can come up with such a ridiculous conclusion is beyond me. Its OBVIOUS, painfully obvious, who is the evil one here.

People are so brainwashed, they are actually talking about whether we should have a pre-emptive strike on Iran. It doesnt matter to them that Iran did absolutely nothing wrong. All they did was threaten to fight back if Israel ever attacked them. OOOO how evil!

Of course, the managed, lying media does a fine job programming the minds of the goyen. Like the Elite say, give the goyen bread and circus, and they will be happy.

They will be too busy eating at Mcdonalds, or watching sitcoms....they wont notice at all.

Finally! A thread which speaks the truth about the situation. I am quite opposed to Israels government, and policies. Not the Israeli people, but Israels government. They are shallow, and selfish. Me me me. We all know that Israel lives with terror on a pretty regular basis. I wouldn't want to live like that, in fact I don't have the mettle to live like that. However, if peace is being offered, and it sounds to me like both sides have to give in a little, maybe peace really can exist. It never will though with Israels current policies. Everybody is against poor little Israel. Poor, poor, poor Israel, they never do anything wrong. Maybe there's a reason why Israel is so disliked......

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I agree, however I will add that it is the high levels of the government who are pro zionist, they are the ones to blame for all this. They serve the Illuminati. They are dark. America is no better.

The plan is to start WW3, which of course isnt and wont happen, so what to do? What do they have next for us? How long will we put up with it before we finally just lose it, and flood into their mansions and offices, and take back our power.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AscendedMaster
I agree, however I will add that it is the high levels of the government who are pro zionist, they are the ones to blame for all this. They serve the Illuminati. They are dark. America is no better.

Yes I agree with you on all points. Well maybe not the Illuminati thing, but all other points. And yes you are right, the American GOVERNMENT is no better.

The plan is to start WW3, which of course isnt and wont happen, so what to do? What do they have next for us? How long will we put up with it before we finally just lose it, and flood into their mansions and offices, and take back our power.

Well, I don't know about going that far, but I wish the US Government would wake up and stop being a puppet. If Israel wants to be a true ally, that's great, but the relationship appears to be a very one way street, at least in my opinion.
Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What is "terrorism" is a matter of opinion.

Hezbollah are terrorists according to US and Israel.

Europe considers them as a resistence movement.

Russia and China even consider Hamas as freedom fighters, as well as Hezbollah.

According to world poll, most people consider President Bush to be a greater terrorist than Bin Laden.

Arabs say Israel is a terrorists state, and its actions in Lebanon and Gaza are state sponsored terrorism.

And UN has still not agreed on the exact definition of terrorism.

No wonder the world gets confused as to who or what terrorism is.

video.google.com...

video.google.com...

[edit on 29-8-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yes I agree, and it is no accident. If you think about it, robbing someone on the street is an act of terror. Thats what they are trying to get us on, with all these draconian laws.

In the Patriot Act, section 802, it clearly says that the definition of terrorism is "any act that endangers human life that is a violation of any federal or state law." So according to this line, speeding is an act of terrorism.

People arent putting up with this, and thats good. They tried to pass the DSH Act, along with the Victory Act....which wouldve obliterated freedom as we know it, but was met with stern opposition. The worst part is almost nobody has even heard of this. If you are one of those people, go read them. Its absolutely Nazi-like.

Domestic Security Enhancement Act / Patriot Act II

Article on Victory Act

If these laws were passed, they could strip you of your citizenship, have you shipped to a foreign country, and secretly executed, just for being involved in "acts of terrorism", you saw their definition of terrorism!

They even have these leaflets from the FBI that were passed out to law enforcement across America that say that people who defend the US constitution, or try to "police the police", are TERRORISTS. Just imagine what life wouldve been like if these laws were passed (they are still trying to pass it by the way, secretly of course, they wouldnt dare take the chance to do this out in the public view....even if they are to a certain extent).

[edit on 29-8-2006 by AscendedMaster]

top topics

join