It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i need your help in trying to construct my thesis dealing with drugs...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
recently ive been thinking about constructing a thesis that connects and or relates drugs, perceptive reality and art styles. but before i go about doing that i need to talk to someone or get an opinion from someone more knowledgable on drugs then i am. im a grad art student... i know about art... but im trying to educate myself a little on drugs.

here's my question or concern...

could i say that there are essentially 3 different types of drugs...

1) drugs that dull ones senses to the perceptive reality that we are in (created by our known world right now) and hieghten our senses to another reality... the reality outside our perceptive reality... the reality we know in our known perceptive reality as another dimension or whatever. drugs like the hallucinogen... peyote, lsd etc.

2) drugs that do the oppposite of number one there... drugs that hieghten our senses in our current known perceptive reality... like stimulantes (caffiene, crack, or medicinal drugs that normalize us) while they dumb or simply dont even deal with helping us sense another reality then the one we normally inhibit... going to work, sports, school, global society etc.

3) drugs that are a mixture of the two.. that play with both senses.. that mix different realities in a more blunt fashion... ie speedball.

could one get away with saying this? if not... wheres the hole? has this essentially been expressed before by someone else and if so who are they and did they write something on it?

[edit on 27-8-2006 by krossfyter]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
anyone care to take a stab at this? i really could use the help. i want my thesis/theory to be as flawless as possible. point me to a site or something if you dont care to talk about it. i couldnt find anything that talks about this slant im taking. this may be new ground.

[edit on 28-8-2006 by krossfyter]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I could pass on some real life experiences and some links to resources and papers by some respected researchers but dont want to break the T&C, u2u me and i'll help you out via email if you like.

join