It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early Winter Coming

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:
DSO

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
An update

There are some trees without leaves now and the majority have started to drop their leaves in our area. Strange, its been around 25-30C for the past two days with bright clear skys, more summerlike then much of our summer.

I think mother nature is going to play a cruel joke on us soon (ie -30 or 3 feet of snow)

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
OMG I noticed the same thing, nature is really messed up at the moment.
In the last week of August (!!) leaves were already colouring! I have never seen that before, so early
And now, Sept 4th, most trees are showing significant autumn colours, way too soon.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
OMG I noticed the same thing, nature is really messed up at the moment.
In the last week of August (!!) leaves were already colouring! I have never seen that before, so early
And now, Sept 4th, most trees are showing significant autumn colours, way too soon.

That's due to a dry summer

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Thought I might add a few links to the thread. Here are a few early winter news for everybody see.

Early Snow Blankets Buffalo

Record Snowfall in Northern States

Car crashes roll in with Early winter

Freeze warning issued for Coming Winter

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well, for the last few weeks, the geese have been flying south, and very low too I might add. Also, there are no wooley worms yet...found that odd. I do still believe this winter is going to be a bad one. Make sure you have a lot of firewood, and your pantry is never bare. The soaking rains started a few days ago, and the temps are slowly and steadily dropping. Not a good sign. Come November, Im afraid Im am going to be wishing for a few of those hot summer days back.

also, my sympathies for those in up north....ug what a nightmare.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Here where I am in Connecticut we have not hit peak leaf color yet and there isn't too much on the ground. The squirrels are starting to dash across the roads. This morning it was around 30 degrees but it warmed up to the high 60s by the afternoon. We are supposed to have a mild winter this year, I'm happy about that!
Did get 2 cords of firewood though...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join