It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early Winter Coming

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Rockpuck, you're right. That is justifiable, problem is some of them would love it.

Last year other than a cold snap or two we had a few snow events that turned out to be nothing. Got the plow drivers some jollies though but not much overtime.

I saw a flock of birds just yesterday heading east across a small valley. And there are yellow leaves on a giantanti oak tree across the road (can see it from my window). I think those are the normal dried out color that some get from tlhe heat and maybe a dry spell this time of year. The oak is also the last to lose it's leaves, sometimes keeping bunches of them all winter long.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Funny, here in Colorado we've been noticing the humidity sliding in. Very odd for this place, since I've been living here aprox. 26 year, it's been one of the driest air'd places that I've lived in. The storms that run across Mt Evans into Denver have been dropping some serious rain as well, and more frequent.

Personally, I welcome the Snow to our community, I love it, it's great fun and peaceful to sit in a hot tub at midnight in the middle of a snow storm.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
it's freezing...
here in ontario...
im suppose to be getting humidity but instead it's like 13degrees celcious...
not good for my garden at all ...
i think this winter is gonna be bad...

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
A week or two ago here in South Carolina where temps were around 100 at that time and it is still very hot and humid but not quite that bad, I saw a large flock of birds flying south at high altitude. The flock was spread out so it took at least a few minutes for all of them to fly by. They didn't stop at all and kept on going south. That may be the earliest I've seen a large flock of birds flying south here in South Carolina.

I certainly haven't seen too much cool air yet though. The highest temperatures are not approaching 100 degrees anymore but are still popping up to 91 degrees with high humidity thrown in. The coldest it's been here were two nights when the temp dropped all the way to 64 degrees. Most nights have seen the coldest temps in the 70's. I'm can't wait until some cooler air gets air.

[edit on 25-8-2006 by orionthehunter]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The early bird gets the hammock on the beach?

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Where I'm at, we've had an average of 100 degree days for the past few weeks, and the trees are still leafy and green, so it doesn't seem like anything strange is going on.

The only odd thing I've noticed is that the locusts are singing more than they usually do.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I am in Northern NJ and yes, the summer actually feels to be leaving. I actually noticed the change about 2 weeks ago, the leaves are crisp, the humidity levels have been null during the nights and its been dropping to low 50's. It actually seems as if the weather sped up without telling time and the calender but thats just a logical way of looking at it.

Just my thoughts

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It is very strange what you say about the light.

About two weeks ago me and my friend were in the house sitting down with some cold drinks on a pretty hot day. Suddenly it seemed quite dim and when i looked outside it seemed like all the reds were extremely vibrant. I called my friend and he said the same. We hadn't been taking drugs or drinking alcohol by the way.

Every red flower and the red fence panels went truly vibrant, and other colours seemed very dim. Never experienced anything like it before and like i say there was two of us.

There were no clouds in the sky so i cannot explain this light.

Edit

Oh and it was midday so the sun was supposed to be at it's brightest, wasn't dusk or anything like that.

[edit on 25-8-2006 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Okay, I'm fairly certain the redish hue of the sun is due to Sulfur in the atmosphere. Have there been many new coal plants to come online in the States recently?

Originally posted by kid301
I think right now the temp is trying to reach its peak, then it will go straight into a rough winter and stay in it longer than normal. Then we will come out again for a hot summer and repeat this thing again except we will have a longer and longer winter each time.

I've noticed the opposite happening. Fall and Spring seems to be getting longer while Summer and Winter are getting shorter and more intense. At least, speaking from a southern ontario perspective.

[edit on 25-8-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
and the summers are getting alot hotter

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Samo, samo here. Hot and miserable but slowly cooling off. Thank god. I'm wishing for winter but when it arrives, it'll be way to early and is obviously coming.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I live here in vancouver where we have two seasons: bugs and rain. Well the rain usually starts in mid-october, but this year its already kicking in. I wonder if early winter has anything to do with global warming, or is it on the contrary, another ice age?

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
hey guys ya i sorta figured that we would be getting an early winter about a month ago... watch the animals smell the air and listen to the wind... might sound like a bunch of voodoo nonsense but theres alot of truth to it and i can guarantee that there will be a heavy early winter... maybe not so cold but alot of snow and soon... probably mid october at the earliest but in reality thats an average winter for alberta so

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
many people , many people, many people, too many people!!!!!! one day the planet is going to shake us all off her!!!!!!! i mean were all just fleas to her.....

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
hmm yeah it does seem a little strange, that people all over north america are saying this, a sure way to tell whats happining is the animals

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I should point out that the reddish hue i saw was in the UK.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProveIt
I live here in vancouver where we have two seasons: bugs and rain. Well the rain usually starts in mid-october, but this year its already kicking in. I wonder if early winter has anything to do with global warming, or is it on the contrary, another ice age?

Do you mean Vancouver BC? Hmmm, I live out in the Valley from Vancouver, and we have had no rain all summer. maybe 2 to 4 times it rained. My lawn is scorched. Today was hot. Once in a while big dark clouds come, and I think here comes the rain, but it seems to bypass us. We've been on drought / water restrictions all summer.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Don't let the global warming freaks see this thread!

B.T.W. Are you guys suggesting the Earths rotation around the sun is going faster than normal?

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
This was strange. I went to the mall yesterday...here's how this happened....
Left the house, it was warm.....drove 5 miles, it started to cool, arrived at the mall it was cold and windy...went to stores, left 2 hours later, as i left, the heat was overwhelming...everyone was complaining how "weird" this was.

We're running hot & cold with the dimm sum.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Well, I live in Florida and there's a couple of strange things going on. Firstly, I've spent the entire summer driving to work with my HEATER on it's been so cold in the mornings. Normally the days start hot and humid, get hotter until mid afternoon and then thunderheads form and we get heavy storms. Once the storms pass, it's just as hot and even more humid until the sun sets and things start to cool down slowly. This year, we've only had a handful of afternoon storms and by 6pm it's cool and comfortable.

The really wierd thing though, is that the grass has stopped growing already. August is always our hottest month and the grass can grow as much as an inch a day - no kidding, you can't go more than a week without cutting the grass or the place reverts to a jungle. The growth doesn't normally slow down until October. The only thing I know of that can affect the grass that way is the amount of sunlight it gets. Something very strange is going in in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join