It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

talking about Shafaq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Let's talk about Shafaq. This aircraft is much like China L-15 or Russia Yak-130 as far as the shape. Also, there is some difference between them. The Shafaq is twin tail fin, so I bet that is little bit bigger than L-15 or Yak-130, then I deduce that would be close to be a fighter not merely is a trainer. As Iran is the most conservative country in this world, even Rusia and N.K. or China does not understand them. So I post thead here as an AboveTopSecret program. If you know any information or you have a confident speculate as Shafaq will show flying in this maneuver, please post here.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Reports have indicate that the Shafaq will be a sub-sonic aircraft and will have a skin of radar-absorbing material.

The design for a new Iranian light attack aircraft the Shafaq / Shafagh appears to be a replay of a light fighter design developed more than 10 years ago at the Mikoyan design bureau in Moscow. This two-seat Advanced training and Attack aircraft appears to be based on the Russian-Iranian "Project Integral" and are fitted with Russian ejection seats. Reportedly there are plans are to produce three versions -- one two-seat trainer/light strike version and two one-seat fighter-bomber versions.

some info here from the wiki link not sure how reliable it is though.

The Shafaq will feature many advanced technologies such as three LCD multifunctional displays (MFD), digital avionics and fly by wire (FBW), and hands-on-throttle-and-stick (HOTAS) flight control, and a head-up display (HUD). The aerodynamic performance of the aircraft will be enhanced by its exceptionally large leading edge root extensions (LERX) and a highly unusual circular section at the wing root. The platform also has seven stores hard points, three beneath each wing and one beneath the aircraft’s fuselage centerline, to carry various air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons. As it has been designed from the outset to have an additional air to ground strike role, the aircraft can serve as an attacker with little, if any, modification. As well, the Shafaq will boast a superbly long combat radius, due to its large fuel stores, incorporated into the design from its birth.

source some more info here and it also mentions some other iranian "projects"

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
theres a video here link although the spelling of the name is different i assume it's the same aircraft? dunno if it's any help?

join