It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keys to happiness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Have you ever wondered what your purpose in life is why you're really here? What if I told you the real purpose of your life is to enjoy it? Therefore your destiny is simply to have a happy life. Here are easy ways to improve these areas of your life so that you can get well on your way:

Be positive
Are you overwhelmed by a sense of dread every time you try something new? Happy people focus on what is possible rather than dwell on the chances for failure. They look at the lighter side and find humour even in sticky situations.

This also applies to inner judgments. Many of us are self-critical when we need to practice a little kindness towards ourselves.

Recognize and act on your values
Recognizing our life values, determining how we want to achieve them and taking steps to act on them is self-empowering. When you realize that you are doing what is most important to you, your happiness level shoots right up.

Focus on what you WANT – and take steps towards it
No one likes feeling stuck. It is important to know what you really want and then take some action towards it. Even if progress is slow, you will FEEL better going in the right direction.

Allow yourself to dream
Hope is critical to our happiness, yet we often crush our own dreams for fear of being disappointed. Allow yourself to dream! Tapping into the power of your imagination will take you to a happier place and with time, you can make some of your dreams come true.

Enjoy life’s small pleasures
No matter how stressed you are, take a break from your routine to admire the sunset or share coffee with a friend. It is the moments which make us happiest - yet how many of them slip by unnoticed?

Find a way to contribute
Some people believe the world owes them – that they are entitled to “the good life” and all its benefits. They become bitter when setbacks occur and tangible rewards stay out of reach.

We need to ask ourselves – what can I offer others? What can I contribute to my family, my community or the world at large that is in line with my skills and abilities?

But remember In order to have great happiness you have to have great pain and unhappiness - otherwise how would you know when you're happy?

Peace !!

EDIT:Spelling

[edit on 23-8-2006 by MorninG StaR 21]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Nice topic, I'm interested to see where it goes from here.
When I got into "The Silva Method of Mind Control" (Oh no, not another cult!) that's pretty much what they taught also. It's done a lot of good for me over the years.
I'm much more relaxed and even tempered. And no more migranes! That's the big one.

join