posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:11 AM
A tape of Steve Centanni and Olaf Wiig who were kidnapped while working for FOX News in the Gaza Strip was released by their captors today. The men
say they are being treated well, but their captors are demanding the release of Muslim prisoners to secure their release.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip — Two FOX News journalists kidnapped by Palestinian militants said in a video released Wednesday that they were being treated
well by their captors and called for pressure to be put on the Palestinian government to obtain their release.
FOX News correspondent, American Steve Centanni, said the two men had access to clean water, showers, bathrooms, food and clothing. "Our captors are
treating us well," Centanni said.
"So, just want to let you know I am here and alive and give my love to my family and friends and ask to do anything you can to try to help us get out
of here," he added.
Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Obviously the U.S. will not comply with their demands. I hope that their safe release can be secured anyway.
It seems this previously unheard of group may not really be a Palestinian group, rather terrorists who infiltrated Gaza. It seems the Palestinian
Authority is doing everything it can to figure out where they and get them released.
[edit on 8/23/2006 by djohnsto77]
[edit on 23/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]