It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group Releases Tape of Kidnapped FOX News Journalists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
A tape of Steve Centanni and Olaf Wiig who were kidnapped while working for FOX News in the Gaza Strip was released by their captors today. The men say they are being treated well, but their captors are demanding the release of Muslim prisoners to secure their release.

www.foxnews.com

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip — Two FOX News journalists kidnapped by Palestinian militants said in a video released Wednesday that they were being treated well by their captors and called for pressure to be put on the Palestinian government to obtain their release.

FOX News correspondent, American Steve Centanni, said the two men had access to clean water, showers, bathrooms, food and clothing. "Our captors are treating us well," Centanni said.

"So, just want to let you know I am here and alive and give my love to my family and friends and ask to do anything you can to try to help us get out of here," he added.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Obviously the U.S. will not comply with their demands. I hope that their safe release can be secured anyway.

It seems this previously unheard of group may not really be a Palestinian group, rather terrorists who infiltrated Gaza. It seems the Palestinian Authority is doing everything it can to figure out where they and get them released.

[edit on 8/23/2006 by djohnsto77]

[edit on 23/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
There are several other threads discussing this over at PTS. Here is a link to one:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

join