It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 22nd Debunked - or was it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
So its Aug 23rd now, and nothing significant happened. The Iranians delivered their multi part response which the U.N. leaders are all examining, the Syrians were talking tuff about possible conflict with Israel if Israel oversteps boundaries in an interview. Syra feels enboldened at the moment due to Hizbollahs "phyrric victory"

So the only things that could make sense would be if that response by Iran resulted in some kind of war in the near future, ie; within 8 months of this post, maybe up to 12.

The second thing that would make sense would be if Syria eventually attacked Israel at some point to regain Golan Heights(they'd claim Israel attacked 1st), even though Israeli ministers have gone to Damascus to negiotiate another "land for peace" deal with Syrian president, like the one that failed in Gaza Strip, showing that Israel feels a bit weaker in it's regional stance now, imo.. just a bit.

I look at prophecies as thus: It doesn't mean that on the date you've recieved, or discovered, or formulated, or however you came up with the date isn't correct in the prophecy, it might mean that something went into effect, an action that will cause reactions much like dominos knocked over in a row until some time in the future when the perverbial "seeds" which were planted on the prophecy date "bloom" to fruition and the actual attack or loss of life or whatever prophecised actually happens.

For the record I didnt think anyone was going to start a war with anybody else on the 22nd. I expected a fiery speech from the Iranian president in utter defiance which we didnt quite get, in fact Iran is acting like they honestly might want to negotiate on some sort of better terms, as said in their response. So even I, thinking something non violent and .. basicly not that big of a blip on the radar would happen, am incorrect as well. I guess.

Damn these dates .. stupid prophecies.. meh meh *kicks prophecy book across room*

[edit on 23-8-2006 by runetang]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
check this thread
Islamic Prophecy- Final Signs of Qiyaamah

I think if any pre-emptive action were to occur by Islamic Fundamentalists to start a war, it would be towards the end of this year, early next year. But that is just pure speculation and not a prediction on my part.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
~~

That August 22nd date wasn't a 'prophecy' as much as a subjective speculation
made by Bernard Lewis, a middle east expert listened to by the neocons & the Bush Administration.

its my opinion that this 'red-flag' was a deliberate and overstated stress builder for arousing the american public...
and for the continued demonizing of Iran, Muslims, Arabs, Jihadists etc etc.
?For what future purpose?....you decide if it's for a preemptive strike

It also might be considered a distraction or a misdirection by TPTB -->>>
(example; how many are aware of whats called NAFTA+ 'Corridor' )

8-22, has passed without incident, and does not seem to be any 'seed' that will germinate in some future event...

8-22, was marginally successful because public opinion has had another layer
of the demonizing of Islam & Iran lathered upon us, and made modest text in several forums ...including ATS

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Keep in mind, this date wasn't the result of a Prophecy per se (although dreams and prophetic content was added after it started). This whole thing started becuase of a concordance of world events and the observations of Bernard Lewis in his WSJ op-ed. After that it took on a life of its own.

What I noticed is that the crux of the discussion degenerated into a "nothing's going to happen you idiots" followed afterwards by the "I told you so chorus". The origin of the August 22nd concerns wasn't from Bible Codes, Nostradamus, an alleged time traveller, an unidentified Australian saying an asteroid is coming (although no one in astronomy could detect one) and the like. It originated from the significance of the date and the recent behavior of Iran. All the related current world events suggested a need to be prudent and especially watchful. What some of us were trying to do was to see if there were any patterns in locally observed events that might suggest something was up.

Here on ATS and other forums we have an opportunity that is historically unprecedented. We can share local observations in near real time with people from all walks of life and from all over the world. Imagine the day that the pot does, in fact, begin to boil --- a day that may not be that far off. ATSers with public safety jobs start reporting the cancellation of vacations, appearance of unexpected new equipment, unscheduled training; military report cancelled leaves, redeployments, specialized training; financial sector employees report sudden changes in procedures; IT people reporting stepped up security and out-of-schedule back-ups and archiving of data... you get the drift. If there's any warning to be had, we're in a position to detect it here first. And if the fit is about to hit the shan I for one would like all the heads-up I can get. Wouldn't you?

[edit on 23-8-2006 by jtma508]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Something is being hidden.
I checked the budgeting of the Dept of Def, and the dates don't add up for allocation.
Then there's this war in DR Congo, UN's intervention, Iran receiving shipments from Congo, and the plastering of news stories I have no interest in.
If you were to check the distribution of resources vs strategic importance, who knows.

But this is all speculation. If I knew concrete facts I would state them.

top topics

join