It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

zolofts hidden killer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'm on Lexapro and I've been having really weird dreams for the last month or so to the point where it's really making me nervous. I'm thinking about just stopping it cold turkey but when I've done that in the past the dreams are really bad and vivid so I'm weary of doing it.

I think just eating right, getting enough rest and exercise would be better than taking the pills. You can't take them forever.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
you should try it for a week
get plenty of rest excercise 2hrs a day or more and eat plenty of fruit and vegetables and eat plenty of salmon which is good for the mind
try and cut out softdrinks and junk food
try it for a week i hope the best for you

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
One of the problems surrounding SRIs and, really, most anti-depressants is that there seems to be a higher risk of suicide and suicidal idealization shortly after starting such meds. It would seem that when a person who is depressed begins taking such drugs, their turpor is lessened and the depressed persons energy level increases, often dramatically. It is at this point where a patient can be "at risk".

To put it another way, a depressed person, typically, is listless and often without energy. Even if such a person wanted to commit suicide, he might not be able to because he simpy does not have the energy to do so. Shortly after taking drugs such as zoloft, the energy level increases before the therapeutic effects of the drug actually start working to alter the patients depressive thinking patterns. This is a period when the depressed person is most at risk.

Of course, there is the added problem of having a GP prescribe such drugs. Often GPs simply do not have the training or experience in dealing with depression or with anti-depressants. Ideally, a person suffering from depression should see a psychiatrist as well as a psychologist. The psychiatrist for medicinal supervision, as often it takes a "thereapeutic cocktail" to adequately control the depression. A psychologist should also be seen for "talk therapy" such as cognitive behavioral therapy or Dialectical Behavioral Therapy.

There has been some research that has shown that talk therapy is as effective as drug therapy. However, when combined, the prognosis is often much better than either drug therapy or talk therapy alone.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
A natural diet can probably do wonders. Drug residues, for one thing, can linger in the body, and quite honestly, they do not handle the source of the problem. And also remember that you have a choice, you do not have to be depressed. If you have decided that you are depressed, then you can also decide that you are not depressed. The psychologist or psychiatrist will hold you down to the level of depression, because for one thing, they will tell you that you have this illness called depression and you have to live with it. Who the hell wants to live with it? Bulldoze it down and "be" something other than depressed. You don't have to "be" anything other than what you "decide" to "be."

See, you should remember times when you weren't depressed? This is proof that you don't have to be depressed. If you can be un-depressed for a moment, you can be so again and again.

Troy

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   
And then you can think yourself into secreting more noradrenaline and some more serotonin too. Then you can think yourself into secreting less stomach acid and stop ulcers also. Then perhaps you can think yourself into secreting some more dopamine and get rid of parkinsons disease.
After that perhaps some positive thought on insulin secretion and take everyone off dialysis. Best of all perhaps we should have some collective thoughts all together on epilepsy and schizophrenia.

There are differences between being clinically depressed and lacking some chemical transmitters in the brain and thinking you are depressed and thinking about happy times to "get better". People who are clinically depressed due to chemical imbalances and remembering happy times usually kill themsleves, especially young males under the age of thirty.

I hope no-one read that and did so.

Please be responsible.....

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I believe anyone here at ATS can change their lives for the better, for some, the change might occur in an instant. I believe in the freedom of man, not the enslavement of man with suppressive questionable disease terminology. This is far better than telling you that you will be dealing with this problem the rest of your life. How much more of a negative thing can you tell another person that they have a problem that they can't get rid of? Hogwash, this is your life, take it back.

Troy

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
How can you find out have a depression problem by yourself without a Doctor and if I do what can I do?

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Happy to say I'm reducing my daily Zoloft as I'm feeling quite happy atm. Started exercising pretty hard, eating healthy. But, it has been a saviour for me personally plus all the advice from a great Psychiatrist.

My one tip if you don't want to take medication or see a doctor is to do exercise - force yourself if you have to. Eat healthy. Combat each negative thought with at least 3 positive ones.

But I'd recommend seeing a dr / psychiatrist to cover your bases.

Take care and peace,
- Naz

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Cybertroy.

I am so pleased you believe people here have the power to heal themselves in positive thought. Now I suggest you go watch some of the video evidence of clinically depressed people and anxious or schizophrenic patients. Then review what I said and what you said.

Chemical imbalances are not necessarily permanent- death is.........

Most MD's do not have sufficient training to recognise serious depressive illness in a reliable way. Most people do not recognise they are depressed either.

These are the people who die because they cannot stand the thought of further living. Short of men in white coats and straight jackets and "lock em up till they feel better" attitude what are we to do.
If someone needs a chemical ( licensed of course ) crutch for a few months - who are you to deny them that right....
Go ask in Scandinavian countries about depression and SAD then try pulling yourself up by your bootstraps...

You have a very good point to make, you make it very irresponsibly (badly).

I am concerned for anyone that cannot do what you suggest as you leave no alternative other than the quivering jelly unable to answer the telephone from anxiety or the opportunist suicide attempt with tablets and booze....

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
great post Deharg
i dont see nothing wrong with postive thought and like i said before do alot of research on what youre taking in one country it says this and another its something else
as was the case with zoloft

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join