It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Lucifer? Who is the Devil? Who is Satan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
My work on this planet is done.
The son of perdition,
Garry Denke

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Okay................

What is your point, what are you getting at, and just what does this have to do with cryptozoology in paticular?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Satan is "The grand adversary of man; the devil or prince of darkness; the chief of the fallen angels"
He was an angel until he tried to usurp Gods' throne. God created Hell, a lake of fire, and cast Lucifer into it.
Other angels followe dand became demons.
There you have it.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Are all three the same entity?

Why so many names? I recently read something on the subject and I'm curious to know if any one esle has information on the origin of the three names.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garry Denke
The son of perdition,
Garry Denke

It depends alot on who you are asking and what you believe,
according to religion lucifer is associated with satan or more the embodient of Satan which is the antithesis of all that is good and is basis for all that is evil.

There is then lucifer who followers of him, believe that he is some sort of alien species that created human beings on earth.
I can get more info if this does not answer your question.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by Revelmonk]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Satan must have originated from shaitan, the Islamic or Muslim name for the fallen angel. He is the doubter, the questioner, he refused to beleive that a lesser creation could or should deservingly have free will.

Perhaps he knew what "man" kind was fully capable of, if they so choose to follow a path for themselves instead of others.

Or was he jelous, having emotions which blinded him to his own selfishness.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The son of perdition,
Garry Denke

Are you asking us here a question on who Sata,Lucifer or the Devil is?
Or did you answer that with a quote by Garry Denke?

Well,
Lucifer ,Satan and the Devil are all and the same fallen Angel.

Lucifer was the name given prior to the fall......the name 'Lucifer'...''light-bearing' being that he was an Angel of good before he wanted to exalt himself....his choice, his free will granted to him as all Angels were granted.
God created all things good.
quote/''And a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch... and a third of the stars was struck, so that a third of their light was darkened’' (Rev.8:10, 12).

The Devil.....being after the fall from Heaven, and meaning........
Quote/Greek diabolos — divider, separator, slanderer......

Satan......
Given to what ADVISOR has said....quote/
Shaitan...Well,yes, this is the word for Satan in the Islamic world......

the Word Satan in Hebrew ......which appears in the Old Testament.....
........ "Satan" is from a Hebrew word meaning "to oppose" or "adversary."
Also goes by the word,The Dragon,Serpant and also meaning antagonist...

"There occurred a war in the heavens.
Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought against
them. However they did not prevail, and there was no room for them in heaven. The great
Page 5
dragon was cast down, that ancient snake, known as devil and Satan ... and his angels were also
cast down with him" (Revelation 12:7-9).
"He who sins is from the devil, because the devil himself
sinned first ... Anyone who commits sin is a slave of sin" (1 John 3:8; John 8:34).

So in commiting a sin(to miss the mark)we therefore become A 'SLAVE' to sin ....which can at all times be forgiven if we only accept this to be a sin......a mistake .....
It all comes down to our choice and choices we make.....
Sometimes this is hard to see because we allow 'sin' to take hold of us and therefore not see it as being harmful to both body and soul.
hmmmm,
so back to the post......
ADVISOR/

Or was he jelous, having emotions which blinded him to his own selfishness.

Hi AD/
Yes, he was jealous of God ....God created Man after the fallen Angels to make up for the fallen Angels......
It is also said that When Heaven has that same number of fallen Angels filled by mankind, the End of the World will come.
So, Heaven must be not full as yet!
Man creates his own destination.......knowing and Unknowingly!

And Yes, 'blinded by his own selfishness' because Satan thought that he could win all end all..
Although this is not what is revealed in Revelation.......the End of the Book that finally reveals all.

helen

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Who is Lucifer? Son of the Morning Star

Who is the Devil? My ExWife

Who is Satan? Her Mother

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The son of perdition,
Garry Denke

are you declaring yourself as satan?

Who is Satan? Her Mother

LMFAO!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
For the record, Lucifer is one of the most commonly misused titles for Satan. The name Lucifer only comes up in Isaiah 14:12, and, is not talking about the fallen angel, but a fallen Babylonian king who had been possessed by Satan and persued Israel's children back in the day. Isaiah 14:4 sets this up, saying (in part),

that you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon, and say,

Everything after that is a quote, through verse 21. This is a name taken by a Babylonian king, not directed towards Satan, though Satan was at work in this Babylonian king.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

Who is Satan? Her Mother

I'm sorry.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

Who is Satan? Her Mother

That was funny, Stalkingwolf...

"I am the root and offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." (Revelation 22:16)
In Isaiah 14:12, St. Jerome, translated the Hebrew "morning star" into the Latin term "Lucifer" (light bearer), a name commonly ascribed to Satan by Christians.The mourning star actually appears as the planet Venus, the brightest "star" in the sky Venus always appears low on the horizon, thus it looked like a fallen star (fallen angel) to the believers.
Although the Isaiah verse describes the fallen king of Babylon, Christians have, for centuries, ascribed Satan as taking many forms.
Lucifer is the Latin translation of the Hebrew name Helel Ben Shacar, Shining star, son of the dawn.

The name Satan
Satan is a Hebrew word meaning "adversary," as "one to lie in wait"; hence, "the snares of the devil." In the New Testament, Satan is referred to under the name "Devil" (Greek: diabolos), meaning "accuser, slanderer." Satan plays various roles in the Hebrew Bible, the Apocrypha and the New Testament. In the Hebrew Bible Satan is presented as an angel (messenger) sent by God to test mankind; in the Apocrypha and New Testament Satan is portrayed as an evil rebellious demon who is the enemy of God and mankind.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Greetings Cassie,

A Great Pun!

--

There I was, a-digging this hole
A hole in the ground, so big and sort of round it was
There was I, digging it deep
It was flat at at the bottom and the sides were steep
When along, comes this bloke in a bowler which he lifted and scratched his head
Well we looked down the hole, poor demented soul and he said

Do you mind if I make a suggestion?

Don't dig there, dig it elsewhere
Your digging it round and it ought to be square
The shape of it's wrong, it's much much too long
And you can't put hole where a hole don't belong

I ask, what a liberty eh
Nearly bashed him right in the bowler

Well there was I, stood in me hole
Shovelling earth for all I was worth
There was him, standing up there
So grand and official with his nose in the air
So I gave him a look sort of sideways and I leaned on my shovel and sighed

Well I lit me a fag and having took a drag I replied

I just couldn't bear, to dig it elsewhere
I'm digging it round cos I don't want it square
And if you disagree it don't bother me
That's the place where the holes gonna be

Well there we were, discussing this hole
A hole in the ground so big and sort of round
Well it's not there now, the ground's all flat
And beneath it is the bloke in the bowler hat

And that's that.

Hole In The Ground

--

NOW comes Lucifer, the Devil, and Satan in the eighth month, on the twenty and five-fold day of the month, in the seventh year of Bush fired but not burning, saying: behold, my favourite Ghost-writer of all time; the historical Jesus of Nazareth, author of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts and Hebrews, and finisher of Revelation. Proof that my favourite Ghost-author of all time is indeed the writer: historical Jesus of Nazareth "author and finisher" of the faith: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Hebrews and Revelation; rests in the following eight (8) facts:

1. Matthew was a functionally illiterate tax collector;
2. Mark was a functionally illiterate missionary;
3. Luke was a functionally illiterate slave physician;
4. John was a functionally illiterate fisherman;
5. Jesus' warning against altering physics marks;
6. Jesus' Hebrews "author and finisher" 12:2;
7. Jesus' authored personal thoughts therein;
8. Revelation geo/paleo/particle physics text.

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were good-hearted Rocky Balboa types (the Old first Rocky). Not much of a difference between them really. The early first century Roman system for collecting taxes lent itself to excess, exploitation, and corruption. Consider the structure in 25 CE. The Italian government 'bid out' the right to collect taxes in a region of the empire. Rome's government would say, We need 'x' amount of revenue from this region of the empire. Wealthy people (mob bosses) would bid on the right to collect (shake down) taxes in that region. Anything they collected above the Italian government's demand was their profit (the take). The Roman regional collectors often would hire managers (gangsters) in specific districts of the region (such as Zacchaeus) for the shake down. The man would have a specific sum he must collect in the district. Anything he collected above that sum was kept (his take). These managers would hire local Italian gangs in their district to do the actual collecting (like Matthew's gang). It was their job to actually collect (shake down) amounts assigned by their managers (gangsters). If they collected more than the managers requested, the amount they collected above what was required was kept (their take). It does not require a genius to imagine how Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, functionally illiterate Rocky Balboas, worked. Roman Catholic Church is rooted from this origin of the Italian (Roman) mob, their bosses, good-hearted thugs like Matthew, the functionally illiterate tax collector, and good-natured associates, like Mark the missionary, Luke the slave physician and John the fisherman. These four were all debt collectors actually, not one of them a capable author. Hence, the Ghost-writer. First century geo/paleo/particle physics' classes were much the same as today, the historical Jesus of Nazareth rambling about 3 day universal magnetic field reversals, to discharging particled ears. Entertaining and amusing is teaching, education is actually very much fun. Last geo/paleo/particle physics' field trip class? Crucifixion cross (-+|+-) charges .999... e diminishing .000...1 e light first day. Resurrection (+-|-+) charges .000...1 e increasing .999... e light third day. No nothings in this universe Cassie, not in the real .0123456789... one, as you know. Speaking of the Old first Rocky, it's lion head, calf head, man face, flying eagle wings Rock sudden-death overtime. All 144,000 planets having life's fresh water (ice) melting, cosmic rays pounding all of the smaller planet dwellers. Did the glorious queen of Revelation answer her mail? She did reply, "I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow". I, Lucifer, the Devil, and Satan in the ninth month, on the five-fold day of the month, in the seventh year of Bush fired but not burning, have a remedy for that.

And that's that.

Main Entry: il·lit·er·ate
Pronunciation: (")i(l)-'li-t(&-)r&t
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin illiteratus, from in- + litteratus literate
1 : having little or no education; especially : unable to read or write
2 a : showing or marked by a lack of familiarity with language and literature b : violating approved patterns of speaking or writing
3 : showing or marked by a lack of acquaintance with the fundamentals of a particular field of knowledge
synonym see IGNORANT
- illiterate noun
- il·lit·er·ate·ly adverb
- il·lit·er·ate·ness noun

Main Entry: functional illiterate
Function: noun
: a person who has had some schooling but does not meet a minimum standard of literacy
- functional illiteracy noun
- functionally illiterate adjective

And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a Bush. So he looked, and behold, the Bush was burning with fire, but the Bush was not consumed. Then Moses said, "I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the Bush does not burn." So when the LORD saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the Bush and said, "Moses, Moses!" And he said, "Here I am."

groups.msn.com...
groups.yahoo.com...

Cassie Rules!

Strange Cork

new topics

top topics

join