It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Top Secret failing to capture my attention.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I don't want to sound discouraging but Above Top Secret doesn't get any interesting topics like it used to. Couple of months before that board was great. Now it is kind of on the low side?
But still it is one of the few boards that have variety of topics.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I've been posting more on Below Top Secret honestly.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Your Topic Title and the fact the Topic exists seems to indicate that ATS has your attention. Well, here you are!

Attention is one thing. Inspiration and satisfaction are different.

Try and post a more inspiring Topic, and I'll join you there!

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Not interesting one like it used to be. There are some interesting ones here and there. Before I felt like I can never get enough of this, now it is like I'm falling asleep again.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
"Things" move like the tides.....
ATS is like the "birds and the bees".....sometimes it is good...sometimes it is not....
One must take the 'good' with the 'bad'....
If things "appear" to you as one way.....then either they are or are not......
If one wishes things to be "more interesting".....then one needs to "take charge", lead by example, change the circumstances.....

There is an old saying:
"Actions speak louder than words".....

If you seek a change....create one, act, do....
Observing and reporting it merely shows that you are still merely observing/noting/noticing.......

Man dreamed of reaching the stars...for him to make that dream come true, he had to do "something" towards reaching those stars........

Peace.

regards
seekerof

*edit* hows that?

[Edited on 1-11-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

ATS is like sex.....

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hehehehe.....I was in a philosophical mood.....
Sorry for the word usage of it...I will edit it....

*edit* where's that dern spellcheck when you need it?! hehehe

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 1-11-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
and those like myself who try are given two warnings by some prick named william getting his jollies off...
has thee success vs. real factor finally caught up with ats...
stay hungry or get eaten by the beast...

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Cool down there Seekerof. If I get free time I post messages. I happened to have lot of work. I spent this evening reading a lot of post and replying some. ATS needs some improvement. I noticed few of people I knew are posting any more. ATS may be falling out of flavor.
Don't get me wrong, I love ATS. This is one of the few places where I get to speak freely.
Ancient Civilizations board used to be my favorite, now I don't even look. But Aliens has got my attention.
Interesting analogies and quotes. I will try to take control more often.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Cycles.

I've been online for quite some time, and much of it, I've been involved with collaborative virtual communities like this one. From conspiracy and art forums on Compuserve, though list-serve e-mail discussion lists, to web based discussion boards.

Over and over again, we see a common cycle where a new member discovers a community and at first is overjoyed and enamored with the new-found kindred spirits collaborating online. At first, it seems as though a wealth of information is a click away. The new members participate, and help continue to build the community.

But after time, some members become familiar with the community, and mistake this familiarity with sameness, or dullness. Indeed, it seems that many of the posts that first attracted you, often get repeated by new users who have arrived some months after your arrival.

More often than not, many members end up fading away as they burn-out or find nothing new that interests them. But a precious few members keep coming back, continually inspired by the passion that first began their involvement. These long-term members don't see repeated topics by new-comers as an irritant, but instead, potential new or alternate thinking on an old topic. All communities need new blood, and the blood of virtual communities such as this are ideas and opinions.

So... are you one who flashes and fades? Or someone who remains because the long hunt is more important than the quick snare?

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
get real, you work for money and people post for expression there is no connection between the two so please dont try to act as such...

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by William

So... are you one who flashes and fades? Or someone who remains because the long hunt is more important than the quick snare?

You are kind of right; at first I was quite overjoyed. But I still having fun in ATS, in fact I'm having lot of fun. I am definitely one of kind that waits for the long hunt. I am have been coming here for quite a while about five, six months and I will be coming here for a long time. My hobbies usually reach their peak in two months. Considering that ATS is a pretty cool site in my standards.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
surfup...just wondering have you participated in the two recent surveys that were available? A chance to express what you feel is lacking or suggestions to improve the board.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
No tracer. I haven't read any post for quite some time. I saw the second survey results, it tells me that ATS is improving. I think at a normal speed. I believe it can do much better.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
and those like myself who try are given two warnings by some prick named william getting his jollies off...
has thee success vs. real factor finally caught up with ats...
stay hungry or get eaten by the beast...

You contributed nothing. You just ramble. What kind of person are you? Where are you going to go after you get banned here? That is what you are trying to accomplish right...?

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Maybe your just a little bored..
I m a member of several board and kind of wander between them
did ya read my
The Answer ! The Ark-Pyramids- post
if you can get your mind around that one its a profound revelation to be shure.....
Glad your here
later

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Well,
I'd like to comment that, sometimes, a member of a board like this can still have the passion for the topics... and always read posts by new members... yet still want to leave due to (what I'll call, to be polite) 'irregular membership rule enforcement by site authorities'.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
'irregular membership rule enforcement by site authorities'.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I usually..I repeat *usually* stay out of DRAMA's here(incase ya'll hadn't noticed) as there is plenty enough of that in my REAL, physical life..

One day the majority is pleased about our fine board here and the next there are complaints about dumb ass crap only the one posting really has any control over whatsoever..Noone can please this many people, heck it's difficult enough to please *one* If you don't like it here, do something, post something phenomenal, go somewhere else, get off your butt and go make a fricken conspiracy then come back and tell us about it.

After 30 years I've learned that complaining is a horrible trait to have because in reality, it's the complainer who has the power to change things and make things less complainful(word?) This is OUR board, we make it what it is..not William, not Simon they only enhance things to draw attention to new members and keep us from feeling bored of the same ole same..

For crying out loud! IT is only a forum for discussions..why complain???? *I'll never understand..never* :shk:

[Edited on 11/1/03 by magestica]

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   
William,

I am not trying, as I've said in RATS, to attack any individual mod... and I do understand that rules must be enforced...

..and I'm also not saying that I'm an angel...

What I am saying (or have tried to say in the less public forums) is that 'slander' isn't just an abstract term... One party can sue another for slander...

So, when one party gets to commit this act with impunity... I am forced to wonder about a great many things, here...

EDIT: As I don't want to further stir things up, here, I'm not bringing up the incident I'm talking about, here. Still, for those in the know, my point is made.

[Edited on 1-11-2003 by onlyinmydreams]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join