It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Presidential Candidate for 2012/2016+ Elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ok, I figure this is the best place for this.

I've been thinking, now seeing how everyone here on ATS thinks the
government needs to change in some way, perhaps we should try and
have a presidential candidate for the 2012 and beyond presidential
elections and/or also perhaps senate and house positions.

I think this would be a good idea for several reasons.

-It would allow our voices and opinions to have some actual political
sway.
-It would prove some political conspiracies (be they wrong or right).
-It would make America a better place with intelligent people in
positions of power who are'nt out to get rich and consolidate there
own personal power lusts.

I realise that doing this would be difficult, but hey you don't get
anywhere without trying.

So what does everyone think about this?

[edit on 8/20/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
good idea..but it would never fly.

There are approximately 62 thousand member son this site if I am not mistaken only a percentage of those believe theres something wrong with the govt. Even if the percentage is the majority here its still only at most 50 thousand... thats a long cry from the 26 million we would need for our candidate would need to make a run at the WH. Not to mention while we (those who want govt. change) are the majority here at ATS we may be the minority by far in the day to day world.

More realistic a venture would be to have a formal ATS Lobbying group.. maybe get some of these conspiracies a "second" investigation. And to lobby for Honest govt. and integrity issues. After all we are a kind of unoffical, unsponsored watchdog group already.

Not to knock down your point, just tellin you what I think about it.

thank you for your time.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
ATS not only does not get politically involved but it does not allow activist recruiting.
To form an ATS-based political movement would be like starting the K-mart shoppers PAC. Not only would it not work, but it would be inappropriate.

We are not a real world group with any kind of political solidarity. We are a diverse online community. We are also in the Three Amigo's place of business, as I often remind people. It isn't in the best interests of ATS to be a political force, and it is not in the best interest of the membership for ATS to attempt to be a political force.

ATS promotes the denial of ignorance, and so I believe that ATS would encourage members to question the world and take the actions their conscience dictates based on the conclusions they reach, but to do it on their own initiative and not through ATS.

More power to you if you want to start something, but ATS just isn't the right venue in terms of its purpose, it's composition, and its abilities.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Of course you both are right.
But in the future, you never know.

Anyways, I suppose this thread is of no use anymore.

And as such so as to save bandwidth, I request it be closed.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Politics Without Activism

Well, there's this:

Originally posted by SimonGray
1e.) Recruitment Content: You will not post advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations of any kind. You will not collect personal information about forum members for the purpose of sending advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations through other means (email, messaging programs, etc.).

I bolded the words "solicitations of any kind" because that's the most common and applicable clause in cases of political activism such as petitions and so forth, and that's the way things currently stand.

However, I'm exploring ways we can allow and even encourage certain kinds of activism on ATS -- though I still want to make sure we're careful to avoid having outside entities gather personal information from our members.

Both ATS and PTS are neutral on the issues, but I think there has been a pent-up demand for the ability of members (and heck, even politicians) to advocate and campaign for various causes in our community.

We may not end up doing it, but I thought I would mention that I'm interested in the possibility of doing it.

Also, as long as we're not taking names or anything, I don't see any problems with members advocating their own recommendations for political candidates on PTS, as long as it's an opinion and not a solicitation of the membership.

I hope that makes sense. There are lots of nuances surrounding this issue, but I'm hoping to untangle a few.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
After 2012 I will be the supreme ruler of the land, and all will bow before me. I will rise to power and never again will there be an election!

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
After 2012 I will be the supreme ruler of the land, and all will bow before me. I will rise to power and never again will there be an election!

I really cannot wait, however, there are some ramifications to your proposal that I have some questions about. What does this mean for Canada of which is a country more near and dear to America's heart than even Israel? Can we see more inititives on the environmental front? What on earth do we really do with a newfangled and hungry China if indeed their progress fails to plateau by then? Will America's debt finally put a wrench to the economy and on a global level in the next decade? Can we see the Olympics returned to the Americas anytime soon?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by risitar

I really cannot wait, however, there are some ramifications to your proposal that I have some questions about. What does this mean for Canada of which is a country more near and dear to America's heart than even Israel? Can we see more inititives on the environmental front? What on earth do we really do with a newfangled and hungry China if indeed their progress fails to plateau by then? Will America's debt finally put a wrench to the economy and on a global level in the next decade? Can we see the Olympics returned to the Americas anytime soon?

Canada will be deamed an International Nature Preserve. Sorry.

Israel will be done with, along with all organized religion and I will only allow spiritualism.

China can deal with it's self why would I care about China?

America will go back to the Gold Standard.

The Olympics will only be held in Luxumburgh. Only because I can never remember them hosting. Same with Ireland, they can have the Summer Olympics.

I will be very friendly to the enviroment, hench Canada becoming the International Nature Preserve.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Canada will be deamed an International Nature Preserve. Sorry.

At least that's better than what the Conservative Party now currently in power has planned. _

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It would be good if someone here who is serious about politics went into government. Not a conspiracy oriented person per-say, but someone who is sympathetic to our cause. There should be some hand gesture, or phrase that a person can say to show that they are one of us. This signal should be something common so if the person gets called on it, he can disavow his intentions.

top topics

join