It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

yah or nay on "Tuesday" August 22nd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
realistically speaking, Will you be glad if nothing happens on august 22nd or will you be dissapointed.

for all we know armaggedon might happen that day or it could be a day like yesterday. Personally I will be glad if nothing happens cause at least I know that day will not tainted with the death of innocent lives.

Now there is one thing that really gets me thinking. Tuesdays are days when things happens. Sept 11 was on a tuesday, Black tuesday 1929, Columbine massacre also happened on a tuesday. if there are any others that you might know please feel free to post them too.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It's not going to happen. Simply put, I doubt a WWIII would effect all of humanity. There will always be one shred of humanity left to repopulate on this planet, even if it's in the most remote and desolate parts of the world. Look at the Amazon, or parts of Africa that have remained hidden from man until now, and you will see the tribes there have no history of ever coming into contact with anyone alien from the West or East.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
WW3 isnt going to start, but i wouldnt be suprised if something significant involving Iran or some other main enemy of the West in regards to the nuclear situation happens.

Simply put, Iran doesnt have the arsenal yet even if they have mastered and produced some sort of nuclear warhead; and they've yet to test anything either. So the idea that in a couple of days, Iran will pop out of the woodwork with a bunch of nukes mounted on intercontinental ballistic missles capable of reaching the Western Hemisphere or Northern Europe is simply put irrational and ridiculous.

They might have the technology, but its still somewhat new, i reiterate they havent had any nuke tests. The U.S. has recon on their ass like a mother, satellites & spy planes, unmanned drones, you betcha. We'd know if they tested.

Personally, I think the most likely event that would happen on the 22nd would be an Iranian nuclear test, or an open statement to the world that they have finished work on a nuclear weapon that they intend to test and make more of. The least likely yet possible enough to post would be if they launched a simultanious offensive with Hizbollah, Iran hitting eastern Iraq where all of our troop placements and bases are, while Hizbollah launches some longer range missle like a Zelzal from NORTH of the Litani River @ Israel over the latest Israeli commando raid or another escalation in the near future, and restarts open hostilities.

This is the war scenario, but i think if anything itll be a statement or nuke test.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
for myself, i'm trying to understand how "lights over Jerusalem" got interpeted as a nuclear explosion, or devise, or even a nuclear test of a WMD
in N Korea, of an Irani produced device...talk about nebulous speculations

my best guess is that some mystical, spiritual event will be deemed the fufillment-
and then the masses of followers will accept the explaination as a proof.

the 'lights' may be something other than an air-burst nuclear explosion.
'lights' could mean a special pilgrimage to Jerusalem
'lights' could mean a peace overture by Hamas
...lights over jerusalem, on 'Thors' Day (tuesday) could mean an exceptional
lightning storm causing something significant to happen....
which could then be interpeted as a Divine Sign...
....by whomever wants to play that game....?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
There will happen at least 1 thing :

Iran wil give his answer on the UN resolution

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
but i have yet still to hear if you will be glad or dissapointed if it happens or not

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
WW3 isnt going to start, but i wouldnt be suprised if something significant involving Iran or some other main enemy of the West in regards to the nuclear situation happens.

Simply put, Iran doesnt have the arsenal yet even if they have mastered and produced some sort of nuclear warhead; and they've yet to test anything either. So the idea that in a couple of days, Iran will pop out of the woodwork with a bunch of nukes mounted on intercontinental ballistic missles capable of reaching the Western Hemisphere or Northern Europe is simply put irrational and ridiculous.

They might have the technology, but its still somewhat new, i reiterate they havent had any nuke tests. The U.S. has recon on their ass like a mother, satellites & spy planes, unmanned drones, you betcha. We'd know if they tested.

Personally, I think the most likely event that would happen on the 22nd would be an Iranian nuclear test, or an open statement to the world that they have finished work on a nuclear weapon that they intend to test and make more of. The least likely yet possible enough to post would be if they launched a simultanious offensive with Hizbollah, Iran hitting eastern Iraq where all of our troop placements and bases are, while Hizbollah launches some longer range missle like a Zelzal from NORTH of the Litani River @ Israel over the latest Israeli commando raid or another escalation in the near future, and restarts open hostilities.

This is the war scenario, but i think if anything itll be a statement or nuke test.

Would you say that any country capable of nuclear weapons becomes basicly untouchable to the worlds super powers mainly America for example. I find it weird that once a country becomes nuclear they become untouchable within World Politics. Sanctions against countries like Iran or Korea? How do we even begin to police the nuclear countries other than allowing them to continue building up their arsonals? Our world is changing Nuclear weapons not only belong to the worlds superpowers anymore. Back in the cold war we came close enough to a nuclear war to create world wide concern. Question is how will the next cold war play out? Will their even be another cold war or will it just esculate? I really have no clue how we wont have at least one nuclear device being detonated somewhere in a populated area withing the next several years. Too many countries and too many regeims have access to them now.

Its almost as if the new world wide requirment for countries to become untouchable within world affairs is to become nuclear. Are Irans and Koreas threats empty or would they back them up if they were cornered?

Dates mean alot but only if they walk hand in hand with current affairs.

One date I fear is October 13, 2006 it is going to be a friday the 13th. Friday the 13th has also been involved with religous crusades.

[edit on 19-8-2006 by Sonata]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Sonata-

I don't think that a country which posesses nuclear weapons is automatically void from having sanctions against it. China has had nuclear weapons for decades now, and has had sanctions/economic limitations placed on it during that time, although they have mostly been relaxed or eliminated. As far as I know there are still sanctions against North Korea, at the very least there are US-imposed sanctions against them.

Of course, having nuclear weapons certainly helps when it comes to global affairs. But aquiring nuclear weapons... that's an entirely different story. A country's best bet is to go about the pursuit of nuclear weapons covertly, much like India and Pakistan were able to do.

I think that its obvious that President Bush, as well as other world leaders, are trying to elminate the equation which you proposed- that having nuclear weapons makes one immune to sanctions, invasions, etc. If we give in to nations like North Korea and Iran, then we only encourage other nations to pursue WMD. Of course this all ties in, in my opinion, with Saddam Huessein's refusal to honor UN resolutions and sanctions against Iraq, and the subsequent invasion.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
To answer your question

Honestly, deep down inside I want something to happen. I have been waiting for a long time for something to happen. I feel incapable of personally making something happen and I don't like the way "things" are, so YES, I would like something to happen to wake us all the **** up so that we will get out of our delusional inebreation and make things better.

It seems like things haven't been changing for the better on the whole so maybe if something outside our control would happen we would be motivated by the ultimate: Survival. Sometimes I have thought or felt that the biggest reason for being is to rebuild after we have been "smashed to bits"

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
On the other hand, I'm having a pretty good year, maybe we could wait awhile!

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'll say "nay" since if I'm wrong, no one will be left around to criticize me for being wrong.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I'll say with everything being drummed up as it is, something is bound to happen.
It might be something insignificant in terms of strategic importance, but with all of the hoopla, it will be played up.
There's just too much coming from to many areas for something not to happen.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
" find it weird that once a country becomes nuclear they become untouchable within World Politics. "

------------------------------------------------

actually, I see something a little different happening....
we can't have a war with china, our economies are too intertwined...

can't have a war with the saudis, Iranians, and other arab states, we need their oil...and they need our money...the more our economies become interdependant with each other, the more there is a need for creative ways to have war...thus the new armies of the world...the "terrorists"...many different groups, untrackable to any country, supported by many countries, and interlaced throughout all the countries...just waiting for orders from their sponsering countries..

if Iran comes up with a nuke themselves, they won't use it, they'll let one of their unofficial armies use it instead....or maybe the US will prop up one of thier unofficial armies first...
Iran using a nuke for anything but show would be devestating to them...and would put the world economy into an uncontrollable tailspin. it ain't gonna happen..

or maybe that president they have is really crazy, and then all bets are off, you can't predict the actions of a crazy lunatic.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Of course, having nuclear weapons certainly helps when it comes to global affairs.

Thats exactly the thought that gives countries like North Korea the ambition to acquire these, this mindset is really, really dangerous. If none of these weapons ever existed, they would've had no choice but to rule without them. Now these weapons exist, they serve the role as an addiction for every power-hungry nation or someone who loves attention.

Using a nightmarish device as a way to further your agenda will eventually mean destruction for everybody sharing these things. Do never ever play with such fires.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
wwIII?No.but i feel sumthing signifigant will occur.Maybe an omen,sign real or imagined.astrological event,ect.but unless my old numerology values are wrong..8(august)+22(day=4)+2006(year=8)=20=2 broken down.2 being a very negative#

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think it would be wisest to look towards North Korea on August 22, than focus on Iran. I suspect the Norks will test a nuclear weapon and announce it was a joint project with Iran. That will be Iran's "answer" to the UN security council resolution, and then they might start making some demands of their own.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
whether something happens or not, i dont know. obviously.

but..as far as gut instict goes..i think something will happen. am i going to jump to conclusions and say its going to be an all out nuclear war? no..do i think it may be some kind of smaller scale attack? possibly..thats what i get the feeling will happen.

as for the other question..i want it to happen. somebody needs to take these assholes out. something needs to happen. i want something to happen on tuesday and i hope it does.

top topics

join