It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bombs on german trains?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
i saw this story on the bbc - news.bbc.co.uk...
but dont remember seeing a story about it here. i did a quick search but found nothing either.

does anyone remember this story about bombs on 2 german trains being reported here? if it was, is there a link you could provide. thanks

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
here is a link.

And here

The devices consisted of gas canisters, alarm clocks, wires, batteries and a flammable liquid in soft drink bottles.

A handwritten note in Arabic, listing groceries, a telephone number in Lebanon and packets of starch labelled in Arabic and English, were also found.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
thanks for them makeitso, but i was actually wondering if it had been picked up on ats when it happened.

the german train bombs predate the uk plane scare and mention similar methods, yet i dont recall seeing it mentioned at all on ats and especially in conjunction with threads on the uk plane scare

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Just to update this,

Police have arrested a young man in connection
with putting the bombs on the train

The devices in abandoned suitcases on two trains failed to go off. Police said the bombers had intended to kill large numbers of people.

The student had studied in the Baltic Sea port city of Kiel, where he was arrested in the early morning.

Chief prosecutor Monika Harms said he had been in Germany since 2004. Reports say police searched his home in the city on Saturday afternoon.

He is believed to be "one of the two suspects that have been sought since yesterday with the help of video footage that was made public," the public prosecutors' office said.

link

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't remember seeing anything about this until this morning either. I imagine the German police kept it quiet while they investigated since the bombs malfunctioned.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
When did all of this go down?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
it happened on 31st july, which as i said, predates the uk planes event.

i do find it hard to believe that they would keep it quiet for all that time. they even had footage of the ones that planted the suitcases yet didnt release it till weeks afterwards.

very strange

top topics

join