It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baffled by a plague of flies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

fohn.net..." border=0>

A plague of flies descends to make village life hell

ENVIRONMENTAL health officers are baffled by a plague of flies which is making life a misery for the residents of two Wiltshire villages.
Swarms of house flies began invading homes in the picturesque villages of Collingbourne Ducis and Collingbourne Kingston on the edge of Salisbury Plain at the end of last month.

Residents claim that they have to sweep up piles of dead flies every morning. Local shops have sold out of fly spray and fly paper. The villages also suffered invasions of house flies in 2001 and 2003, but this summer is said to be the worst.

More...

Very bizarre!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This is just horribly great.

Plage critters happen. Overinfestations happen.
In southern Louisiana, we're getting that problem in fleas, but not nearly on that level.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Now, I know that people seem to overlook the fact that a plague or infestation of animals/bugs is quoted in the bible. Religious or not, you cannot overlook the facts that are going on right now in the world. Israel (The Hold Land) at war with Lebanon. And we all know that the bible states that when the holy land is defeated, The Apocalypse is close at hand. We also have these heat waves, the war in Iraq, the "war" between North and South Korea, this plague of flies, starvation in third world countries, all the bomb scares, wild fires all over the states. It is a bit scary seeing all this happening. Seems that 9-11 set off a chain of terrible disasters. Not to mention all the hurricanes that have and will be hitting the gulf coast with some terrible consequences. Now I know that the bible states that the end will be a "fire" filled end. So, i guess I'm just waiting for some bombs to drop. Not to mention that all this global warming is also leaving breeding grounds for all these flies to produce. We'll just have to see what the future holds eh?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Tell you what on that note, the amount of fly's this year in the UK has been awful, and I have seen swarms... like 1 sec there's nothing next there are 100's all buzzing, My neighbour opened her window and over 100 swarmed in to her kitchen, and her kitchen is spotless and bleached daily.

I have seem more in my house than normal, and I swear that fly killer is not working,

I had to resort to sticky fly paper,

I'm wondering if its to to with the ultra warm weather we have had in the UK this year? As its cooled down now I have not seen any,

new topics

top topics

join