It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor has predited that 'we'll see aliens in the next 10 years'.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Personally I dont think it will take that long, though I have been saying that for 20 years now!

from www.icwales.co.uk
'We will discover we are not alone, so what will all this bickering on our planet mean?' he said. 'It will make us less bigoted as nations. Unity has to happen through external contact.'

Very interesting point that, wonder if thats why we are not allowed to know the truth? Considering wars are big business for govs worldwide maybe we having the truth withheld for this reason. Think Ive had too many beers now.

Bye.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think Stan friedman has brought up this point quite often. Nationalism is the biggest and only game in town right now.

For future reference, you should refrain from posting after consumption of any mind altering substance.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'm still surprised we haven't seen more camera phone UFOs....
You'd think that with more and more people having a ready camera, we'd have a better shot at this....

Maybe as these get more clear perhaps.....

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Too bad once we've do reach contact all idea on depicting ourselves as anything except inferior and mentally challenged will become a reality...

Hmmm mmm oh happy days...

Toc

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timeseer
Too bad once we've do reach contact all idea on depicting ourselves as anything except inferior and mentally challenged will become a reality...

Hmmm mmm oh happy days...

You should rather think of all the possibilties awakening for the human race...
Fixing our planet.
Fixing our society.
Fixing our spiritual mis-alignement.
Solid new space exploration programs.
Exploring DNA refinement
More time to learn art and music and such
Less time to work.
I see what's coming as Very VERY exciting and challenging for us ...

[edit on 16-8-2006 by Toc]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
[removed unnecessary quote of Entire preceeding post]

I am already doing all of that... sheesh... Get off my back why don't you?

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/17/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm still surprised we haven't seen more camera phone UFOs....
You'd think that with more and more people having a ready camera, we'd have a better shot at this....

Maybe as these get more clear perhaps.....

Well several months ago I picked a phone by the best camera I could afford.

I did this for the explicit purpose of capturing any UFO or animal oddity that I may come by.

After a couple of weeks of practice it became clear to me that these types of camera's are no good at capturing things in motion - even at near point blank range - and only produce reasonably clear pictures when both the camera and target remain near motionless.

I am sure that there are some phones out there which have considerably greater clarity, but I think we are really about ten years from seeing a significant increase in digitally captured evidence.

Also, one must consider the psychological aspects of seeing unexpected phenommena - as it often causes a fight or flight reaction which does not lend itself to good photographic proceedure in general.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Not too mention occurences at night, significant stress, etc.

What we need to do is demand better camera phones form the industry. We need to form a lobbying group.

PBCPSWCTPOUFOENGLA

People for Better Camera Phones So That We Can Take Pictures of U F Os in order to Effect Not Getting Laughed At.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Somehow I wouldn't be surprised to see an acronym like that on a billboard.

But yeah, we do need better cameras in phones.

ALTHOUGH, one solution to the motion problem is that of simply taking a video. Some camera phones can record videos, so why don't we just record videos if we see strange phenomena?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Forget about aliens (or god, or ipods) saving humanity. We are the resident custodians here, maybe we should start acting that way. And by 'we', I mean you.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Shar_Chi,

Trust me we aren't putting our faifth in Extraterrestrials or Technology around here.

We are, however, investigating why those in power are NOT working in humanities best interest - and, in fact, seem to be working in direct opposition to the needs of their citizenry.

Many of us here believe that pressuring the Government to have total transparency or "Full Disclosure" on the UFO issue will help us to make informed decisions both in our local communities and in the Federal Voting Booth.

Until then we will be in the dark about many of the true motivations behind these many genocides and world wars.

By now, our society should be more socially advanced than it is - imho there seem to be significant forces within Humanity undermining our progress as a species.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I hear ya on being held back or even dragged down by the PTB, and searching out truth & demanding transparency & disclosure is what most of us are here for i imagine.

That may not be overly realistic however, and my concern is that people often lose sight of what they can achieve individually without such grand events... instead holding out hope that some external force is going to swoop down and fix everything for us. I think it is priority #1 that folks take control of their own situation, sidestepping the PTB as much as possible.

To me that means each & every person should be actively:
* Expanding our knowledge & awareness of our existence and the 'universe',
* Acknowledging universal rights of all living things, not just humanity,
* Being caretakers of planet Earth - rather than consumers of it.

I know that sounds like 1960's backwash, but in light of humankind's predicament, I don't think we have much choice.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Shar_Chi]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Personally I fall into two distict camps of thinking...

one side thinks that all we have seen of UFO's and Aliens (or 99% anyway) is fake, or misidentified natural cause...
because the "Star Visitors" are far too advanced to allow themselves to be seen/sensed, unless they want to be (the 1%)

the other side thinks that well over half of what we see is evidence of the lesser qualities of human nature taking form in a hoax, while the less than half of sightings remaining are true visits from outerspace... and are just extremely rare to actually see...

But either way, I think "they" are out there, and they are just waiting for signs of intelligent/mature life from us... (hope we can show them some in the next decade)

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Jeez does no one understand that we have already seen them.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by codenemisis
Jeez does no one understand that we have already seen them.

I think he means actually 'land on the lawn of the Whitehouse' see them!

top topics

join