It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Religion delay our evolvement?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Have religon during ower histroy slow down the deveopment of technologi and stop new idea to comes forward?.
read this link www.blogging.no...
its in Norwegian, The people are Christian Som parents dont alow the kids tuch a Computer, because its agenst God word,

Do you got any other example to this is ture
and if i can find more example i wil post it

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well, one can look at the dark and middle ages in Europe and say, yes. The collapse of the Roman empire with its sciences and knowldge arrested western technological evolution. And religous politics, superstition, ect certainly helped keep science down. Especially when you consider the ancient Greeks believed the world was round, when the Church burned people for such heresy.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Yeah. so where would the Humens be to day if it wasent for Religion?.
mor advance tech??

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HDD09
Yeah. so where would the Humens be to day if it wasent for Religion?.
mor advance tech??

We would have probably been at this level of technology 300 years ago if not for religion.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Since value is in the eye of the beholder, technology always was superfluous in nature. I mean, what reason is there for more advancement of so called civilized thinking when the natives of the America's couldn't even remotely care less? I personally don't think technology should be the goal, but much rather serving the people should always be the only interest. Sure the Apollo Program almost broke America in all its emotionally draining ways, however, it worked wonders at reassuring the people that the power of the human spirit can indeed beat all odds.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
imagine a world without religioun
where would we be now

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HDD09
Have religon during ower histroy slow down the deveopment of technologi and stop new idea to comes forward?.
read this link www.blogging.no...
its in Norwegian, The people are Christian Som parents dont alow the kids tuch a Computer, because its agenst God word,

Do you got any other example to this is ture
and if i can find more example i wil post it

It's foolish to think that religon has hindered our evolvement because biological evolution occurs only through the stress of the environment, as far as I know. Although, I do believe it definitely has, in the past, put a halt to human progression( which is what you meant HDD09?) when it comes to science, technology and general understanding of the universe.

top topics

join