It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24,000 UK Military passes go missing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
This is from the UK Guardian newspaper

www.guardian.co.uk...

Is this just the usual incompetence at work? Like the illegal immigrants with the cleaning contract for the immigration department in the UK Home Office (I'm not making this up!)

But when we are facing (and I quote) 'the greatest threat since WW2' these stories are more than a little concerning aren't they?

I mean how can they all go missing? That's enough for a small army. Certainly enough to compromise just about every location and department.

British Airways have lost between 10,000 and 20,000 items of baggage since the alert began, not to mention the 12 year old boy who got on an international flight on Monday in the UK without either a ticket or a passport! NASA gone and lost the moon landings footage. There's a lot of 'forgetfulness' going on it seems.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It would be more of a concern if the paper had said that they were ID cards. These could have been flimsy little card type things that would be valid for a time , duration etc that you pin on to a lapel and were not handed back at a guard room or reception. Still a security breach though. Might be, in the light of what is going on the papers want to grab a headline. How many has the paper's staff lost over the same period? Just a thought. I doubt if the paper knows or would tell.

join