It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Observations From a Reporter on the Ground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This reporter was driving along the Lebanese border on the first full day of the cease fire and he reported on what all he saw, and some of the people he talked to. He talks about the pristine villages on the Israeli side, and the destroyed ones on the Lebanese side. He came across men picking through the rubble of a village who were Hezbollah, and who have no intention of dis arming. Also came across a town that was left mostly untouched by the war in which the people want the Lebanese army to control that reign of Lebanon. His conclusion is that it seems most do want to live in peace, and the UN force might be the best chance at that.

www.foxnews.com...

More often, we saw all around the remains of even more ferocious air bombardments. Town after town left as nothing but rubble. Totally flattened. How many bombs, artillery shells, and navy gunboat firings did it take to do this, I thought to myself.

The apparent thinking by the Israelis was that these towns were hotbeds for the Hezbollah. By obliterating them, their strategy seems to go, you obliterate your enemy.

Maybe. Maybe not.

This man put some pretty good words together. It is a pretty good read about one mans sight of what has happened.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

The apparent thinking by the Israelis was that these towns were hotbeds for the Hezbollah. By obliterating them, their strategy seems to go, you obliterate your enemy.

Here is israel's most fatal logic, a logic that has helped continue the neverending cycle of violence.

Obliterating the ant hill just makes the ants madder and attack. they will eventually find a new home anyway.

Israel is striking at flies with sledgehammers, and destroying its own structure in the process.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Skadi,
Thanks for makeing the replay. I do think that report was a pretty good read. I can see the Isreles would be striking at fleas with a sledge hammer, but I dont get the annolgy of destroying there own structer in the process.

new topics

join