It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX journalists kidnapped in Gaza

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
I've occasionally flipped through and stayed on the channel long enough to catch some of their morning programs... utter non-sense.

All morning shows are like that, from Good Morning America on up. Who has time to watch the news when the workday is beginning? Consider the target audience.

Their coverage from 3PM ET thru primetime can't be beat, tho.

So who would you classify as a good news station?

I understand how you could get the impression that they seem more personal etc. I get the same impression... but they are all identical to the same kinds of people who listen to their crap in the first place... it's just one big machine that feeds itself its own lies.

Now you're showing your ignorance. FOX may be biased, but they don't lie.

And I'm anxious to hear who you think is an unbiased, good news station.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Sorry but anyone who works for FOX news is just facing Karma IMHO.

....just as Karma will come around to bite you for taking pleasure in another man's pain.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Hopefully you don't mind me to answer that question. Personally I find CNN International one of the few objective broadcasting companies. CNN shows the suffering of both the innocent Israeli civilians and that of the Lebanese civilians.

This, in contrast to Fox and Sky News, which reserve the right to more or less exclusively show Israeli suffering, condemn Hezbollah's resistance and agree wit Israel's policy.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply, Mdv2. It seems logical that an international program would be less biased and more objective. Unfortunately, I don't get that channel here.

I still want to hear the other guy's opinion, though.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Hopefully you don't mind me to answer that question. Personally I find CNN International one of the few objective broadcasting companies. CNN shows the suffering of both the innocent Israeli civilians and that of the Lebanese civilians.

This, in contrast to Sky News, which reserve the right to more or less exclusively show Israeli suffering, condemn Hezbollah's resistance and agree wit Israel's policy.

Sky News, eh?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Firstly I hope the 2 Fox employees are returned safe and well.
I agree with Mdv2, CNN International is good at giving both sides of the story...I also think The BBC do a good job. I have ventured over too FoxNews channel here in the UK...And to put it bluntly, I thought it was terrible...It even managed to make SkyNews look good.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Now you're showing your ignorance. FOX may be biased, but they don't lie.

FOX is nothing but lies. If you can't understand that then it's quite apparent why you watch the channel in the first place.

What I think is an unbiased, good news station? I don't think one exists. Most intelligent people don't get their news from just one source, either.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by firebat]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

FOX is nothing but lies. If you can't understand that then it's quite apparent why you watch the channel in the first place.

Uh-huh. "If you don't know, then why should I tell you?" A common refrain echoed by third graders the world over.

Name some lies that FOX has told.

What I think is an unbiased, good news station? I don't think one exists. Most intelligent people don't get their news from just one source, either.

Yes, and FOX News is one of those many sources that most people use. But I wanted to know where you get your news from?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Uh-huh. "If you don't know, then why should I tell you?" A common refrain echoed by third graders the world over.

Name some lies that FOX has told.

Lie: Fox has reported in the past that weapons-grade plutonium was found in Iraq.

Lie: Fox reported that the obselete and discarded shells of degraded sarin was the WMD that we've been looking for since 2003-- vindication for the war. Hannity himself repeatedly declared it the smoking gun we'd been looking for. Everyone knows that these weapons were useless and no more harmful than the chemicals underneath your kitchen sink.
Lie: In 2003, Hannity declared that the liberals/anti-war crowd was wrong in predicting thousands of dead civilians. Looks like he was the one who was wrong.
Lie: In 2004, O'Reilly INSISTED, in defense of Bush, that the President did not oppose the 9/11 Commission (a joke of one, at that) when he in fact did, for obvious reasons.
Lie: August 2002, Fox News contributor Fred Barnes said, "We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that [Saddam Hussein] has been pursuing aggressively weapons of mass destruction, including nuclear weapons."
Lie: March 23, 2003, Fox headline banners blared "Huge Chemical Weapons Factory Found in Southern Iraq" -- a claim that never panned out.
Lie: March 4, 2003-- O'Reilly stated definitively that "a load of weapons-grade plutonium has disappeared from Nigeria" and that the theft "should send a signal to all Americans that a nuclear device could be planted here." When he was challenged on his assertion, he insisted, "You cannot refute, and neither can anyone else, that we have plutonium missing in Nigeria, we have two rogue governments, North Korea and Iraq, who are certainly capable of aiding and abetting people who will plant an atomic device, a nuclear device in a city in this country." But it was not plutonium, as he claimed, or anything nearly as lethal as plutonium. It was a compound called Americium 241, wholly unsuitable for the creation of the imaginary "atomic device" O'Reilly referred to. The compound is commonly used for industrial purposes, as opposed to plutonium, which is used primarily for weapons and nuclear reactors. The compound, in fact, was misplaced by Vice President Cheney's old oil firm, Halliburton.

I can list many, many more examples if you want.

My sources include: cato.org and antiwar.org

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Journalists are pretty much banned from Gaza. The only way in there is to be embedded with the IDF and only the select few and favorites get chosen for that. Freelancers can't get in there at all.
Jonathon Cook freelance journalist in Israel
So Gaza is a black hole as far as independant news goes. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that some reporters have been kidnapped in order to show the reporters what is happening there. Hopefully they will be released unharmed. And then hopefully they will report truthfully what is happening there with out the IDF censorship.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

from firebat I can list many, many more examples if you want.

I don't see opinions and predictions qualifying as "lies". If that were the metric, then every other news source in the world could be accused of lying. And if that were true, then your point is moot.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I still want to hear the other guy's opinion, though.

You heard my opinion. It was also made in jest. Bad Joke. But I do feel if you go to the mideast you have to be prepared for what could happen, it is a Hazard of the job. I assure you I am smart enough to not put myself in that position. I would never take a job that paints Israel as Freedom fighters while Hezzbollah are terrorist, as Israel bombs innocent civilians on a daily basis when they were illegally occupying Lebanon to begin with! You don't want to get kidnapped then stay away from the area that your country is basically helping destroy. But yes, my comments were slightly out of line but these are not innocent children. These are adults who knew the risks they were taking. Is there blood worth more than the innocent lebaneese children that die daily? Or is American and Isralie blood the splliage you mourn for? Where is the Thread for the innocent Lebaneese children? Also it seems to me as though most eveyone else on this thread recognizes the bias of FOX news except you. Also News Sources are not supposed to express opinion as fact, thank goodness there are many of us here who are able to differintiate.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by kleverone]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join