It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion-related fraud getting worse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Here is an article on how Religious fraud is getting worse article

I personally think it has always been this way, more people are just starting to wise up to it. The catholic church is the most profitable buisness in the world. More than Microsoft!! And tax exempt I might add. I think I may start my own church!

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I think that, too--that it is more a matter of what is coming to light than what is actually getting worse...

And coming to light is the first step to getting better!

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
I personally think it has always been this way, more people are just starting to wise up to it. The catholic church is the most profitable buisness in the world. More than Microsoft!! And tax exempt I might add. I think I may start my own church!

That article is about single individuals taking advantage of particular groups through fraudulent investment opportunities. It is about investment fraud where the targets are people at the churches.

It has nothing to do with actual church contributions and certainly nothing to do with the Catholic Church.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
SO I guess the point here is target the ignorant. i.e. churches. To me that is a testament to the fact that other people (besides the church) are starting to see how easily the feeble minded can be manipulated into believing anything (as long as you sell it with conviction).

[edit on 14-8-2006 by kleverone]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
ignorant is harsh and is meant only as a genralization from personal experience. I should say naive. I just can't ignore the buisness aspect. Not meant as a personal attack on anyone.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by kleverone]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Kleverone, give them hell, leave your conscious out of this!

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I think 'oblivious' is a good descriptive word for this, um, quality of not seeing what is seen by many others.

We can all be oblivious to certain things at various times; but allowing obliviousness to continue and kid one's mind that what's there, isn't there, well...that becomes dangerous for us all, IMO.

top topics

join