It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Like to See an Automotive Forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

If so post here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2006/8/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
If we're going to see the automotive forum fly, we're going to have to get the word out in a meaningful way.

Some may have noticed that I have fashioned over fifty avatars conveying the message to vote for the forum. This extreme measure is not require by all, but there are things that most can do.

You could put this code in your signature:

Click Here to Vote for the Automotive Forum

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I'm still trying to generate some interest in the automotive forum and I think one way to do that is to get people posting their automotive interests here in this thread. If you've already voted for the forum, you got a U2U from me to this effect.

So, go ahead. Is that hot rod of yours to good to keep quiet? Is that Yugo you bought from your brother-in-law pushing the limits of your good will? Got an automotive question? We've got at least one certified mechanic on board.

Let's give this an honest shot and see what we can do.

[edit on 2006/8/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Here some my Fav's right here

I like the car just because it proves that you don't have gasoline engine to be fun!!!

This is one car that will start the movement to alternative fuel sources why well this
first diesel race ever and win!!!! The race it won is not a easy at that to it the 24 Hours of LeMan!!!

It is just a cool car and the cheapest super car and could race along a Aston Martin
DBR9 and win.

This car is just amazing how can a car that 10 year old and win!!!!! This car is more decorated in awards and trophy's than any other car in the WORLD this is by far the greatest sport car in the world!!!! This is a true legend!!!!!

It just one of the Second best car that America has made by far.

It the little car that could. That the Mini Cooper is this was in the WRC (World Rally Championship) and won against some of the fast cars. One car was a Ford mustang!!

This is a very special car why, it first car to have female race car drive and the first car to be one in by a women. Her name was Michèle Mouton. This car is also scary fast and the first to use AWD in the WRC (World Rally Championship). How it fast it is it beat a 21 minute course in just 9 minute thanks to it Four wheel drive. This brought in Group B rally car they became so fast they have been outlawed ever since.

I will alway love this for the fact is this is the first car I saw going 180-mpr in real life and with that I fell in love with car ever since.

Probable the most unappreciated car in history it had ever thing the look the engine and handling of a F1 car. So why so unappreciated cause it never won cause of bad luck it was fastest that any car out there ever a lot of ways but it just lost by a sec or broke down at the last minute and will never race again. :shk:

Now for the best the Model T for it being the first to popularize cars and never died there and gave birth to some of the thing man has offer!!!!!

:!

[edit on 21-8-2006 by El Che]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Nice post, El Che.

This is not a picture of my car, but I drive one just like it, except for the alloy wheels. When I have more time I'll take a picture of mine and tell you all why I love it so much.

Until then, here's an overview of the engine.

Key 4-Cylinder Engine Technologies

The 2.4-liter Accord engine incorporates a host of advanced technologies, highlighted by the adoption of Honda's latest i-VTEC ("intelligent") valve-control system. Developed from technology initially seen in the world of Formula One racing, Honda's original VTEC (Variable valve Timing and lift Electronic Control) system changed the valve lift, timing and duration to suit the engine's running condition.

With continuous phase adjustment of the intake camshaft, i-VTEC adds VTC (Variable Timing Control) to the mix. This latest enhancement, first used on the Acura RSX and also found on the new Honda CR-V and Civic Si engines, provides further improvements to power and torque figures while optimizing overall operating efficiency and minimizing tailpipe emissions. With its greater output, the i-VTEC engine provides the new Accord with better total performance under all types of driving conditions and terrain.

With all-aluminum construction and a 16-valve DOHC design, the new 2.4-liter Accord develops 160 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and 161 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,500 rpm in both LEV and SULEV forms. The combination of VTEC technology with the new VTC provides the engine with even stronger low- and mid-range punch as well as a robust high end. This "intelligent" variation on the basic theme retains the original VTEC hardware that permits the optimization of valve lift and duration as the engine transitions from low-speed to high-speed operation, while adding the ability to continuously vary phasing of the intake cam based on both rpm and load factors. The net result is optimized idle stability, emissions, torque and power.

To further improve its operating efficiency, the engine has been rotated 180 degrees from the previous Accord four. This change permits the catalytic converter to be mounted closer to the exhaust manifold (now on the rear side of the engine), which promotes quicker light-off and thereby helps further reduce cold-start emissions.

2003 Honda Accord

[edit on 2006/8/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Wow that really cool I'll post car news ok!

[edit on 21-8-2006 by El Che]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Sorry Grady, I just could'nt resist....

I'm not driving at the present time, but when I do finally decide to get a car again, I'll post some pics here. Until then, this will have to do.

runs on four shoes, but with a slight limp in the right left leg.

[edit on 8/21/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I blame the Americans. No, not for the crisis in the Middle East, not for global warming, not even for fast food. However, I do hold the Americans responsible for making my car ugly. The Honda Civic Hybrid I’ve been lent does many things admirably. It’s a smooth, reasonably well equipped cruiser that is doing its little bit to save the planet by using less fuel than it otherwise would.

In this article this man talk about how it American are a cause to the lack of good green cars (and in some way he right) but anyway here the news source.

source

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Thanks a lot, El Che. I think you just killed the automotive forum with one post.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Sorry I just was looking for news.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Über-Ultra: TechArt Tweaks the Dazzling Porsche Carrera GT

Blending art and performance here a pic of it

LEONBERG-HOFINGEN, Germany — TechArt Automobildesign knows Porsches. It also knows how to make Porsches go the extra mile — even limited-edition, midengine über-Porsches like the Carrera GT.

It my opinion is it a great job and very well done here the source

source

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Okay, El Che. The Automotive Forum Pep Squad duties have accrued to you. Put those creative juices to work and do what you can to whip up the ATS universe into a car-crazy, donut-turning, wheelie-popping, tire-squealing, moonshine-swilling mob.

Good luck. :w:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
No. Thats not what the site is about and there is not enough interest to warrant its own forum imho.
There is no reason you can't just make an official thread here in the general discussion for talking about cars ... kinda like this one.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
i started a post the same as this months back in members,

its an awesome idea-

and a i think would attract some really interesting posts and pictures from members.

if your taffiosi like me then this amazing shot of the replacement for the Enzo will give you goose bumps...

www.break.com...

i am presentley selling my internal organs on e-bay to raise the cash for the deposit.

well Played Grady...

fingers crossed.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Lotus Engineering today unveiled the Lotus Exige 265E. Lotus says car is not only probably the world's fastest ethanol automobile, it's also the most powerful road version of the Lotus Exige ever made. The research vehicle weighs just 2,050 pounds, runs on E85 fuel, and has an output of 265 horsepower at 8000 rpm, and peak torque of 184 pound-feet at 5500 rpm. The engine is a modified version of the Exige's existing Toyota powerplant. It will reach 60 mph in just 3.88 seconds, and 100 mph in 9.2 seconds, for a top speed of 158 mph

I always love Lotus and it Elise and Exige but is just super cool I how this will encourages and car maker to do stuff like this!!!!!!!!

World fastest Ethanol automobile!!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This looks really good in my eye the whole design is very well done and in my knowledge in car design it looks that it might be made to race?????? Toyota (they made Lexus) is very ahead in there thinking and many of there Lexus seem to come from the race track or made for the race track maybe to going to go in the racing world again!!!! Hell yeah if there are that great!! GO TOYOTA!

Here what the web site say:

According to news, the 5.0-liter V8 and electric motor powered car will be able to produce 435 horsepower, reach 60 mph in under 4.0 seconds, and attain top speed beyond 200 mph. The car uses the same powerplant as the Lexus 600h sedan. Due to Toyota’s involvement in F1 racing, engine has been opted for the V8 instead as the race has favorably shifted from V10 to the V8. The car will be unveiled at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show, which coincides with Japanese Grand Prix, which would be utilizing the car as the official pace car.

After close look at the Pics it is mean to race it even has aero kits in the bottom from better grip and look at the back those fans there huge thing must get really hot in there for something like that!!!! It more of a racecar than a supercar.

Well it time for some pics right!

source

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   

The New York Police Department will test drive 10 new Dodge Chargers with V-8 engines to see if the performance sedans can handle the rigors of potholed streets and other anti-driving features of Gotham as well as they can handle 150-mph top speeds, The Associated Press reported.

Now that cool but they still can't beat my some of these tuner car out there!!!

source

[edit on 27-8-2006 by El Che]

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Great to see fellow car enthusiasts, it is a shame there isn't a car forum''

We race lotus exge S260 and Lotus Cup cars. I love Lotus!

I have had DeLoreans, right hand drive mini coopers (the real ones) several 911's, a 914/6 with the bigger motor, flares, and siderafts. FD Rx7's (3rd gen) always with motor work and giant single turbo, and on and on.

I could blabber on, but just wanted to say hello to you folks.

I am female, I race quite alot. I eat breath and sleep cars.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hey guys and gals! Please share your car love here! I am sure there are others!

new topics

top topics

join