It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bankruptcy of the United States

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Smirkley...thanks for bringing this one back. Some great stuff on here...going to keep me busy for A WHILE!!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This is a long read but facinating thread.

Having personally gone through a bankruptcy in the past, I can't help but wonder
what happens if our government or should I say USA Inc. decides to file chapter 7.

What I'd like to see are a few basic things we can do to protect our own interests.

If paper money is essentially worthless, then shouldn't we be investing in tangable
assets like gold and silver or certain minted coins?

I've read several articles saying that precious metals are not a good investment, why?

Is it safer to own a piece of the debt? I don't know.
What happens if the debtor defaults on the debt?

Should we play the government's game and drown ourselves in debt or do everything it takes
to become debt free as soon as possible.

What really sucks is that if you actually own your home outright, you still don't really own it
if you don't pay your property taxes.

What a scam!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree
If paper money is essentially worthless, then shouldn't we be investing in tangable assets like gold and silver or certain minted coins?

I've read several articles saying that precious metals are not a good investment, why?

Is it safer to own a piece of the debt? I don't know.
What happens if the debtor defaults on the debt?

Should we play the government's game and drown ourselves in debt or do everything it takes to become debt free as soon as possible.

Interesting how each and every passing year, these same questions become more and more relevent.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It is not as if many of us were not speaking out from all directions about the collapse of the United States which began its last phase when all of the @#%^ bought into the officiial story on 9-11 and that Traitor..that Fake Texas G.W. Bush who is just a front man, as his father was. Some of you may begin to realize the Heart Of Darkness sits in a pool of oil but crosses many lines of the elite in England, Saudi Arabia, Europe and yes, the Americas. The worst is all true; the CFR, the Military Complex and Israel are all a part of this drive to their New World Order. You will be Chipped, you will submit, you are cattle, while those of us who prepared will probably die fighting them.

I provoked being banned from ATS because I could not resist speaking out, even though I knew I was wasting my time and energies better spent elsewhere. Now, me and mine are secure and focused on gathering those of our kind..it ain't you.

If the Moderators don't censor this as they have, you can read what I had to say under MajKarma. It won't really matter, most of you are so deep in the belly of the beast that there is no escape now but I wish you luck..sort of ;/

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
Not that I may suggest this as the outcome, but the current situation appears that the USD is on the edge, and hanging by a toe-nail.

And this could also imply the monetary value shift, the wealth shift, and the power shift, into a completely new currency/country/pattern.

So, are we ready for a new currency yet?

Does this new paradigm require re-monetization?

With a new bond issue?, does that doom the dollar here as well as abroad?

Face it, the fed is printing money as fast as they can as we speak to pay for all these bailouts, it is going to cause massive inflation down the road. Sure, there will be tons of cash to float growth, but at what cost.

A new replacement currency?,.. or a dollar worth less than one penny of gold?

I dunno.

Anyway you slice it, it comes up peanuts.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by smirkley]

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Yea,... whatever,..nothing new.

Look at it this way......

Now might be a good time to realize that corporate stocks are less risky than government securities.

Too late to adjust your 401k's to something safer like,... stocks for the long run?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You know what??

I regret this thread.

I know the posts I made became rather random and irrelivant as time passed,. but now that it is more real than just a thread?...

It sucks.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Ron Paul is on the rampage. The currency wars defined.

www.businessweek.com...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I use to think that way, but NWO is running every thing. So their friends work and have benefits. If you don't tow the company line, which ever company that is then you are out of luck!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join