It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting read on August 22 and Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

He then suddenly demolishes his own argument with this caveat: "It is far from certain that Mr Ahmadinejad plans any such cataclysmic events precisely for August 22."

So why, exactly, did the Iranians choose August 22 as the date for giving their answer to the US about nuclear development? Probably for bureaucratic convenience. When they promised a reply "by the end of August", they didn't actually use the word "August", but the Iranian equivalent. If you look up the Persian calendar, you'll see that August 22 just happens to be the end of the month known as Mordad.

Forgive me I am new and don't know how to link correctly.

commentisfree.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
There is information from pravda claiming a journalist from the wall street journal with close ties to the bush family saying there will be a nuclear attack on Aug. 22. very strange.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
.. I can't BELIEVE that this isn't being discussed in greater detail here.

I THOUGHT IT WAS.. but now I can see that ATS has TOTALLY dropped the ball on this one...

AUGUST 22nd IS A VERY SERIOUS MATTER... how is it that NO ONE here at ATS is doing a massive investigation and report for the members here?

Okay let me fill you all in on it then...

... no, you know what? I'm not even getting in to it until this situation with my account is resolved.

GOD ONLY KNOWS what I'll be accused of if it turns out that I was right about the fact that it looks like either...

A) Iran may declare itself a nuclear power by a test. Followed by saying they have several more where that one came from.

B) Iran may declare itself a nuclear power by nuking Iraqs Capital with GZero being the GZone itself. And saying they could do a lot worse to Israel if they don't back off Gaza and Lebanon right away.

C) Iran may declare itself a nuclear power by NUKING ISRAEL ITSELF!

Do you guys realize how close we are to a full out nuclear exchange?

We're talking DAYS AWAY depending on what Iran ment by...

"We'll give you our answer on the 22nd."

You have NO IDEA how scared the US military and other militaries are right now. EVERYONE IS ON HIGHTENED ALERT OVER THIS.

DID YOU GUYS NOT KNOW THIS WAS GOING ON?! AT ALL?!

BESIDES THIS ONE THREAD?!

THIS IS THE MAJOR NEWS ON EVERY OTHER MESSAGE BOARD ON THE NET AND ATS IS BARELY SCRATCHED THE SURFACE ON THIS TOPIC?!

My god.

I'm wasting my time here.

Sorry to those of you who do really try here at this site (mods included) but with a site that has THIS MUCH resources missing serious subjects like this.. no good. Its just implosible that things of this magnitude are being overlooked by the staff here.

MAYBE.. if the staff wasn't busy canceling the accounts of people who DO actually have the time to read just about every major article on the net and bring that info back here to ats for discussion then ats would actually have users who can post topics of value and perhaps even start a decent discussion of them.

But it seems like all the mods here are good for is instead being arbitarily canceling these accounts.. or sorry.. "Putting them on Hold but will be resolved soon" but never are.

Get my point?

I've known about this August 22nd thing for WEEKS NOW... IN FACT..

I'm TAKING IT SO SERIOUSLY I'm traveling 12 hours to be with my family during that time because I THINK ITS GOING TO BE THAT BAD.

At the least I'm not taking any chances with it anyways.

You should all do the same. Get you BoBs together and get ready to evac your home locations and move out of the cities as QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE... you might even want to camp outside of town the day before... no I'm not kidding. Yes it could get that bad.

-VMX

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vis Mega
.. I can't BELIEVE that this isn't being discussed in greater detail here.

... no, you know what? I'm not even getting in to it until this situation with my account is resolved.

GOD ONLY KNOWS what I'll be accused of if it turns out that I was right about the fact that it looks like either...

A) Iran may declare itself a nuclear power by a test. Followed by saying they have several more where that one came from.

B) Iran may declare itself a nuclear power by nuking Iraqs Capital with GZero being the GZone itself. And saying they could do a lot worse to Israel if they don't back off Gaza and Lebanon right away.

C) Iran may declare itself a nuclear power by NUKING ISRAEL ITSELF!

Do you guys realize how close we are to a full out nuclear exchange?

We're talking DAYS AWAY depending on what Iran ment by...

"We'll give you our answer on the 22nd."

You have NO IDEA how scared the US military and other militaries are right now. EVERYONE IS ON HIGHTENED ALERT OVER THIS.

DID YOU GUYS NOT KNOW THIS WAS GOING ON?! AT ALL?!

BESIDES THIS ONE THREAD?!

THIS IS THE MAJOR NEWS ON EVERY OTHER MESSAGE BOARD ON THE NET AND ATS IS BARELY SCRATCHED THE SURFACE ON THIS TOPIC?!

My god.

I'm wasting my time here.

.. if the staff wasn't busy canceling the accounts of people who DO actually have the time to read just about every major article on the net and bring that info back here to ats for discussion then ats would actually have users who can post topics of value and perhaps even start a decent discussion of them.

But it seems like all the mods here are good for is instead being arbitarily canceling these accounts.. or sorry.. "Putting them on Hold but will be resolved soon" but never are.

Get my point?

I've known about this August 22nd thing for WEEKS NOW... IN FACT..

I'm TAKING IT SO SERIOUSLY I'm traveling 12 hours to be with my family during that time because I THINK ITS GOING TO BE THAT BAD.

At the least I'm not taking any chances with it anyways.

You should all do the same. Get you BoBs together and get ready to evac your home locations and move out of the cities as QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE... you might even want to camp outside of town the day before... no I'm not kidding. Yes it could get that bad.

-VMX

Ah...Where to start?

First, apologies regards the editing of your quote; ATS likes to avoid long quotes where possible. I tried to keep the salient points intact.

Let's see. I am personally aware of Several threads on ATS/PTS currently discussing this topic. In my opinion, however, this topic has a distinct "pong of prophecy" about it. Lacking any verifiable evidence to support its dire predictions, the warning becomes just one more cry of "Wolf" in a seemingly endless stream of "doom and gloom" predictions.

Granted, if even one of these prediction come true, we will be...no more!

But until then, experience and denial render us, skeptical.

What will happen at "the end of August", be it the 22nd or otherwise, beyond an announcement from Iran is, at this point, anybody's Guess; unless and until somebody with verifiable info chooses to disclose that info.

But do not fear.

Even if Iran had the capability to launch a nuclear strike against Israel, or any other country in the region, such a strike would ensure the complete and immediate destruction of Iran in turn, with, I would venture to assume, the blessings of every other nation on Earth. It serves no one's purpose to tolerate a nuclear-armed "mad dog" in their midst.

The possibility of Iran detonating a test device, in/on their own soil, maybe a remote but more likely possibility. The ramnifications would certainly be a shock to the world's powers. The possession of nuclear weapons, as I am certain Iran's government has concluded, are a currency respected world-wide. Acknowledged nuclear powers deal with each within the mutually agreed bounds of diplomacy; the alternative too horrible to contemplate.

I'm sure Iran seeks this perceived legitimacy on the world stage.

I'm also certain that Israel fears Iran's rise to nuclear legitimacy; realizing that her regional influence and power will be at least significantly diminished, if not totally nullified the moment Iran is able to demonstrate nuclear parity.

And survive the demonstration.

As to your beef with the Mods...I leave that to higher powers!

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Iagree, this is a worrying date.

Also the point that is interesting. In a speech given by Armahinijad about the return of the hidden iman (22nd august), he said that such an event would see muslims nationsbecome a technological power (nuclear weapons perhaps) that will join the powerful nations of the world.

Okay maybe this is unlikely for some, various people have thrown various dates about for nuclear obliteration and the start of serious things in the region. And this is why people will always remain sceptital.

The date could see an attack from tehran itself, or this speculation (which has been mentioned quite a bit in the US press and a few UK newspapers) could well be used in a government orchestrated false flag terror attack on western interests, thus paving the way for action against Iran and maybe more. As prophecised by non other than Alex Jones, the obsessive conspiricy theorist who (claims) to have predicted 9/11 just a few months before the incident.

He has mentioned the very real possibility of nuclear weapons being used, and that it may well be much, MUCH larger than 9/11

[edit on 13-8-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
the president of iran wants to destroy america? well considering russia doesnt have the nuclear capability to destroy america totally its illogical to think iran can do any more then destroy 5% more likely less of america, if they possess any nukes . on the other hand, america can destroy iran 10 times over and this would be the final straw for such an action. bring on a nuclear august 22 tehran. you can not win, only create the defeat of your own people. i dont condone killing muslims, innocents , or crazies, but the people of this earth need to wake the hell up and maybe such a sad event could actually move us towards a better, more peaceful world. its going to be hard for iran to be a world power when the only export would be glass. peace

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
the president of iran wants to destroy america? well considering russia doesnt have the nuclear capability to destroy america totally its illogical to think iran can do any more then destroy 5% more likely less of america, if they possess any nukes . on the other hand, america can destroy iran 10 times over and this would be the final straw for such an action. bring on a nuclear august 22 tehran. you can not win, only create the defeat of your own people. i dont condone killing muslims, innocents , or crazies, but the people of this earth need to wake the hell up and maybe such a sad event could actually move us towards a better, more peaceful world. its going to be hard for iran to be a world power when the only export would be glass. peace

Hey dude, it's not about destroying America, Iran would LOVE that but they know that's not going to happen. Instead, have you seen the movie 'the sum of all fears'? Just think what would happen if just one of those nuclear bombs developed by Iran explodes outside the emipre state building in New York, then what? America would turn itself inside out, isn't that the ain of terrorists after all? to create chaso?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
well i say they can go for it. is one american city really worth 0 iranians left alive? americans wouldnt kill each other off if such an attack happened, we would be so pissed and we would all enlist in the military and we would finish the war on terrorism. yeah i know chaos would ensue but it wouldnt destroy our country. and who would stand in our way of nuking iran ? no one

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
lol and this is a funny thread.

Dear Vis Mega, I am coming back to this post on 23 of August and laugh the hell at you [insult removed]
ok

and to the other guy, he if Iran gets the monopoly on glass that still would be some serious cash no? ok I am being a lil silly now but how could I not be after reading Vis Mega post.

Again if you don't know Iran has a different calender to west and 22nd of August is simply their end of August! or I should say "Mordad"

And to top it up the day of ascensions of Mohhamad is :
are you ready for it

12th of October

and not 22nd of August. The not head who has written the article I forget his name has got his facts a lil wrong
thats right his name is: Bernard Lewis.

22nd of August is the date that Mohammad became the prophet which is the day that he according to me had some sort of hallucination or according to Muslims saw a Gabriel the Arc Agel which bestowed him with his prophecy!

Any way see you on August 23nd. I will have a lot of fun laughing at you.

[edit on 13-8-2006 by zurvan]

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/14/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zurvan
lol and this is a funny thread.

Dear Vis Mega, I am coming back to this post on 23 of August and laugh the hell at you [insult removed]
ok

Any way see you on August 23nd. I will have a lot of fun laughing at you.

[edit on 13-8-2006 by zurvan]

Did I miss a memo from ATS that now allows reckless insults and belittlement that borders on slander? I have to write this to say that this post is disgusting and it (once again) defeats the purpose of this forum which is to have some form or semblance of organized and honorable debate.

Calling people stupid does not fall in that category.

Try tact. Stray from the nanny nanny boo boos.

In reference to this post, who knows?

There is A LOT of weird stuff going on right now.

North Korea Mssiles

Withering global markets

Oil shortages

Iranian Nuke Concerns

Hezbollah

Israel

8 missing Egyptians

Elevated terror threats

Anything is possible.

[edited quoted content]

[edit on 8/14/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Ok, I am talking to someone who based on some false information from a dodgy historian is tavelling miles and taking a day off to be with his family in anticipation of the end of World. Ok what should I call him then? Super intelligent pshycic? I am sorry but in my opinion if somebody is so galubile to fee like that they must be stupid ie not have much intelligence!

Did you miss the main point of my post though? the whole date taht their argument is based on is wrong. Anyway I appologies for stating my point of veiw!

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If Iran does do something....that's anything on the 22nd I'm sure many here will blame the USA no matter what happens.

This board seems to be no longer about 'CONSPIRACIES'; instead it seems to have devolved into a 'everything is the USA's fault even when the USA in not invloved'.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
When over half the blogosphere is in on such a cataclysmic plan, it means it's all bull.

Calling Aussie Bloke, calling Aussie Bloke...cleanup on aisle 5, a can of baseless rumor spilled all over and sheeple becoming disturbed.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Ok Vis Mega I am all ears. I have heard blurbs about August 22nd but to be honest it just another date of doom IMO.

You said you have known about this for a couple of weeks and that other blogs are discussing this. I tried to look the date up specifically and can only find one reference to a Mr. Lewis who lends his interpretation to what Iran could mean.

The problem here I think is that because someone says this it must mean that. At least that's my take on it. According to Mr. Lewis he makes references that Aug 22 is different than the calendar we have and that's why Mohammand rose to heaven and that the Iranian president is saying on this day that Jerusalem's sky is going to be lit up.

We could take that to mean a number of things. But I certainly understand where others would automatically think nuclear.
But if Iran were to lit someone up I think it would be a fool hardy thing to do.

I just don't believe despite the power the US and other countries have that anyone really wants to be the first to pull the trigger.
It's just a pissing contest.
However, with that said if anything were to transpire next Tues I will be the first to admit I was wrong.

But Vis Mega if you could give us some links or provide more of that info you seem privy too that would be great and then we could draw our own conclusions.

top topics

join