It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe's Gone, Is Hillary In?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
With the defeat of Joe Lieberman by an anti war activists, and a political novice the question has been put forth, will Hillary Clinton win the Democratic nomination? The activists that managed to stop Lieberman are now in the process of trying to bend Clinton to there anti war political side. The strategy of Clinton thus have has been to cast the image of being a moderate tough on national security.

The news story I have linked hear is by no means an official statement by Hillary that she will be running, this has been talked about for several years. So will the Demarcates now be running the Clinton and Clinton team? Or will we have suprise name on the ballot?

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I wouldn't say that Joe Lieberman was defeated per se; true, he lost the Democratic nomination, but a recent poll has him keeping his Senate seat running as an Independent (which he says he will do).

I think Hillary Clinton wants to be President, but I also think she is smart enough to realize that she will not get the more radical leftist votes of the Democratin party regardless of how she spins her platform and beliefs. For this reason alone, she needs to appeal to a good bunch of the more liberal Republicans and Independents, and she knows that toadying to the ultraleftists in her party will work against her in the general election.

My gut feeling is that the only way Hillary can win the general election is to adopt a political platform that will keep her from getting the Democratic Party's nomination in the first place. If this happens, and the Democrat who does win the nomination gives in to the leftists' demands, the Democratic Party will have again done what it has done so successfully in the past on many occasions...

...Snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Off the street,
You do sound like you have a pretty good grasp on all this political stuff. Allthough be it, I do think snaching defete from the jaws of victory is something both parties have done in the past.

As all this unfolds I exspect we will the worst politics has offered in the history of the country.

new topics

join