It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Collar comedy tour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Who else thinks the blue collar comedy tour is the gayest thing to hit TV ever. They actually think there cool when they act like white trash. They practically preach that you dint have to have goals in life.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by losangeleslover
They practically preach that you dint have to have goals in life. [/quote

Or good spelling, or how to post in the correct forum.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
How was that bad spelling it was an error i meant to spell didn't not dint and why wouldn't this go in the eduction/ media it would be considered media.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
If it's the "gayest" thing on TV why do you watch it, or even waste your time, energy etc.. talking about it?

When I see something like a TV show that I dont like, agree with, or find a waste of my time I change the channel and forget about it

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well, this post doesn't seem to be going anywhere constructive, but i thought i'd put in my two cents nonetheless. The Blue Collar Comedy Tour is just an exploitation of, basically, the middle of the country. some comedians talk about the east coast, some talk about the west coast, and relatively few talk about central north America. these guys are just filling a niche, and doing a wonderful job, i might add. I will say i don't particularly like most of their humor, but as far as business and popularity go, they are doing a very good job. being from oklahoma myself, i've seen its influence more or less all around me, so yea, its had quite an effect. there was a time, right after it came out, when i literally heard at least one quote from it everyday. personally, my favorite is ron white, as seems to be the general consensus among my friends. and just a quick question, what does this have to do with ats again?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think it is funny..

The gayest show to hit TV is reality TV shows, esspecially the ones where gay people re decorate a house or something...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I have seen this bowl of swill once for about two minutes. I can honestly say it is the biggest pile of poo i have witnessed as of late. I would rather watch Laguna Beach the real OC than that pile.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Wow ...

I am just a bit taken back by such an elitist display of judgment on a BBS dedicated to conspiracy theories and fringe based suppositions; where the alleged actions of the Illuminati, for one, are condemned. Who would have thought Nitsche was right about monster hunting after all?

Just because something may not be to your taste, doesn’t make it stupid. For example, Hip Hop is not to my liking, but that doesn’t make it stupid. Country music isn’t high on my list either, but that doesn’t invalidate it in the slightest. Comedy is a lot like music, in that individual comedians have different and varying styles, just like bluegrass spirituals differ from traditional gospels.

I have found some of Ron White’s observations to be thoughtful and funny, if not irrelevantly irreverent; and I’m sure there’s a Bill Engvall ‘Here’s your sign’ joke for this thread, but I’ll leave it to those better suited for ‘down-home’ puns. Personally, I’d rather be watching Lewis Black any day of the week, but Larry the Cable Guy will do in a pinch. It’s entertainment, not philosophy.

For that matter, David Icke is a blithering idiot to some and a profound visionary to others, but who is to say he is stupid?

Of course, not everyone has the same view on things, and that’s wonderful. Diversity isn’t necessarily a bad thing, is it? On the other hand, elitism, especially of the intellectual variety, is not only be a bad thing, but a dangerous one.

On a website such as this, more than anywhere else, divided we are conquered. If you dislike a given genre/topic, you are more than entitled to an educated opinion, however, one should respect the opinions of others as well.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I think its very funny! I do not like it, however when they once in awhile talk politics, because they're red staters potaters.

Other than that- its comedy. good old fashined comedy. What's wrong with that??

We need laughter..or is that out now??

new topics

top topics

join