It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'United States of Europe'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 11:49 AM
link   
That new blueprint for a European constitution has sparked British opposition because of its proposal to rename the European Union as the "United States of Europe."

The outline document, published by former French president Valery Giscard d'Estaing, suggests that all Europeans should be given the right to citizenship of the EU as well as their member states.
www.newsmax.com.../10/30/202705

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 12:02 PM
link   
published by former French president Valery Giscard d'Estaing

of course this idea comes from a Frenchman. lol.

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 12:40 PM
link   
LOL,
Yeah go figure.

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 01:25 PM
link   
O.k. A little paranoia here...

There gonna change the capital of Europe from Brussels to The Hague and the Dutch are gonna rule the whole of Europe!!!
They're already in charge of the European finances...

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 02:43 PM
link   
VGE is a morron.

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It has already been established that he is French, U-P!

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I don't know how much opposition there is to this in GB but it's well over 50%.and the more they talk about this the more it scares Brits away from the common European currency.

Personally I couldn't vote (and there will be one)to join the common currency without having a directly elected President.

No taxation without Representation.

The EU finances are run from Germany.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 05:00 AM
link   
John bull 1,if you want to keep your freedom and your independance, stay away from the Euro accurancy.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This is old news. I seen that in the papers a couple of months back, i think it was just one guy putting forward a motion to change the name. He basically got laughed at and told to shut it. It wasnt even a story, just think the media liked it. Stupider stuff than that is proposed every day. square melons anyone?

I personally think they should call it 'the land of the big breasted valkiries' 'cos i'd like to live there!

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
so long as the US suppoorts them. The USA is getting way too confident and powerful with no opposition and needs something to check it.

xaos

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There were more guys up for the spot of heading that commitee then the French guy. Former prime minister Wim Kok also was up for the job. The study is to be used as a frame-work upon which to build a more efficient Europe. Maybe we see this guy as a founding father in 50 years or so, but so what?

top topics

join