It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MP George Galloway Connected to "Bottle Bomb" Terrorists?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
In a surprising turn of events related to the "thwarting" of the "Bottle Bomb" plot, outspoken and controversial MP George Galloway has been connected to one of the terrorists. Apparently, the sister of suspect Waheed Zaman, has indicated her brother had a deep respect for Galloway and met with him often.

www.thesun.co.uk
Safeena, 24, said of her 23-year-old brother: “He saw it as his duty to stand up for his community and that’s what led him to know George Galloway. He has a lot of respect for him and has met him many times.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Is this the next step in these apparent terrorism scares? Isn't it bad enough that we see another escalation of terror alerts and thwarted plots as election time nears, just as we saw in 2004?

This latest would seem to indicate that the terror alerts and threats may be used to associate terrorists with outspoken critics of the US and UK administrations.

What to ATS members think of this latest development?

Related News Links:
www.truthdig.com
www.totallyjewish.com

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Send him to Gitmo............burn'em, fry'em, hang'em, he's a jerk with a big mouth............way to go GW and TB, nice used of your pals OBL to get this guy off your back............

Sounds silly doesn't it................

If in fact Galloway is involved.........he should fry...........

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Oh this is just absurd... politicans know a lot of people... by this logic since Jack Abramoff was at the White House a lot an met with Bush then Bush could be indited in the corruption scandal... come to think of it ya might be on to something.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well, thats one way of getting rid of unwanted and inconvienent people. Link them to terrorism.

I cant stand George Galloway. I think he represents everything wrong with the left. However, to accuse him of involvement with terrorist plots is friggin absurd. This seems like an attempt by Blair to silence one fo the most outspoken and staunch opponenents of his government.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hey. Best fry Rumsfeld. Theres a video of him shaking hands with that devil incarnate himself, Saddam Hussein. (Just before the US sold him all those nasty weapons)

[edit on 11-8-2006 by neformore]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
First of all even if what this woman says is true, so what? I doubt he was informed of their plan; people are jumping the gun here by already convicting this man.

And people are also jumping the gun by automatically blaming Bush/Blair; I swear nothing happens without these guys somehow being involved.
As far as I can see this is just a news story that warrants some attention but certainly not a frenzy.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
So there going after him for speaking the truth about the Lebanese conflict? Fark the government...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Big deal. How many people do they think Galloway has met as an MP, and being married to a woman of Middle Eastern descent how many Muslims has he met? Connected to one of the terrorists by what? A handshake, a nod, and a "how ya doin'"?

www.thesun.co.uk...
A spokesman for MP Galloway, above, said: “Waheed Zaman is not a name that George is familiar with. He is not known to him on a personal level.”

There is no suggestion Galloway is an associate of Zaman.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 2006-8-11 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Actually, this is a classic piece of Pysops by the Rupert Murdoch owned Sun newspaper, using subconcious linking to the subject. The paper claims the guys sister says he knew Galloway, and yet prints a retraction at the end of the article.

An attempt at payback by Murdoch after Galloway ripped the Sky News interviewer to pieces the other day?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Here's a link to a video of his recent spot on Sky News:

Video

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
(Oh yes, and a classic attempt at psyops by "Skeptic Overlord" who seems to have a pro-Israel agenda as is evident by the links provided - both to pro-Israeli websites - and who obviously is anti-Galloway - lets Deny some Ignorance and Apathy here)

WTH? Did you read his comments after the story?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

(Oh yes, and a classic attempt at psyops by "Skeptic Overlord" who seems to have a pro-Israel agenda as is evident by the links provided - both to pro-Israeli websites - and who obviously is anti-Galloway - lets Deny some Ignorance and Apathy here)

Hmm... To judge a man by two links posted. It's obvious that you don't know Skepticoverlord.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

WTH? Did you read his comments after the story?

My Bad. I misread it. Apologies to Skeptic Overlord. I've removed that part of my comment.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
They made it very clear in the story that Galloway wasn't actually associated with the terrorist, likely because Galloway has won several libel suits against the British press. But the intended psychological association is still achieved, in the same way that the majority of American Idol watchers still believe Hussein was associated with Bin Laden and 9/11.

[edit on 2006-8-11 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

I'm thinking Lawsuit.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Well, a terrorist plot that was foiled in the UK that has lead to America becoming very paranoid. We do get CNN and FOX in the UK and they tend to be more paranoid than the British media

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

This latest would seem to indicate that the terror alerts and threats may be used to associate terrorists with outspoken critics of the US and UK administrations.

Of course that's the tactic. And it's a very efficient one. Galloway is already pretty much dismissed because he's SO outspoken, but connecting him with terrorism is in the minds of the people feeds the mindset of "you're either with us or you're against us" in a very effective way.

It places Galloway on the side of the terrorists in many people's minds, leading them to think that people who are against the US/UK government are terrorists.

I can't believe how simple-minded people are.

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
George Galloway. I think he represents everything wrong with the left.

He's extreme, but I agree with a lot of what he says, even if he is loud, obnoxious and arrogant. Most of what he says has merit, in my opinion.

wecomeinpeace, thanks for the video. Very good.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I can't believe how simple-minded people are.

Yeah me either, already blaming the government in a heart beat over sensational journalism. Just as bad as the people who think George Galloway is involved with terrorism. :shk:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Westie, the government has been behind sensational journalism for a loooong time. They have a track record, they've been caught, they've manipulated people by use of the media. It's nothing new that the government has been responsible for sensationalism for their benefit.

Goerge Galloway being falsely associated with particular terrorists, however, is a new tactic as far as I know.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yeah whatever, without even think about it twice or looking into people are automatically willing to blame the "government" because they’re behind it all. It cant be a news source trying to gain headlines and viewers, no it’s the government, like they would give a… abut George Galloway now. Nothing but blind suspicion from both sides, sad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join