It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(HSSC)unseen forecasts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
halloween's unseen consequences.

a Dream's Consequences.

"It was a cold breezy night...i awoke to the sound of the rain pattering lightly on the window panes.
having wiped the sleep from my eyes i smiled to the thought that i'd lived to the brink of my 86th halloween.
Born 86 years ago,i smiled softly at the thought,living alone, but more importantly, alive.

The entire edifice of my fears being justified, sadly i too, was foretold that my heart condition would simply not allow my ever reaching the ripe old age of 80 without facing my Grand finale.
midnight had struck only a few minutes ago.
Time, proved to be a mandatory phase, indicating every form of opportunity imagineable, to me it seemed more of a percussive pulse soon to be extinguished by the inevitable motivation inspired more-so by our outbound energy than anything else.

engaged with thoughts i suddenly realized..it didnt matter if i got out of bed, another lonely night lay before me.

weighing out my options, i came upon the conclusion that some excercise would do me good and therefore made my way downstairs.

Casting a weary glance at the hall mirror i glimpsed the old stranger staring back, the abstract horror of many a sleepless night, coupled with my current depressed state stared back at the remnants of what was once a war veteran.
back in the day my only claim for regret was marriage..cackling at my state of devastation i moved on downstairs.

as i reached the bottom of the staircase the sound of muffled footsteps emerged from behind the kitchen door.
dazed...not wanting to call out i shuffled as fast as my crooked knees would allow me towards it contemplating it's source.
the rain had stopped now, a smooth glittery sky collocated with a full moon's glow shone dimly through the hall mullion. it seemed an eerie silence had blanketed the house isolating it from any interferences.

my hair on end i flung the door back to see myself face-to face with a hairy fanged figure, lurking in the shadows."

breathing heavily i suddenly woke up, i'd encountered another nightmare..

feeling an overpowering sense of curiosity i went downstairs, carefully avoiding the mirror.
stepping onto the landing i heard a familiar chime, midnight.
a dizziness spread through me,hyperventilating i moved on.
a war veteran, i had served in the forces most of my life, this proving useful when owning a firearm.
carefully removing the weapon i hurriedly cocked it, feeling the cold metal against my skin made me regain my original state of confidence, groaning under it's weight i turned towards the kitchen door, only to see the door knob turn.
a shot echoed, and another, i was sure the beast had taken it in the chest."
a scream echoed followed by silence...., i knelt over my victim trick or treat bag still in hand, witnessing his last 12yr old breathe i let out a piering wail.

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by Cyrus]

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by John bull 1]

new topics

join