It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scam involving alleged Kennedy Files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hi,

Not sure if this has been posted before, apologies if it has, but I have just come across the below story and thought it may be a salient warning given the number of conspiracy theorists on the board!

A new twist on the classic Nigerian scam emerged this week with the discovery of an email that offers gullible web users access to supposedly secret KGB files on the John F. Kennedy assassination.

The scam, which was discovered by security company Sophos, is believed to be targeting conspiracy theorists who might be tricked into handing over money or confidential data to get their hands on the report.

It goes on to say:

The JFK scam begins with a spam email claiming to come from a dying KGB agent offering declassified CIA documents, files from the former KGB and interviews with those who know the real story behind the Kennedy assassination.

"I am a former KGB agent. I am too old and seriously ill to fight for the truth. I am dying from a blood disease. I hope you are the person to help me reach my goal. It will bring you fame. Calmness for me," the email reads.

While I'm sure most ATS members are smart enough to work out that this is rubbish for themselves, I thought it would still be prudent to post this warning just in case. It is interesting that they are targeting conspiracy theorists in particular. Must be a lucrative market!

Has anyone actually received this e-mail?

The link to the story is

JFK scam

Thanks,

Will

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Good find, Willard856.

I'll be watching to see how this spreads.

I'm moving this to a better forum, though.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
it would be cool if like some one did pay and really get secret files ya know that would be something.i will keep an eye out

join