It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HSSC: The Ring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The ring is a small ruby ring that kind of looks like a mood ring. It was a very powerful ring that when worn could
and would make you be the person that God wanted you to be. Not what you thought god wanted but what god really saw you as being.
The ring hadn't been seen in years and was last seen being worn by a nasty dictator from a foreign land. The person that brought this ring back to the country of Brancarius was a little boy named William. William was the son of a master blacksmith and had been given the ring by his dads friend who
found the ring in a abandoned house in a chest that once belonged to this dictator, Farouza The peanut butter loving freak from the land of Craplandia.
or so the story goes. Anyways one day the little boy polished this ring and wanted to sell it so that he could buy a set of comics that were really rare and very expensive.
William approached the store and handed over the ring and asked how much he could get for it. The storekeeper said "This ring is not a real ring my boy, its plastic. it carries no real value, but since you seem honest I will give you two nickels for it". William stepped back and almost for a second started to cry but held his own and responded "Screw you old man , this ring is a gift from a very famous person and if you don't like it and call it plastic with no value than you can just blow it out your bum because I know it has value, personal value to me", William attempted to retrieve the ring when out of the blue the storekeeper raised his hand and gave William 300.00. William looked at the money and said "What the heck? I thought you said it had no value?" The storekeeper picked up his hand to show that he had put the ring on and was admiring it and then muttered "I am here and this is your gift from me my son". William gasped and took another step back and asked for the ring back that he had changed his mind.
Dazed and confused the storekeeper took the ring off and handed it back and then began to shout "get outta my store, you creepy little boy and take your ugly ring with you".
William left the store and started on his bike to a pawn shop located just out of town. On the way William was humming his favorite tune "On the Turning Away" by Pink Floyd . William stopped by the grocery store to pick up some gum and some juice, In the store William ran into his old friend Simone. Simone was Williams dream girlfriend. She was a tall leggy blonde with the perfect body . Simone smiled and said " Hi William where are going today?" William embarrassed because he could not stop staring at her chest replied "I'm going to the pawn shop at the end of town to see if I can get some money for my ring". They continued small talk and William rode off with his ring headed for the pawnshop.
When he finally arrived at the pawn shop William noticed a black van that was parked off to the side of the building. The engine was running and there was black smoke coming from the the chimney of the pawn shop in big poofs.
William went on in and approached the counter and handed the ring over to the pawnshop keeper. The owner grabbed the ring and put it on. He said "This is a lovely ring little boy, what is it made of?" William shrugged and said "I dunno I guess it's ruby or something". The pawnshop holder then proceded to ask William to try on the ring to see what it looked like on him because he couldnt believe he would want to sell such a priceless gem. William tried the ring on and modeled it for the man.
William felt dizzy, staggered and fell to the floor. The pawnshop holder grabbed williams shoulders and william pulled away standing up picked up a golden orb that was for sale and hit the pawn shop owner over the head knocking him out cold. William reached for all the cash in the drawer and fled the store with his ring and cash in hand.
William ran to the black van and just as he touched the door he jolted as a black demon reached up from under the van and ripped off his leg. William screamed in agony as he tried to pull away from the creature, lying on his back with his elbows in the ground. The demon grabbed williams torso and pulled him underneath the van. Just as william was about to break free and before going into shock William thought of the ring. He wondered why a ring that was supposed to make him be what god wanted would allow him to expierience such agony and pain, just then the demon ripped off Willams arm, the one with the ring on it.
William died underneath the van that day
Simone heard of the news and went to the pawnshop out of curiousity and sadness. On the ground she found, the ring she picked it up and walked home.

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by MarkosOrrealus]

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
That story had a lot of character, I liked it. I found the bit at the end about Simone a little abrupt but I guess she'll suffer a similar fate

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thanks Kt
I couldnt figure out where the scary part should come in. Im just not good at short stories I like to build up the characters as much as possible so It can be extra shocking when they get murdered or sliced up or whatever but my story was getting too long so I had to edit but I couldnt figure out how to fit in the character building and make the story short and scary. But hey Im learning so I will do better the next time.

Mark

new topics

join