It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Movie Fallen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Even though it appeared to me that my mind was read by specific individuals, I can not rule out the possibility that it was an illusion. Those of you familiar with the movie "Fallen" will know what I mean. In that movie, the star Danzel Washington became the target of an evil force. The bizarre interactions he had with other people happened because of his own perception of the event; in other words he was controlled through his mind to see what he witnessed. There is no guarantee that an event we witness, such as a paranormal event, really takes place.

When I experimented with mind reading, I was in effect playing with the paranormal, I was inviting evil in. It is possible that the person who alledgedly read my mind by staring at me and scratching his head, as I asked him to do mentally without speaking a word, had no idea or would tell me that he never did stare at me and scratch his head.

Ultimately, I believe we have perfect knowledge, only it is denied to us on this earth. We may use only 10% of our brain's capacity. We may all have the capacity to read minds, but that ability has been stunted. Look at the Rain man. Played by Dustin Hoffman in the movies, the rainman had super abilities, he could tell you the day of the week by just giving him a date, any date. What people don't know about the Rain man is that he could listen once to some one play a complicated piano concerto and play it himself; he never had one pianco lesson in his life.

The Rain man experience taught me that we all might have perfect knowledge, but sadly, it is filtered. In the Rain man's case, mental retardation skewed the filltering in his brain allowing for more to come through.

I suggest that no one try the mind reading experiment as I did. Keep your mind focused on reality. This message is especially true for those with mental weaknesses such as ADD and other such abnormalities. I believe the chance for possession or evil ocntrol is real in these people, and that they may actually experience something frightening.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
i think if you truly believe you are too strong to be 'occupied' by such forces, you won't be. i also think if you truly want to use more than 10% of your brain, its possible.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Dear Evanostrand,

I agree about what you wrote about faith. I also sense you are interested in the capabilities of the mind. If you care to, try the following experiment: Go where many people go such as a mall. In your mind think some specific words such as, "if you can read my mind, stare at me and scratch your head." Notice the people around you. If you get no response in one area try another, try this experiment in a different area, or a different location all together until you do get a response.

When I first tried this experiment, nothing happened for quite a while. When I was about to leave one location, I concentrated and gave it one more try. To my amazement, a young person began looking around and started to raise her hand to her head. As she passed me, she looked directly at me. While this was not the exact response I was looking for, I considered it a miss. However, it gave me the fortitude to continue on with the experiment.

I got my first dramatic response at a meeting I attended. Again, in my mind, and not vergbally, I projected the same words, "If you can read my mind, scractch your head and stare at me." Four people in the room looked around, and half heartedly raised their hands to their head. One of these people came to within a few inches of me. He stared at me while scratching his head--a dramatic response.

If you decide to try it, I would be interested in any results you obtain.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
hah! that is weird, i am DEFINITELY going to try it! i will let you know how it goes.

hmm. interesting. this might sound silly but when i was a kid i watched some alien show and thought it would be cool to try mind reading, so my grandma, placating me, started practicing with me, and i got really good at it til my mom found out and was really weirded out so she made us stop, hehe.

so i will DEFINITELY try that. good suggestion

about the movie, ya know, i dont disbelieve it. demons and evil souls residing in bodies? not to sound blunt or w/e, but imo that's only possible if you have a weak soul/aura, or if you don't (deep down) truly know where you stand. im not saying never have doubts, cause sometimes i have lots. but regardless of heaven/hell/god/satan, i do truly believe my soul is entirely too powerful to allow a negative entity such as a demon just come over and take over its physical residence, so to speak. i also think that every one of us has that power, just some people don't realize they have it.

[edit on 8/11/2006 by evanostrand]

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeK

heres an experience I had.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-9-2011 by SKIN-E because: (no reason given)

top topics

join