It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I had only ......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
If I had only remained single. If I had only taken that job. If I had only listened to my parents. If I had only .... well, done things differently.

Any regrets? Sure, we all have our regrets. What are your regrets? What would you have done differently? How would you complete the statement If I had only .....

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hi benevolent tyrant,

Hmm, let's see,
If I had only known the path I took(not chose!) was to take me where I am today, I would have maybe done alot of things much differently.
Any regrets?
Yep!
Can I do anything about it?
Ok,this is the hard bit.......

I have issues with lots of hmmm, ''issues'' well, more like ME issues and Other issues....
:bnghd:
Ok,
maybe, could be , a bigger issue for me to get enough courage for me to post here another time.
Ok, lol, I am not making any sense, am I?
So,
Back to .......

If I had only known........

Let's see.........try this again.

If I had only remained single. If I had only taken that job. If I had only listened to my parents. If I had only .... well, done things differently.

Well, One thing I did do, is listen to my parents.....Oh, except for one ,majour,little minor, thing that sort of slipped ....hmmm, do i need to eleborate?
lol,
Hey!
If only I had........

does this all make sense?
sorry.....gee, probably does not make sense!
I'm going to post this, and maybe come back later to this thread.......
If I had only.....

helen

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
None , None at all

Belive me i had regrets but i learned that there is no point living in the past crying about crap that happend to you , you best just learn off it and move on , get on with your life and enjoy yourself

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If I knew then what I know now, of course I would have done some things differently.

But I always have tried to live each day as if it were my last, so I don't regret much at all.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The only one I can think of right now is not getting a chance to see Elvis before he died. Other than that I guess everything is A Okay.

Regrets I've had a few but then again to few to mention.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have a tonne of regrets but that's all they are - regrets. Just memories that pop into my head and make me go 'What if?' I don't let them rule my life, I don't let them get me down and I don't care about them!

Except when I get drunk. Then they AAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL come flooding back at once

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
At a rather young age, I was offered an amazing opportunity which I turned down. In hindsight, I often think about how my decision could have changed my life through the astounding opportunities that could have been opened to me.

When I was sixteen, my family traveled to Europe to visit family friends. My parents were originally from Lithuania but they had emigrated to the states after WWII. While we were there, we travelled to Rome. It seemed that some of our family friends were priests who were working in the Vatican. One friend, in particular was Bishop Paul Marcinkus, head of the Vatican Bank (yes the same one who was later embroiled in a famed Vatican/Mafia banking scandal). Through this acquaintance, I was given an opportunity to spend time in the Vatican library with another Lithuanian priest, a monsignor.

The monsignor must have been impressed with my knowledge, albeit youthful, of Lithuanian history and my interest in some rather archaic topics, in particular, Samogitia (modern day Zemaitya, the Northernmost Lithuanian province). I was offered an education at the Lithuanian Apostolic College in Rome -- Collegio Lituanica. Typically, this education would lead to the priesthood but, even though I had no compunction to this calling, I was offered admission to this very exclusive institution.

The opportunity that I ultimately turned down was the chance to have an internship in the maps and localized history section of the Vatican Library. It would seem that Lithuanians -- lay and clergy -- were influential and they sought other Lithuanians to, perhaps, solidify their position there. Regardless the reasons why "I" was offered this position and opportunity, it is one that I declined and that I have come to regret.

top topics

join