It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wording that descibe hezbollah fighters?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Aren't we all moving off target from the original target of the thread? Unless andy1033 meant are they classified as an army or terrorists or even both?

When doing abit of research I was surprised to find the EU doesn't even consider Hezbollah to be a terrorist group:

The EU does not consider Hezbollah, or any group within it, a terrorist organization. The EU Parliament passed a resolution recognizing "clear evidence" of "terrorist activities by Hezbollah". [146]. The EU Council does list a Hezbollah's senior intelligence officer - Imad Mugniyah as a terrorist.

Russia also had a similar stance.

I have to say I am quite surprised at Hezbollah- although they have terrorist links- they condemned the attacks of the WTC, the killing of innocents in their eyes. And the fact they are working to bring in fresh water for Palestinians, provide health care, schooling (although it may be crude if this was for recruiting purposes) and best of all- being a major group in promoting womens rights.

I do usually take a hard stance against such terrorist groups and I am aware of the bad they do- yet in a way I can see why support for them in said countries is so high.

<< 1  2   >>

join