It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran- Expands Nuclear Program-What to do Next?

page: 1

join
share:
DSO

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It looks like iran has made it's decision on its nuclear program. They have decided to expand it. This is a major blow to the international community, threatening to undo the little progress made in talsk with them.

www.ctv.ca...

Another thing is that they are threatening to cut off oil exports if the international community does anything to stop them. This would further escalate tentions with iran, and elevate already high oil prices.

Oh and i've heard rumours that Iran-North Korea-Venizuala have been in talks with eachother about something, mabey oil, mabey military.

I think the situation is a very difficult one for all the international community. However action needs to be taken against iran, despite the consiquences (higher oil prices). If they enrich uranium there is no stopping them from selling it to NK to build more weapons, put them on Iranin build rockets, and firing them against the US forces in Iraq, or against Isreal. Military action is not the solution here, diplomacy is the only way to solve this problem.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

-DSO

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Diplomacy with Iran is a dead end street. You cant negotiate with spaced out religous nutjobs.

War aint the answer either, because war is exactly what the Iranians want. They are itching for any reason to start lobbing nukes at Israel.

The answer? Shadowy covert warfare.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I disagree I think war is exactly what US wants, in order to hold back the Iranian oil from going into the hands of China.

Yes Iran will be the next casualty in the war on terror.

Making the area unstable and braking the theocratic rule will ensure a better place for Israel in the middle east and also a good hold of that oil in Iran, after all Iraq with all the death toll in the civilian population it means nothing when the oil will go to nowhere but where US want it to go.

And for the talks between Venezuela, NK, China and Iran is nothing more than plans on how to play with the oil productions to influence other nations including the US.

We are living in times were oil talks and you know what it walks.

[edit on 7-8-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Irans pushing all it can to see how far they can go. They want war or they want to do what they wish.

The US doesnt want war because it doesnt have anyone to fight it except with missiles. What will it do to finish the war? kill everyone alive in Iran and have the entire world against it or send in Barney and Sesame Street to fight?

DSO

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Covert warfare, i like it. You could call it a form of diplomacy, "aggressive" negotiations.

I agree that diplomacy would be very difficult to achieve, particularly since the diplomats for that country are totally extremists. But if we risk war the casualties will be so high that the US would be forced to withdrawl by the demands of its people. It would be Iraq x100, if not more.

However covert warfare might work, taking out the administration over there would send the country into chaos and perhaps bring some changes for the better. all the US/UN would have to do is secure the nuclear sites.

-DSO

new topics

top topics

join