It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrant Says on CBS: In 20 Years, We'll Run America!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
From Article:

Yesterday, on CBS’s "Sunday Morning" reporter Martha Teichner narrated a piece sympathetic to Hispanic immigrants, and in particular, illegal immigrants. She profiled three Hispanic people, two of whom initially came to the country illegally. One illegal immigrant she profiled was defiant of his status, and sounded almost threatening when he said: "In 20 years, we are going to run the country. Right now we're running the cities. So little by little, we're running the show. Little by little. So this sleeping giant is already awakened."

Over my dead body.
I have a sleeping gun that can just as easily be awakened, and I'm not afraid to use it.

And there you have it, folks. Let em all in! Open the borders some more! Dance with illegals! Give them your farm! Feed them or be raped! We NEED an ILLEGAL Mexican government, YES! Border fence? Nah.

JUST GIVE THEM THE DAMN COUNTRY WHY DON'T YA?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Over my dead body.
I have a sleeping gun that can just as easily be awakened, and I'm not afraid to use it.

And there you have it, folks. Let em all in! Open the borders some more! Dance with illegals! Give them your farm! Feed them or be raped! We NEED an ILLEGAL Mexican government, YES! Border fence? Nah.

JUST GIVE THEM THE DAMN COUNTRY WHY DON'T YA?

Oh, I see your point. The only contribution illegal immigrants make to this country is violent crime.
Let me ask you this: How do you intend to distinguish illegal Mexican immigrants from Mexican-Americans? Or do you simply despise all people of Hispanic descent? I really would like to know. Since you're obviously armed and dangerous, it's a simple matter of self-preservation.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
You are a racist if you don't want illegals in the US...?

Yeah, go ahead, pull out the race card. Uh huh. Cause that's all you got.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm not pulling any card. I'm merely responsding to your absurdist thread painting all illegal immigrants as violent. You mentioned a gun, I mentioned self-preservation.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
What? Me Worry?

I do not see how even a Spanish-only speaking undocumented worker could do a worse job that the motley crew who are pretending to run the country today. Do you?

May 1, 2003. "Mission Accomplished." Oh weren’t we just the dandy? An AWOL wanna be parading around the deck of an aircraft carrier in a pilots suit? Sweet Jesus. 2,900 KIA today and counting every day. Every day. Recall the one dead GI shipped to San Diego in a packing crate? Hmm? No Dover AFB re-entry into the country for him.

And who showed up on national tv on June 8, 2006? To make the personal announcement that villain al-Zarqawi had been killed. The leader of a small band whose name was changed to "al Qaeda in Iraq." And our leader boasted that when we go after ‘em, we get ‘em. Sort of like the old days West of the Pecos and Judge Roy Bean and all that cowboy stuff.

Looks to me like it is worse every day in Baghdad even after our stumble-bum leader takes to the TV, doesn’t it? Maybe he’s still looking for WMDs? And you worry that immigrants will take over the country? I’m saying, let’s get it done!

[edit on 8/5/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
I'm not pulling any card. I'm merely responsding to your absurdist thread painting all illegal immigrants as violent. You mentioned a gun, I mentioned self-preservation.

First of all, this thread does not paint all illegals as violent. :shk: It is a story to illustrate the MENTALITY of these people, who feel like they have some inalienable right to cross the US border whenever and however they see fit. And worse, in this case, to take over this country. Some really believe that they will eventually run the country. And I am saying unless something substantial is done to stop them, THEY WILL.

And to don there, who seems to have the exact opposite view to virtually anything I post (which is fine, and engaging), I say this: You ever worked with illegals in a trade? You ever talked to them at length and gotten a feel for where they are coming from? Have you seen the general quality of their work, which IMO lacks pride, caring, attention to detail, and generally reeks of "I will do the minimal possible to just make some money so I can send it back home?"

You know, it might even be interesting to see these people coming in here and showing us how it's done. Ya know, work so good that we sit in awe and say "Wow, I need to aspire to that." But the fact of the matter is, from where I sit and from what I have seen personally, that this is just not the case man. And I have heard the same pretty much from other people in other trades. They are here to use the system, make their money, and feed their families back home, for the most part. They could give two craps about the quality. And seeing as they are about to overrun the country and take over, don, it is befitting that they should suffer the consequences of the shotty work. May all the buildings fall, the paint peel off the walls, and the cockroaches and rats get in the unpatched holes. Good day.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
TrueAmerican Illegals will not be running America.

Descendants of Illegals made citizens may do just that.

Remember Gonzales he is the son of Illegal immigrants and he is in one of the most important offices in the government.

Also is many Latinos in congress.

Yes I will not doubt that it will come the time when one president with Latino background may make it one day.

And for taking the cities . . . I agree with that part of the post, in some towns here in the south they are becoming majority population, but still they are no running the cities or towns.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted by TrueAmerican

And to Don who has the opposite view to anything I post . . I say this: Have you ever worked with illegals in a trade? You ever talked to them at length and gotten a feel for where they are coming from . . ?” [Edited by Don W]

No. I am retired. I have not done gainful employment for 3+ years. I worked in the office of a waste water pre-treatment plant before moving to Florida. I have not worked here. I was acquainted with a small to medium size roofing contractor in Ky. He employed mostly men from 2 Mexican families. Knowing him, I imagine he did not care if they were legal or illegal. He liked them a lot and even visited them in Mexico.

You know, it might even be interesting to see these people come here and show us how it's done . . the fact of the matter from what I have seen personally . . this is just not the case . . I have heard the same from other people in other trades. They are here to use the system, make their money, and feed their families back home, for the most part.

You make it sound as if it is primarily employers who are the beneficiaries of the illegals. Especially those like my friend I mentioned above who can get away with a lot - I mean not deliver what he promised and charged for - and thereby raise their profits. Very few people will cilmb a roof to verify they got 200# they paid for instead of 160# actually installed, and etc.

Seeing they are about to overrun the country, Don, it is befitting that they should suffer the consequences . . May all the buildings fall, the paint peel and the cockroaches and rats get in the unhatched holes. Good day.

Well, T/A, shoddy work will produce the results you laid out above. It is up to the foreman or owner-operator to stop that or to let it happen. Workers around the world will do as little as they can to make the money, it is part of the capitalist system. Each exploits the other to the maximum. So what’s new?

[edit on 8/5/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

First of all, this thread does not paint all illegals as violent. :shk: It is a story to illustrate the MENTALITY of these people, who feel like they have some inalienable right to cross the US border whenever and however they see fit.

On the contrary, your original supposition is inflammatory and paints the majority of illegal immigrants as violent, otherwise you would not have included the link to the rape story. As for the "menality of these people," what you posted is the menality of one man, not the group as a whole.

And worse, in this case, to take over this country. Some really believe that they will eventually run the country. And I am saying unless something substantial is done to stop them, THEY WILL.

Like it or not, Latinos are the single largest minority group in the country. Even if you were able to stop illegal immigration and deport every single one, this fact would not change. You will have to learn to deal with the fact that Latinos will continue to play increasingly prominent roles in government and society. We are not the great menance, and we are not an enemy.

You ever worked with illegals in a trade? You ever talked to them at length and gotten a feel for where they are coming from? Have you seen the general quality of their work, which IMO lacks pride, caring, attention to detail, and generally reeks of "I will do the minimal possible to just make some money so I can send it back home?"

Once again, you paint with some pretty broad strokes. As a whole, I find that illegal immigrants are some of the hardest working people you will ever meet, bar none. Are there a few lazy guys in the group? Probably, just as there are lazy people across any socio-economic strata in this country. It has been my experience that illegal immigrants work harder then most for the simple reason that they have too. Sloth does not pay the bills or feed hungry families.

As for the general quality of their work, in construction, that is wholly dependent on the general and subcontracors overseeing a particular project. The workers, illegal or otherwise, do what they are instructed to do. If a GC or subcontractor wants to cut corners to save a few bucks, that is not the workers fault.

So TrueAmerican, what was your original intent with this thread? Was it merely to rant, or was it simply to slander an entire ethnic group? And please don't accuse me of pulling the race card. The sad truth is that this is how your post reads.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
who cares if theyre illegal whats the difference ?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This gets more bizarre everyday.

For an illegal to take to the airwaves and say something like this, is just showing total ignorance and stupidity- THEM are fighting words. The idiot.

Not a chance. If some keep blabbing like this, it will make Americans take the law into their own hands. God help us!!!

Where do they get these people to display on TV? All it does is cause more hate and it does not help their cause one bit. Nuts.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Over my dead body. I have a sleeping gun that can just as easily be awakened, and I'm not afraid to use it.

Here, here brother, totally agree. I made a post about exactly this sometime ago, the increasing political muscle of illegal immigrants is a very real danger especial when you consider their mentally. Huh, Aztlan, not if I have anything to say about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Just roflmao @ threats of violence.

WTG
Classy.

I suppose getting a govt in office that is willing to do something about illegal immigration is too grand of an idea to grasp eh?

Paw, grab yer gun we got meskins on the horizon!

I must've forgotten about how everyone thats an American deserves to be here eh? hahahaha

rich, propaganda ftw WOOHAH

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I suppose getting a govt in office that is willing to do something about illegal immigration is too grand of an idea to grasp eh?

I’m all for it but if worst comes to pass... the longer the illegal immigration issue remains unsolved the less likely our government is to do anything about it. Its almost to the point where taking a hard stance on illegal immigrants is political suicide, especially if you're from a border state.

Paw, grab yer gun we got meskins on the horizon!

Yeah, that's what this is about "meskins", please wake TF up.

More Pictures

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Ok, I'm not racist, infact I have some latino heritage.

But I'm opposed to illegal immigrants, and they have
no right being here, and further have no right to think
they should get stuff for breaking the law.

With them saying stuff like this, well it just makes me
wish we had an armed wall on the border.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Yeah, that's what this is about "meskins", please wake TF up.

Yeah... Living in Texas I mustn't know a thing, right?

next please.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Yeah... Living in Texas I mustn't know a thing, right?

next please.

Apathy just like ignorance has its perks I assume? I happen to have family in Arizona and they don't paint a rosy picture.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Lysergic,

You out of meds again?

Those Meskins are causing trouble, if you ask me (*but nobody asked me) That's ok, i can still express myself!

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Lysergic,

You out of meds again?

Nah, I got a stockpile, I'm solid.

Did you ever get yours?

Apathy just like ignorance has its perks I assume? I happen to have family in Arizona and they don't paint a rosy picture.

I dunno, why don't you inform me from your personal expriences? What happened did they take their jobs? THEY TUUK AIR JIBS!?

I live in West Texas, big oilfield here, and yeah a lot of the roughnecks are illegals but why do the companies hire them then, but I suppose thats a whole other thread.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Let's be careful of the direction of this discussion. In the last thread I was in on this subject, I got a warn for quoting a very mild epithet for Hispanics. I don't want to see the mods descending on this thread, as well. I know that so far the tone has been lighthearted, but everyone might not view it that way.

[edit on 2006/8/5 by GradyPhilpott]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join