It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology: Secret Society, Religion, or both

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Scientology

Is scientology a secret society, religion, or both.

I know this might seem like an awkward question, but as time has shown even though most speak of scientology as a religion do the secret rituals,rites, and practices of this organization feel a bit understated.

As an example if scientology was not so hidden why would certain rituals be performed in secret. (I realize this sounds very much E true hollywood story), but the ritual performed on Tom Cruise and his wifes baby.

Maybe I am just ignorant to scientology so if anyone could please inform with your facts since I really don't have any it would be most appreciated

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
While I am no expert on this subject, I did find a video for you that explains Scientology...

rly

What Scientologist Actually Believe

I leave you to your own conclusion

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
oh and if because its South Park you don't want to watch it / think its true...

here's: The Un-funny TRUTH About Scientology

ps: this video might have some images some viewers may consider disturbing view at your own caution, the truth aint always pretty

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I enjoyed the south park version thanks
I even have it on my computer storage
LOL

[edit on 8/4/2006 by tempest_101]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The un-funny one is my favorite of the two thanks for enlightnment.
ROTFL

In all seriousness though if scientology can be taken seriously what is the real story behind it?

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
hmm, I heard it was all from a bet that he (L Ron) couldn't make his own religion, however if this is true, I do not know. Could just be a rumor for all I know...

either way,

Cults are bad mmmmkay

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Last I researched they have seemed to twist Kabbalahistic beliefs. So many things tell a similar story just a different way of getting there or learning if you will.

Does anyone know if there is a G-d or messiah in scientology?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Interesting tie-in with John Lear's Soul Collector idea, though. Possibilities include: Lear's SC is disinfo designed to smear the truthftl parts of what he knows with an association with Scientology, or that it's real and LRH picked up on something as he was formulating his doctrine.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempest_101
Scientology

I know this might seem like an awkward question, but as time has shown even though most speak of scientology as a religion do the secret rituals,rites, and practices of this organization feel a bit understated.

As an example if scientology was not so hidden why would certain rituals be performed in secret. (I realize this sounds very much E true hollywood story), but the ritual performed on Tom Cruise and his wifes baby.

Maybe I am just ignorant to scientology so if anyone could please inform with your facts since I really don't have any it would be most appreciated

Ron Hubbard, founder of scientology, was mostly inspired by Aeister Crowley and copied the 10 degree system( like the O.T.O. there is possibly a secret 11th degree).

The main difference is that Scientology tries to appeal both to the religious and esoteric but it aims mainly to attract the rational and pragmatic side of its members.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
For information about Scientology, I highly recommend:

www.xenu.net

My personal take is that Scientology is mostly a money making operation. Hubbard spent the later part of his life running from the IRS. Scientology wasn't even considered a religion until the tax advantages of moving from a "self-help movement" to a religious one became inescapable. Early Scientology texts make a great deal of their suppoused religious neutrality.

I think Hubbard created a Franken-cult to make money and the created monster has outlived its creator.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
My personal feeling is if it doesn't harm anyone and makes you happy go for it. But for many reasons I won't list here scientology does actually harm quite a few of it's members.

My main problem though with scientology is it's pay as you go enlightenment plan. Let's say I open a restaurant called the International House of Pientology. Offering pie and spiritual wisdom in one secure and convenient location.

I offer you an apple pie that with every slice you eat will not only clear you of old bad habits but grant unto you certain and amazing physical and mental abilities.

I wont sell you the whole pie at once as that would be dangerous to you, but I have cut the pie into ten easy slices that I will sell you one at a time (for say 15000 dollars a pop) but I should warn you that if you eat and digest any of the slices of pie incorrectly you will have to start all over again at slice number one with a fresh pie (no freebies).

So you could spend years eating and re-eating the same pie before I decide you've done it all correctly and then once you've finally eaten and digested what amounts to a hellofalot of apple pie and you finally finish that last piece and are waiting for all the spiritual enlightenment you can handle that's when I let you in on the secret level of more powerful Peach Pies that will reveal the true secrets of the international house of pientology to you. This pie is cut into twenty slices for say 8000 a pop a discount for you because you have proven your commitment.

But this pie truly does grant you all the powers I've promised and more, I just couldn't tell you until you ate and digested that apple pie correctly because if I hadn't made you go through that you're brain and spirit never would have been ready for the power of the peach pie.

Of course once you finish the peach pie there's another secret pie that I'll tell you about that will really offer you all the things we've promised.

Though I may just be trying to unload a lot of useless pies for as much money as possible before you figure out that all that money you just spent didn't really make you enlightened just fat and diabetic.

Just my opinion though.

SPiderj
Manager International House of Pientology

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
See my comments on a previous thread:

Posted by Cinosamitna, on August 1, 2006 at 20:29 GMT

Stay far away from these guys. They claim that they are only channeling nature spirits and that by praying for wealth and success you are not hurting anyone. Sounds great doesn't it?

If you buy into this idea then you're in for a mighty surprise because once you manipulate an event to go according to your own will, you essentially attempt to rob another soul of his own free will, directly or indirectly as it were. You might claim that this hurts no-one directly by focusing on money or wealth and thus created powerful images to go out and fetch money for you is no big deal. Yet, what these members who join fail to see is that when you use your abilities for passions and desires - as opposed to love and healing - you do Jahve/Satan's work even if it's in the very best of your intentions. Good intentions of material gain are often converted into evil, just as evil can also at times be converted into a force for good. Any society that calls themselves a religion and proceeds to offer worldly desires must be looked upon with suspicion.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
That South Park video is about 97% accurate. I won't repeat the story, just add a few things and correct a few things.

The L in L. Ron was Lafayette. He hated the nickname Lafe, so he went by Ron.

L. Ron - known as Elron to those of us who despise him - said you could die of pneumonia or go insane if you learned this without being prepared for it. But: Elron defines insanity as being aware of Scientology and not participating.

Xenu was the head of the Galactic confederation. A UN like organization, tying 76 planets into a mutual help confederation. Formed 95 million years ago. So successful that overpopulation was a major problem 75 million years ago. Average population per planet: 175 billion with a B. Here on Teegeeack, the population was 250 billion.

Xenu had everybody called in for a tax audit, then had his minions sneak up on them and inject ethylene glycol and alcohol in their lungs. They were flash-frozen and brought to Teegeeack.

They were chained together and suspended in volcanoes. Forced to watch videos of autopsies, shipwrecks, trainwrecks, volvanos and psychiatrists. A network of "electronic ribbons, sticky like flypaper" was set up. Then they were nuked.

The heat compressed what the video calls souls, and Elron calls thetans, into clusters. There may be as many as 40 thetans in a cluster. The ribbons caught the thetans, and clusters.

You don't have a thetan; the thetan has you. A thetan "picks up a meat body" after the previous host dies.

Illness is caused by clusters. You get a cluster on your liver, it seems like one thetan, but there are a dozen in there. The arguing and strife within the cluster causes your liver problems. When you gain an insight into Scientology, a cluster "blows" - breaks up into individual thetans, who depart your body. You've done them a favor when this happens.

Xenu was captured and imprisoned in a cave in Mongolia in force fields powered by an eternal battery.

The truly sick thing: This gibberish is OT III; Operating Thetan III. It's a self inflicted wound. You use a device called an E-meter, a jive junk lie detector, to convince youself you believe this twaddle. And you pay Scientology an hourly rate for this because you should be a highly capable auditor by the time you make OT III.

search.ebay.com...

Google:
Sherman Lenske
Meade Emory
David Miscavige
RPF Scientology

All of them are discussed here:
www.sc-i-r-s-ology.pair.com...
See also
www.scientology-lies.com...
www.lermanet.com...

[edit on 6-8-2006 by xenu brings order]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
these "OT"'s, do they act as "degrees" in scientology? if so, how does one earn the right to pass through these degrees and what do they obtain by doing so?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rotarychris7
these "OT"'s, do they act as "degrees" in scientology? if so, how does one earn the right to pass through these degrees and what do they obtain by doing so?

By going through auditing sessions, which cost lots and lots of money. As someone mentioned above, the whole thing is a money-making scam.

Another poster above said that Hubbard was primarily inspired by Crowley, but this is not the case. Hubbard's system has nothing really in common with Crowley's, and a letter from Crowley to Jack Parsons is still in existence, with the old beast warning Parsons that Hubbard was a con man, and to stay clear of him.

However, Hubbard's system, interestingly, is similar to some forms of fringe Christianity. Some of the less "modernized" Christians still believe in demons and such things, and also believe that demons are what cause disease, death, etc. Thus, they also believe in exorcism.

The root of Scientology is exorcism. Although they don't believe in demons, they believe all non-Scientologists and low level Scientologists are possessed by the ghosts of dead aliens (body thetans). But in actual practice, it's the same as the Christian exorcist belief, i.e., that people are influenced and controlled by foreign entities.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
"these "OT"'s, do they act as "degrees" in scientology?"

Indeed. You audit youself, or pay another to audit you, until you have a "cognition". A cognition is an insight; an epiphany.

I can't remember which level claims which ability, but OTs can levitate, do telekinesis, affect the weather, et cetera.

This is one "religion" where they don't tell you everything out front. Scientology secret knowledge: The earth is in imminent danger of attack from 5th wave aliens. Only people who have achieved the Scientology rank of Clear can fight the aliens. We have to help Ron clear the planet. With luck, the Marcabians will help us. Marcabians don't use meat bodies like us. Marcabians use doll bodys, stuffed with kapok. Blow them up, no big deal. Just stuff the kapok back in, sew them up, they're good to go.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
omfg i am so surprised,

is that south park vid a joke? like all of it is right? is that really what scientologists believe? are you serious?

i gotta say, my jaw dropped the entire time i was wtching that, i know nothing about scientology, i acutally thought it wasnt much different than the mainstream religions tbh. well the basic tenets of it anyway.

tom CRUISE actually believes in this? omfg, i am absolutely blown away.

so what was the ritual he did with katie and the baby? did she convert? why did they stay away from the press so much? or rather, why did they keep the baby away so much?

[edit on 8/9/2006 by evanostrand]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Privacy. Scientologist or not wouldn't you want to only be around your family while having a new-born in the house? I don't believe Tom and Katie kept there baby out of public view because of some Scientology tenet rather for privacy with their new born child.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Scientology is simply the exploitation of eastern philosophy, galvanized into the head that it is the original work of L. Ron Hubbard. You could get the same self-help from 6 dollars in library late fees. God be with all that find solitude in others religions.

AAC

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempest_101
Scientology

All it is a conglameration of both science and religion but in of its self is no different than any other faith based religion it really equates to nothing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join