It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIMBER !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Canada.

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 02:49 PM
link   
yup,
I was there
"No TV and no Computer makes necro go crazy"

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Whoa! What happened? A lightning storm? Over half of Saskatchewan is covered in forest. I don't know about the rest of Canada though. There are lots of taiga and sub-arctic forests here.

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 03:18 PM
link   
lol... that's crazy..

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 03:51 PM
link   
wow those are some amazing pictures. my guess is incredibly bad freezing rain and ice followed by incredibly bad winds.

freezing rain can do a lot of damage to trees.

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Godzilla.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 07:15 AM
link   
If it was Gojira (That's his *real* name, BTW; A contracted name that means "Gorilla-Whale"), then those pics would've been Tokyo...

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 07:35 AM
link   
They build 'em like that out here!

Seriously, it was near St Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec. The Ice Storms of 1998.
Komorowski is one of my favourite photographers -some more great shots here: info-4-you.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 07:37 AM
link   
And if you like them -search "Stan Komorowski" he's done some excellent stuff -finds sculpture in artefacts.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Yuri Geller bends metal spoons by stroking them between his index finger and thumb. Yet the phsycic James Randi says he's a fake. So I wonder if Geller has gone one step further to really prove himself

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Or Copperfield was upset with Canada.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 03:26 PM
link   
There would need to be some pretty powerfull ice storms to bend steel.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 04:29 PM
link   
BUT ITS CANADIAN STEEL!!! A BLADE OF GRASS COULD BEND IT!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I prefer saying its in quebec, since it was more in there and i dont remember seeing that in sakadkhjatechewanistan!

It was REALLY NASTY freezing rain and COLD winds, i had to de-ice the car with a fricken HAMMER!!!!!!!

EVERYTHING was covered in ice!
It was a vision of apocalypse! army trucks rolled in the streets and cars skipped and rammed in walls, while people slipped and hurt temselves.

Shaut up!

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 11:26 PM
link   
i'm not a canadian but once i was working in the toronto area in the winter and there was a significant snow storm. the reaction was like a military operation. cars all over the side of the freeway. tow truck and cop cars everywhere. the guy i was driving with wasn't the least bit phased (we still were hauling ass, i guess there is an advantage to front wheel drive vehicles, though i've never owned one.)

you'all in warmer climates don't know what your missing.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yeah once you get away from the Gulf Stream, the cold becomes very extreme...lol I bet where those pictures were taken is at the same latitude as Northern France!

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I don't think anyone living there would have forgotten it in a hurry -I was in Thailand then and I remember it having been on the news.
From my very limited experience -winter either side of the Great Lakes can be absolute hell.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by necro99

I dont remember seeing that in sakadkhjatechewanistan!

What's that ? A former Soviet Republic like Turkmenistan or Azerbaidjan ???

HA HA HA....

top topics

join