It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Military: Made In The USA

page: 1

join
share:
df1

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The story focus is on "Bill Moo", just one chinese agent, part of an immense decentralized Chinese military intelligence and acquisition program. This eliminates years of research and it will give China the ability to match the US militarily much sooner than expected with high likelyhood that our troops will be facing American technology in any show down with the Chinese.

www.popularmechanics.com
On a hot Florida day late in 2005, Ko-Suen "Bill" Moo was preparing for the endgame of a covert operation he'd been orchestrating for nearly two years. He had arrived in Fort Lauderdale at 5 am on Nov. 7, as the city was recovering from the onslaught of Hurricane Wilma two weeks earlier. Moo checked into a $350-a-night room at the plush Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, and now, a day after arriving in town, the Korean-born businessman was ready to sign what promised to be a lucrative contract. In a few days, he'd head back to Hollywood International Airport to see off a plane, chartered for $140,000 to carry a special package. Moo would catch a commercial flight and meet up with his cargo in Shenyang, a city in northeastern China. The cargo was costing him nearly $4 million, but it was worth it. He would clear $1 million in profit once he made the delivery to his clients, senior officials in the Chinese People's Liberation Army.

Moo's package was an F110-GE-129 afterburning turbofan engine, built by General Electric to power America's latest F-16 fighter jet to speeds greater than Mach 2 (1500 mph). Over lunch in the Marriott's restaurant, 58-year-old Moo told the arms dealers who had arranged the purchase that he would soon be looking for additional engines-or even an entire F-16. But what the Chinese army wanted most of all was an AGM-129A, the U.S. Air Force's air-launched strategic nuclear-capable cruise missile. The stealth weapon, which flies at 800 miles per hour, can deliver a 150-kiloton W80 warhead to a target 1800 miles away.

Like everything else Moo was shopping for, the missile is guarded by at least three laws forbidding its sale or the transfer of its design details to foreign countries without government permission. Moo knew this quite well. In addition to working as a covert agent for China, he had a day job in the U.S. aerospace industry. For more than 10 years Moo had been an international sales consultant for Lockheed Martin and other U.S. defense companies in Taiwan. He was arguably the Taiwanese air force's most critical arms broker.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The government is suppose to be using our military, intelligence agencies and all of those secret black programs that cost big dollars to protect america. And after all of the billions of dollars spent for security we find that the bulk of all cargo entering the country is uninspected, our borders are a revolving door and now we find out that the chinese military are using our country like a weapons walmart.

It seems to me that addressing these problems should take precedent over the middle east crusades which currently entangle our resources thereby putting our security at risk.

[edit on 3-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 3-8-2006 by df1]

df1

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This is amazing. Every day I hear people peddling fear about the threat of north korean & iranian nuclear weapons. These are two pissant countries that would be wiped from the face of the earth 20 minutes after they launched a nuke at the US.

However nobody has anything to say when china, a 50,000 ton gorilla, is routinely raiding US weapons stores of the most sophisticated military technology that america has to offer. Gee does anybody think its about time that the administration and congress removed the thumbs from their collective butts and addressed this issue immediately.

Obviously the "faux patriots" have crawled into their holes, because the lack of action from the government on this matter is not defendable. I damn well dont feel safer. Do you?

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
And what? You don't suspect the United States of having it's own spies around the world let alone China?

If you think FOR ONE SECOND that China is the only nation that is stealing military technology from other countries, I have NOTHING more to say.

df1

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt
I have NOTHING more to say.

Generally this is the problem in america today. Folks have everything to say about nothing and nothing to say about the seminal issues of the day.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I wonder if the US ever knows that there is a spy and just feeds them disinfo or faulty designs etc

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Well, when everything else is made in China, what do you expect?

Does anyone remember in the summer of 2001, there was some plane that was forced down by the Chinese or something, and people were talking pretty strongly of war and such things with them? Well, I honestly think that the reason we haven't confronted them on anything is the fact (and I'm sure that this has been pointed out behind the scenes to those in power) is the fact that China has a control-position in our economy. A good chunk of the manufactured goods come from China.

Honestly I think that the Chinese have all but told the US government that they have us beat, and that they will continue the status quo if they do what they want them to. I know that that is a long shot, but I get the feeling that the position of the US government is too...fake. We are all stern in public, but the actual policy in position does nothing. Sad, isn't it?

Anyway, I think it is time for me to go to bed in my Made in China pillow, sleeping in my Made in China pajamas, waiting to be woken up by my Made in China alarm clock, just to go out into a Made in China filled world.

Whether we like it or not...China is gaining power, and has the ability to keep it.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
My thoughts about this are:

1- the US knows what they will be up against in case of a confrontation with Chinese troops.

2- the US may have known at least some of the cases and has given them faulty informations, like warpboost said, it has happened before.

3- this is a result of being the biggest arms maker in the World, and a different type of globalization. Also, the US troops have already fought against weapons of their own making on many occasions.

4- try Diplomacy instead of War for solving the political problems and this becomes irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I don't think China has any reason to want a military confrontation with the US. They can just keep selling cheap goods to the US, and if need be, they can buy out the US. They can probably buy off all the politicians as easily as anyone else. I think their weapons are pretty much defensive. Although, I suppose they could be sold to other countries as China tries to expand its sphere of influence.

So long as oil is important, and the US can control the world's oil reserves, China will probably be rely on the US for oil. Although, the way things are heading it does seem like the Chinese will be ruling over the US to greater extent. America rose to world power during the era of great american manufacturing. When the Europeans decided to kill each other, America rose to global preeminence. Will a similar situation happen with China?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Just ask Bill Clinton and Al Gore.They sold military secrets to the chineses in exchange for campaign contributions. Clinton gave them infomation on guidance systems and more.

df1

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sir Solomon
Whether we like it or not...China is gaining power, and has the ability to keep it.

True, however the US government should not facilitate and accelerate the rise in Chinese power.
----------------------------------------------

Originally posted by ArMaP
1- the US knows what they will be up against in case of a confrontation with Chinese troops.

The US military knows, but the politicians are clueless.

2- the US may have known at least some of the cases and has given them faulty informations, like warpboost said, it has happened before.

Nothing but equivocation and wishful thinking.

3- this is a result of being the biggest arms maker in the World, and a different type of globalization. Also, the US troops have already fought against weapons of their own making on many occasions.

We've screwed up before, so its ok to do it again on a larger scale?

4- try Diplomacy instead of War for solving the political problems and this becomes irrelevant.

Acheiving our diplomatic goals is best done from a postion of strength. The chinese military easily have numerical superiority, however our leaders have always touted the technical superiority of our weapons systems. Apparently we no longer have the technical advantage, so we will be forced to make diplomatic concessions to the chinese or face an opponent with superior numbers and equivalent technology on the battle field.

Originally posted by crontab
Will a similar situation happen with China?

The chinese are in no hurry. They are content to play the game out over decades, however some acts of desperation from western politicians that see the writing on the wall could accelerate the time table greatly.

Originally posted by steve99
Just ask Bill Clinton and Al Gore.They sold military secrets to the chineses in exchange for campaign contributions. Clinton gave them infomation on guidance systems and more.

If you had a problem with this happening under clinton, you should have the same problem with it happening under the bush administration. Clinton being an idiot is not a valid defense of the current leadership. This is a national security failure on a grand scale and it should not be a partisan issue.

At this point anything the chinese gained under clinton is an antique in technological time. You should have also mentioned that that Benedict Arnold was working for the british as this information is equally as valuable to the present.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1

We've screwed up before, so its ok to do it again on a larger scale?

I only said that this was not an unique situation, from a military point of view the fact that they know what they may find in case of a conflict between the two forces is better than not knowing what they may find, I think, but I am not an expert in military matters.

Acheiving our diplomatic goals is best done from a postion of strength. The chinese military easily have numerical superiority, however our leaders have always touted the technical superiority of our weapons systems. Apparently we no longer have the technical advantage, so we will be forced to make diplomatic concessions to the chinese or face an opponent with superior numbers and equivalent technology on the battle field.

I agree that a position of strength is a better position, but there are more ways to achieve a dominant position.

Most people do not want wars, and only choose that path when there is no other way.

China, today, is one of the bigger oil consumers, and the fact that they are not oil producers does not mean that they will invade oil producing countries, so if they need something that the US can give them, good oil or construction contracts, for example, they will surely prefer the continuation of peaceful economical transactions than a war against a country that would not be an easy enemy to deal with.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well either the Chinese steal it from US industry, with US government authorities choosing to look the other way, or they just get it from Israel after the USA gave it to them ( with some cash to implement it). That's all fine and good ( at least they will have actually use the weapons directly ) but when the US starts to sell it's highways and harbours to the highest bidder ( i think it's up to 120 ports under the directorship of a Saudi) i think it's citizens should probably start getting worried. Civil defense don't work very well when the infrastructure belongs to foreigners after all.

What i find even harder to believe is that some people here think anyone should want/need to pay for their own weapon research when they can just steal it. Talk about dumb ideas.... China and Saudi Arabia keeps reinvesting all their petro dollars in the USA but since they have run out of things to buy ( well probably by now) they now get to blatantly steal highways and harbours while the Fed's look the other way.... As some government authorities admitted, ' We after all have to give them something of value to buy with all the dollars they accept as payment for goods'. Not a direct quote but you get the idea.... Americans will one day wake up and find that ,just like in the third world, the ground they live on no longer belongs to them or even their government.

Good luck.

Stellar

top topics

join