It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wth is WATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
way above top secret awards?.Why dont i have one to vote?

Dae

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
At the bottom of my avatar you will see 'ignore' and 'way above', if you click the way above you will have voted for me and have two left for this month... cleeeeeck eeeeet. No dont, 'cos you only have 3 a month. I believe that the person with most WATS in one month wears a spiffing badge on their avatar, I think it comes off after the month is up, not sure on that though. Feel free to test it on me

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Also the reason you can't see it on your own profile is so you cant vote for yourself, but you do have one there, i can see it now.

It takes allot for me to use one, i can go a whole month without giving a WATS vote, but when i do they are worth it.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
MUHAHAHA let me give it a test on you two guniea pigs

Dae

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Unfortunately nothing actually happens, we dont get a u2u or anything to let us know, its up to the person who votes if they want to c&p the vote box thingy on a post.

Did you know that if no-one votes a WATS every 108 minutes then ATS implodes...
Proof of ATS imploding

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Staff Members, FSME's, Council etc. are capable of rewarding members with an Applause for posts that stand out. Of course this comes with a point bonus and the more you recieve the more red you will see in your post bar. Every 10 Applauses I believe you jump to the next redness level.

Well what we the Members have is WATS. (Way Above Top Secret)

When you come across a post, or a poster, that is putting up work that you really appreciate, you can award that member a WATS vote. You have three a month I believe, and can only vote for a member once each month. At the end of each month we have a WATS winner who supports the Award.

At the end of each year all WATS votes are tallied and the staff announces the WATS award for the year.

Seekerof & Valhall are two members I know have won the yearly WATS award. Not sure who won it for 2005 though.

So next time you read a post that made you think, Man! That was good! Give that WATS button a click and reward them for their effort. Most times the member is not aware of the vote for themself, but other times a u2u is sent or members simply say inside the thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Staff Members, FSME's, Council etc. are capable of rewarding members with an Applause for posts that stand out. Of course this comes with a point bonus and the more you recieve the more red you will see in your post bar. Every 10 Applauses I believe you jump to the next redness level.

[...]

Let's not forget that if you receive 101 applauses, you will break the applaus bar and it goes black. I've only seen two members with broken applause bars -- Vagabond and Skadi. Not sure if there are any others.

top topics

join