It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vanity Fair NORAD Tapes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
www.vanityfair.com...

Everyone has to listen to the clips on the above website, i'll post a few of the short transcripts.

08:43:06FOX: I've never seen so much real-world stuff happen during an exercise.

08:46:36NASYPANY: Hi, sir. O.K., what—what we're doing, we're tryin' to locate this guy. We can't find him via I.F.F. [the Identification Friend or Foe system]. What we're gonna do, we're gonna hit up every track within a 25-mile radius of this Z-point [coordinate] that we put on the scope. Twenty-nine thousand [feet] heading 1-9-0 [east]. We're just gonna do—we're gonna try to find this guy. They can't find him. There's supposedly been threats to the cockpit. So we're just doing the thing … [off-mic conversation] True. And probably right now with what's going on in the cockpit it's probably really crazy. So, it probably needs to—that will simmer down and we'll probably get some better information.

08:57:11NASYPANY: Think we put the exercise on the hold. What do you think?

9:19:44NASYPANY: My recommendation, if we have to take anybody out, large aircraft, we use AIM-9s in the face.… If need be.

9:23:15ANDERSON: They're probably not squawking anything [broadcasting a beacon code] anyway. I mean, obviously these guys are in the cockpit.NASYPANY: These guys are smart.UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yeah, they knew exactly what they wanted to do.

9:54:54SELFRIDGE FLIGHT OFFICER: Here—here's what we can do. At a minimum, we can keep our guys airborne. I mean, they don't have—they don't have any guns or missiles or anything on board. But we—NEADS TECH: It's a presence, though.

That last one is really disturbing, no guns or missiles???, then why bother scrambling them you fools. The Pentagon seriously needs to address some of these failures and other questions that can be raised from what is on those tapes.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
beeen posted like 4 other times

[edit on 2-8-2006 by VoXiSo]

new topics

join