It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The North is Melting and the South Freezing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
While the countries in the Northern hemisphere experience record temperature highs - in some cases to the point that it causes casualties - the Southern hemisphere is freezing.

This morning snow was reported in Johannesburg, South Africa. I've lived in Johannesburg for a good 12 years or so, and it never, ever snowed there. This morning there were widespread reports of snow in the greater Johannesburg areas...

Temperatures dropped suddenly last night after a "freak" rain storm making today the coldest day this winter, and according to the weather guys it's about to get even colder...

So while the rest of you guys struggle against the heat, some of us are shivering... Extreme conditions indeed.

SABC News report

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have personal proof of this....

My girlfriend is from ecuador and she remembers it being warmer outside when she was a child, they dont even have heat in the houses because they never needed it.

Also just last year we went to ecuador, there was a hail storm, and i was like big deal.....but on the some people were actually PRAYING up to the sky !!! they thought it was the end of the world !

[edit on 2-8-2006 by imbalanced]

join