It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity's Vanity is Attempting to Quantify GOD.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Curious.

Is Humanity in the right to try to put GOD under the microscope?

It seems to me an overwhelming portion of humanity tends to take the biggest concept known and unknown to us and attempts to quantify it by looking at it through a microscope or magnifying glass.

The irony.

We take the biggest thing there is and use a perverbial magnifying glass to study it.

Just a thought, but perhaps we haven't the capacity to comprehend it. And for this reason alone, faith in absence of tangible proof is the truth, especially when we haven't the capacity to comprehend the tangible proof.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
that Indeed is the Problem, the Human Race putting GOD on Trial ! horrible !

Blessed Jesus is Nailed to the Cross and says ' come n ask me here n tell me about it', since you seem to have Me Nailed Down ! so to say !

The Blessed Mother Maria/Mary said that Her Soul did Magnify the LORD !

Best way is to go to the Lord with 'Sis' till u learn to communicate with Him on His Level [s]...

Lolove n luck n good health/sex/passon/emotions...Ave Maria !

[ do unto God as u would have God do it to you ] lol

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
In answer to your arrogant questions

1) Curious. Is humanity in the right ?

Was a part of humanity right in proposing a God they themselves do not understand? Who asked priests to create and preach some God full of paradoxes?
Since we seem to be born with an analytical ability and a personal opinion I would say we have the right to put anything under the microscope specially when there is no visible or tangible benefit to the so called presence of God.( In fearness Popes and Cardinals have ammassed vast fortunes so the story of God did benefit somebody)

2)Irony. Why take the bigest thing...

Exactly because it is the "supposedly" biggest thing and yet it remains unseen, unproven, surely something that big should have made itself felt. What a disappointment when one is so keen to believe. I blame priests and their patronising rubbish and obvious lack of sincerity.
People look in the microscope because they would love to believe, every person wants to be redeemed but when confronted repeatedly with utter nonsense it is only natural that they should begin to doubt and disect.
The church is givin a bad story and seems unable to change its tune.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
humans are by nature curious animals. of course we want to KNOW where we came from. we haven't stopped asking why since we were 2 years old.

the bit that i think is vain is assuming that your god sees humans as somehow special - like we're anything more than fleas to 'him'.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osbert
In answer to your arrogant questions

What makes my questions so arrogant, aside from your state of mind as an observer?

Who asked priests to create and preach some God full of paradoxes?

What paradoxes?

Since we seem to be born with an analytical ability and a personal opinion ....

What personal opinion did you have when you were born?

Exactly because it is the "supposedly" biggest thing and yet it remains unseen....

Over 99% of all matter in the universe is unseen. Does that make 99% of the universe unreal?

unproven

Was gravity not real prior to it being proven?

surely something that big should have made itself felt.

Depends upon the objections of the observer, i suppose.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Arrogant because you have picked arguments to which you think you have an answer.

Paradoxical? The list is quite long but let's give you a couple...The existence of evil from a creator that is supposed to be benevolent - Free will and predestination - The presence in hell of millions of children whose only sin was to have been born in non christian nations or born before biblegod.

99 % of matter may remain unseen but there is nobody trying to ram it into my life.

Electricity, like gravity also existed unknow, so what? are you suggesting that proves the existence of biblegod? Do you know how many gods there may be?

Osbert+
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
He made us and he knows what we are doing ...right ?
So whats the biggie, if he had a problem he would drop
down here and probably send us an updated 10 comandments,
of course it would probably be an email, because people dont really
use stone tablets all that much.

new topics

top topics

join