It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI covering up confirmed alien signals?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Alien hunters today pounded the SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) Institute here with e-mails and phone calls, following claims made this weekend that the organization has covered up the detection of signals from space.

Allegations of a SETI cover up were made last night on the fringe-friendly Coast to Coast radio show hosted by Art Bell. During the broadcast, professional SETI watcher Steven Greer, the CEO of Space Energy Access Systems, claimed that insiders told him that SETI discovered a high concentration of signals from space, and that another organization stepped in to block those signals. SETI, however, maintains that it has not seen any signals of note.

source

I honestly don't know what to make of this. It certainly seems a plausible turn of events had there been signals found. But, after contributing to, and being a firm believer in the SETI program for many years, I'm kinda pi$$ed off!

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
They released information from a suspected "wow" signal before, but could never reestablish the signal, so they thought it was some type of interference. I doubt they'd cover it up, but who knows?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Well to be honest, I think the guys at SETI are pretty straight up. Those doing the alledged blocking, probably not so much! And no doubt capable of doing some quite strong 'persuasion' to keep it quiet

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Just so you all know, Paul Allen put about 11.5 million $ into SETI a while back.
Don't think they are incoruptable.(not saying Paul Allen bought them out, hes a standup guy, but they do accept massive donations which can lead to them being ruled by outside investors/funders)

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think this can be true. I always think that SETI was created not to find any alien contact, but just to locate "them"! what it's not a stupid idea at all. if they know already aliens exist for sure, they will want to know from where they came or where they are!, maybe SETI is a kind of alien Spy project after all....who knows!!...

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This is geer been sensationalist. He said that signals recived from space were ocasionaly interfeared with, and heres the saensationaist part "posibly by agancys like the CIA". It's very normal to have signals from space interfeared with as we use radio and comunications here on earth. He is a fraud trying to get attention, ignore him.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
well i was watching this one show about extra terestrial life and they said that seti once long ago i think it was back in 91 or late, they said there were some weird frequncy like a radio signal was thrown into space randomly and there antena was picking it up and they were all exited da whole night following and searching for this signal and it turned out to be a comet or something like that tht was very close to earth. I mean this is basically dumb if we are saying this that these alien life is ahead of us in technology then y would they send us radio frequency n signal why wont they jus send us a laser or some other type of signal that we haven't even conqured yet i mean discoverd so maybe we are being sent signal but we aren't recieving because maybe out technology is lower then there.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Doubt it, although shameful if true.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Seems to me every time Shostak is interviewed he denies Extraterrestrials are here. Then denies any SETI capture of signals. In the last few years he's beginning to soften on denial of life elsewhere.

Personally, I feel he's a debunker employed by a higher power to ridicule Ufologists interviews and debunk UFO reality. The last time Noory interviewed him on Coast, I emailed CTC and asked if they'd mind asking him some tough questions such as What ever happened to SETI's plan and announcement to begin observation of signals carried through light, ELM and ULF signals? The question was not asked of him. It was late in the show anyway.

I envy SETI home people trying to find their own answers.

Dallas

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by da king
... I mean this is basically dumb if we are saying this that these alien life is ahead of us in technology then y would they send us radio frequency n signal why wont they jus send us a laser or some other type of signal that we haven't even conqured yet

Well you have to keep in mind also that these aliens might be looking at our society and going to their museums and say "Okay, what did we use 100,000 years ago that they can notice." That's just something to keep in mind.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
lol, what would be a jucier conspiracy, than if Seti was set up to show us that there is nothing out there, meanwhile we allready have contact.

Adding our participation in on it, would ensure that we believe the experiment.

Of course, thats just hogwash, but it would be a very juicy conspiracy indeed!

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If there was indead a dense packet of information that may be in fact intelligent signals, wouldn't the US government cover it up so they can keep "national security"?

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well the video I posted Here Has the news reporting on sutch said signals. I think its quit strange nothing else has come of this!

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
What Frequency ranges does SETI transmit and receive? I know for a fact that Seti has identified the radio frequencies and signals that pulsars, quasars, planets, comets and other heavenly bodies transmit. What if we are in the wrong frequency band? What if we are taking the wrong approach? If EBEs are indeed telepathic, then why would they transmit anything at all?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Remember, we aren't the first life to dominate this planet.
What if, while the dinosaurs were here, other species out there were evolving?
I mean, theres MILLIONS of years we could have missed out on. They might be so advanced that it's not possible for them to broadcast to our inferior technology anymore. Or, we could be so primitive, they view us like we look at ants. Just sort of there and doing whatever.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Considering they found what "could be" an extra-terestrial signal before and it turned out that they just discovered a neutron star.

Maybe they got a little bit wiser and generally dont disclose any information unless its a dead cert..You know to save ethe embarrasment?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If they haven't found anything by now why is it still being ran?

Of course they've found signals and life out there, this isn't rocket science. Without proof though we cannot deny any of their claims yet I do understand that if they found life why wouldn't there be Gov't interference? They insist on doing it in all other associations so why not S.E.T.I?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is absolutely one of my favorite places to visit.

Dave

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Maybe some research should be done to find out EXACTLY who is
in control of SETI and more importantly who DO THEY ANSWER TO
Once you know this information you may well want to consider the allegations more carefully.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
i would really hope that SETI would not cover up any signals i thought that they were privatley funded and the whole purpose was to search for life else where and let the world know about it i would like to think this is not true.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join