It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baalbeck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Anyone know if the bombings have come anywhere near Baalbeck?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
well they are bombing the City of Baalbek . I hope to God they don't destroy that place and I dunno how far Jaita is but that place too is spectacular.

Pie

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Source

The Israeli army says it has seized a number of Hezbollah fighters in a raid on Baalbek, a town deep inside Lebanon.

So, Israel has begun with deep penetration with its special forces, about 100 km north from the Litani river

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duby78
So, Israel has begun with deep penetration with its special forces, about 100 km north from the Litani river

Israeli Generals like Balutz want to take up to the Litani while Israeli politicians only want 1.0-1.5Km within Lebanese borders on top of what they already took. Israeli citizens are pressing for the Litani though and may cause the politicians to agree.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Damn, I must be psychic or something XD

I woke up and all of the sudden was thinking about what a great place Baalbeck was when I visited it a couple of years ago.

I had the same kinda thing happen to me on 9/11, I woke up and couldn't stop thinking about my time growing up in Harlem. 7 hours later, I watch the 2nd plane crash into the WTC on CNN.

If past experiences mean anything, I guess its bye bye Stone of Pregnant Woman :@

[edit on 2/8/06 by thematrix]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
If past experiences mean anything, I guess its bye bye Stone of Pregnant Woman :@

Well maybe you might be half right. Possibly when the courageous soldiers of the IDF attacked and raided the hospital in Baalbek today maybe they got a few real pregnant women.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by Duby78

Israeli Generals like Balutz want to take up to the Litani while Israeli politicians only want 1.0-1.5Km within Lebanese borders on top of what they already took. Israeli citizens are pressing for the Litani though and may cause the politicians to agree.

You are right. The reason why Israeli politicians adjusted the distance is because they underestimated Hezbollah's resistance and maybe overestimated their own military. First they said Israel would ''clean'' Southern Lebanon from Hezbollah militants within days, then it became two weeks, and now it is four weeks.

The Israeli press blames the Intelligence agency, and after all, their army is far from professional. For all of those saying the Israeli army might be even better trained than the US army, that's complete non sense. They are pretty well equipped, that's true, but its rather insane to compare a conscript army with a professional army, and even more to claim it to be superior to a professional army.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
~~

Israeli commandos attack in Baalbek, Lebanon
is briefly mentioned in this report about Air Raids & Bombings
www.asharqalawsat.com...

where is Baalbek, Lebanon

The Israeli commando raid to the northern town just might have more of a story
to it than just chasing after Hezbollah fighters...
perhaps there's a symbolic reason as well.

Baalbek might translate to 'God of Bekka Valley'
see: www.sacredsites.com...

[seeing as how Israel is engaging in Nihlism, the utter destruction of
Lebanon, its govt, its infrastructure,....it might be part of the plan to level the
ancient ruins in the process of re-making the middle-east???]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by thematrix

Well maybe you might be half right. Possibly when the courageous soldiers of the IDF attacked and raided the hospital in Baalbek today maybe they got a few real pregnant women.

only part i agree with on this post is the part where you call the IDF soldiers courageous. Dear God please help the Israeli soldiers as they try to regain peace and solidarity in THEIR region in all we ask, Amen.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snazuolu

only part i agree with on this post is the part where you call the IDF soldiers courageous. Dear God please help the Israeli soldiers as they try to regain peace and solidarity in THEIR region in all we ask, Amen.

From your mouth to Gods ears!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Why not just pray for the lives of the civilians on both sides

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Yep, bombing and raids on Baalbeck.

The rocket onslaught came as Israel Defense Forces stepped up its offensive against Hezbollah, raiding an eastern Lebanese hospital in Baalbeck overnight that the IDF said was a base for militant fighters.

Israeli forces killed 10 militants and captured five others in the assault on the Baalbeck facility, according Lt. Gen. Dan Halutz, the Israeli army's chief of staff. No Israeli forces were injured in the raid, he said. Hezbollah fighters were using the hospital and surrounding area as a logistical base, housing many leaders, Halutz said.

Israeli forces seized intelligence information in the hospital, Halutz said. The IDF also reportedly destroyed a large supply of missiles. "There are no patients there; there is no hospital," Israeli Prime Minister Olmert Ehud Olmert said. "This is the basis of Hezbollah in disguise. It's named a hospital precisely to mislead you and others that will consider it a place no army will intervene with."

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
More intel on the Baalbeck hospital raid.

Lebanese security sources said that reports from the area suggested that Israeli troops were pursuing suspicions that the two abducted Israeli soldiers were being held or treated inside the hospital.

Meanwhile, Israeli reports said that the mission was intended to capture Sheikh Mohammed Yazbek, an official of Hezbollah, the Lebanese Shiite militia based in southern Lebanon. Hezbollah denied that any of its fighters were being treated inside the hospital.

On a side note, there seems to be a discrepancy about how many Hezbollah members were "captured". Was it 5 or 6? This sometimes indicates that there is at least one high ranking person captured that nobody wants to discuss.

Hezbollah says there were five civilians captured, but Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert says "tasty fishes" were among those captured in the raid.

So did Hezbo just recieve a serious blow to their high command? Time will tell.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
And the topic is Baalbeck (which encompasses the raid that occured there)

Please confine your posts to that subject only.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
More on the raid.

Israeli's capture prisoners from hospital

After inspecting the identification of everyone in the hospital, the IDF soldiers proceeded to arrest several Hizbullah officials, who were later transported back into Israel. The officials' names and positions in the organization were not revealed.

Israeli troops had the time to enter the hospital, check everyone's identification, round up Hezbollah officials, and then extricate both themselves and their prisoners without taking a single casualty.

This makes Hezbollah look like a bunch of amateurs playing out of their league -- and it demonstrates that Israel can hit them pretty much at will. Hezbollah leadership has to understand that if they can't be protected in their own strongholds, they live pretty much at the whim of Ehud Olmert and Amir Peretz. More importantly, their sponsors in Damascus and Teheran now understand that their liaison teams have a substantial risk of capture, which would be more than embarrassing in the current conflict.

Lebanese police gave the names of the five captured civilians as Hassan Dib Nasrallah, Bilal Hassan Nasrallah, Ahmad Auta, Hassan Burji and Hussein Shokr

[edit on 8/3/06 by makeitso]

top topics

join