It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Supper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I am posting this thread here because is the only place I know in ATS where there are people with some knowledge of the Qabalah and can tell me if my idea is feasible, laughable or simply coincidental.
I am not a mason nor an expert on the Qabalah, I would be grateful for your opinion.

Jesus and the Last Supper painting by Leonardo

One aspect of the famous painting which may not have yet been noticed is the strong representation of 4 signs of imminent death.

The name Jesus (without entering into the merit of the historical Jesus) is the Greek / Latin version of the Hebrew name Yeshua, there was no letter J in any language until 14th century English.

1) Yeshua is formed by the Tetragram IHVH (Yeovha or Yahwe) which is increased by the letter Sh which signifies the Sacred / Holy Fire so that in the one word you have the Father, the son and the Holy Fire. However, like all fires it is destined to die and return to normal.

2) Jesus is Thirteenth (sacred 13) with the 12 Apostles, The Twelve Labours of Hercules, the Twelve Sons of Jacob, the Twelve Tribes of Israel and the Twelve Knights of King Arthur's table all have the same zodiacal derivation. And then there are the twelve months of the year. The number 13 represents the sacrifice, the death of the Old year to facilitate the transition to the New Year.

3) A lot has been written about the number 666, a lot of it rubbish but one of the significances of the number is Abundance, Full Extension: a bit like a magnificent firework before it subsides. In the painting Jesus has 6 apostles on his right, 6 on his left and his own age is 33. Sure sign of finality.

4) Last but not least the painting is entitled The Last Supper.

Feasible, laughable, coincidental or just irrelevant?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Yeah, I think you have a good theory here, one that locks straight into the Jesus as Solar allegory theory (if you do a search you should be able to find a lot of threads about this topic already).

This IMO is the allegory in painting, The Last Supper, not the often touted Mary Magdalene story -- Jesus is the Sun, surrounded by the 12 signs of the Zodiac.

home1.gte.net...

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I never went for the Mary Magdalen story either and tks for the link, seems very interesting.
Osbert+

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I study a little Kabbalah and Judaism.

Well it is an interesting observation. I'm not sure whether it actually has any significance or not.

However, the Jews, as you may know, do not think Jesus was the missiah. Not speaking for them, what is it that he really changed? His teachings were in line with the concepts of Judiasim. He basically just restated in his teachings to the common people the wisdom of the rabbinical tradition. The messiah son of david, prophecied by many jewish prophets, was to change EVERYTHING. A king of the Jews, not a rabbi declared "heretical" and crucified. So I have 3 theories.

1 Maybe Yeshua was the anti-christ. The real Christ is coming as prophecied to squash the anti-christ, in the "second coming", which would really be the first.

2 Maybe he was the messiah and the prophocies were just VERY general statements. There's an anti-christ figure at some point and the second comming Christ will come again and judge.

3 It's all hoggwash and there is no god.

Number 1 would probably explain the 666 reference although i realize it's a stretch, but i already had this thought before i read this post. I mean look what christianity has done. more people have killed for this idea than for any other religion.

I tend to think the traditional christian swing on it (number 2) is shallow and un thought out. But, i'm biased having not put so much emphasis on the christian view after studying outside religions.

I definately don't believe number 3, but felt i needed it to be fair. And of course there are thousands of possibilities to what could have happened. I'm not sure if what you found means anything but if this observation pans out into something bigger give me an update.

top topics

join