It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burglar discovers photos taken by sex offender. Including photos of burglers sister.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
www.tdn-net.com...

A Piqua man was arrested Friday after a burglar broke into his home and stumbled upon a metal box full of illicit photos of young girls, including the thief's 4-year-old sister.

Richard Yearsley, a 51-year-old registered sex offender, was arrested from from his apartment at 329 Harrison St. after the 20-year-old burglar called the Piqua Police Department at 4:40 p.m.
=====================================

Can the police actually charge the pedo scum with anything considering how the photos were discovered? Police arent allowed to break into home without a warrent , so how could a burgler be allowed to find usable evidence? While we all want the pedo to be jailed, allowing the photos to be used in court could cause a domino effect.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The Bill of Rights only covers government actions. Evidence gained by private individuals is admissible in court if its provenance is proven.

The police often get warrants based on anonymous tips... Plus, crimes are often cracked when neighbors, upon looking through windows, discover something that they tell the police about.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is absolutely correct it would seem... Since the evidence was seized correctly (it is assumed) for a different crime, there was no fault on the part of government here, so one couldn't claim they gathered it incorrectly... Colonel's a lawyer isn't he? Maybe he could shed some light...but it seems the law is a-ok on this one...

Poetic justice, don't you think?

I see your fear of a domino effect though, but it seems that if one is willing to assume the punishment of the crime (burglary in this case)...then it may just be that the burglar knew of it, and broke in to find said evidence... This is what I'm getting from this...and I'd say protecting your sister is worth a little jail stint, community service, for unarmed burglary (especially if that's all that was taken, the article doesn't say...)

join